Pirates of the Caribbean....savvy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about the characters I would get, and that depends on the format. I would get more 12 inch figures because they cost less, but the premium format would work beautifully with the elaborate costumes. Either way, I'd be happy...

With PF Jack, Norrington, Elizabeth, and Barbossa would grace my shelves for sure. Possibly Davy Jones and Will, too.

Savvy, indeed. Bring on the Pirates of the Caribbean products. I'd be happy with either 1/6 or PF, but that would also depend on who all is made.

Me, too. I don't care at this point which format it is. I don't have any PFs and collect 12 inch, but I would be willing to spend the money on Pirates PFs. I don't collect Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or Marvel, the only SSC line I collect is Buffy and I don't purchase every piece.

I can handle a Pirates line. :)

If Pirates of the Caribbean was made into a 12" license I'd buy everything they would throw at me. From Jack Sparrow to Davy Jones to Will Turner to Elizabeth Swann :naughty to Pintel to Righetti (sp?) not to mention if they could make them look good, it'd need a new body but the Skeleton Pirates would be amazing to have on the shelves. Make it happen SSC....make it happen.

I can easily see a Sideshow 12" Jack and Barbossa. Davy Jones could be done with some new hands and foot. The Skeleton pirates could only be done if done like the Jasons (with ruber suits and not completely torn off clothes). Though new Skeleton bodies would be sweet. Come one Sideshow make a deal with NECA or Disney already!

A talking feature would be cool too (for Jack, Jones, and Barbossa) if it wouldn't raise the price too much or limit the articulation. Could make for good exclusives (like Scarface).

I'd rather they not have a talking feature, as NECA's 18 inch figures and 12 inch figures already have that. I just want highly detailed figures with cloth clothing.

A 12 inch line would enable me to have a larger collection of characters. A PF line would be wickedly awesome because of the detail, but I would have to be choosier....I just want Pirates. I'm hoping this X-mas announcement is Pirates.

I know the announcement probably won't be Pirates....but I still can't help wishing.....

I would laugh if they did a huge countdown to the World of Warcraft announcement and then said tomorrow, "Oh, by the way, we are also doing Pirates of the Caribbean."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

But I don't see Sideshow Pirates happening any time soon.

:monkey2

I will predict that tomorrow's announcement will be an import or distribution deal and not a new property that Sideshow will be developing themselves. Then if I am right I won't be disappointed, and if I am wrong I will be excited.

(But I would love to see a Jurassic Park announcement...)

It is obvious by Dusty's pictures of her Medicom Jack gift that the guys at Sideshow WANT to make Pirates figures. I think the only thing holding them back is the RIGHTS. Surely, though, if Sideshow was able to snag Star Wars from Hasbro they could buy off NECA or Disney or whoever would have the 12" and PF rights. Not like anyone else makes "Premium Formats" right? Didn't Sideshow come up with that name in the first place? Not that I could afford PF though, but Star Wars PF lead to 12" Star Wars figures!

Me, too....me, too.

I know that there's plenty of Pirates figures out there, but there's no true line of higher end figures.....SSC would be perfect for that, and Pirates fits right in with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings - a money making franchise. I can't imagine an SSC Pirates license doing poorly. It's a no brainer, IMO.

Alas, it seems like this is destined to be nothing more than a dream....

I can see Jack, Barbossa, and Davy Jones selling very well. Elizabeth would sell just because... well we all know why. Not sure how well the rest would sell. Will is a main character, but if I could only get three figures it would be Jack, Barbossa, and Davy Jones - not Will.

I love NECA's 8" line, but I am getting sick of all of the Jack variants from the same mold! The new Cannibal Jack at least has some new parts as did the cursed version, but it is still over 50% of the first sculpt :rolleyes: I'd like to see some more Dutchman crewmen. The newest Zizzle one was the puffer-fish guy. All of the other crew they did, NECA also did so I imagine the puffer-fish guy is next on NECA's list too.

Just found this picture at GentleGiantCollectors.com of an upcoming Jack Sparrow bust sculpted by GG:

jack01.jpg

I Love the pose but I am not too sure about the ship wheel behing Mr. Sparrow. GG usually has matching bases for all of their characters in a particualr series. I do not know if I would like a dozen ship wheels next to eachother.

Maybe if every character had a different object behing them...

Not liking the face too much...something's off. But, will see when the time comes. Until then, am playing with my Sparrow bobblehead. :arr

Back