Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

2016? That's a ways off and they already teased another Cannibal Jack with chair awhile back.

Not sure if there was any official word on that though.

Give us Barbossa & Davy Jones 2.0!

2016? That's a ways off and they already teased another Cannibal Jack with chair awhile back.

Not sure if there was any official word on that though.

Give us Barbossa & Davy Jones 2.0!

according to Mr. Howard Chan, CK Sparrrow 2.0 was pushed back for other Depp characters

according to Mr. Howard Chan, CK Sparrrow 2.0 was pushed back for other Depp characters
I see. That leaves Tonto who's already up for PO, Ichabod who fell into a black hole somewhere in the universe & Mad Hatter I think.

Any other Depp character I forgot?

Last edited:

I see. That leaves Tonto who's already up for PO, Ichabod who fell into a black hole somewhere in the universe & Mad Hatter I think.

Any other Depp character I forgot?

In that same interview H. Chan also said he had no plans to make Mad Hatter or Willy Wonka so I guess just Tonto and Ichabod right now

Finally got my Dead Man's Chest Will Turner finished after he sat in the early stages for about a year. I wanted to capture his "beat-up" look from the end of the film.

I had originally intended to use more of the Zizzle and Hot Toys parts but ended up remaking most of the outfit from scratch because there were just too many things "off" with the stock parts that bugged me. A big part of the wait on this figure was tracking down a good vinyl for the jacket and then figuring out how to make the 'rivet' buttons.

My plan was also to attach hair to a cast of the Hot Toys sculpt, but that just wasn't working, so I took another look at the Zizzle sculpt after seeing YodaMan's repaint of Zizzle's Elizabeth Swann - it came out surprisingly decent with a repaint.

Here are the stock parts I used in the end:
Zizzle DMC Will Turner - head, shirt, belt buckle
Hot Toys AWE Will Turner - knife & sheath, scabbard buckle, boot cuffs
Hot Toys DX Jack Sparrow - pants, vest buttons

will_dmc13.JPG
will_dmc21.JPG
will_dmc16.JPG

will_dmc14.JPG
will_dmc11.JPG
will_dmc3.JPG
will_dmc5.JPG

Amazing statue of Pirates of the Caribbean. I loved this funky statues for interior designing for home. i want to see more statues of Pirates of the Caribbean. it's fabulous .

Thanks, all! Got so many more I want to do, but they take forever!

Just picked this baby up. i think its an underrated figure. not many people know this Giant cosbaby 12 inches. the figure is heavy!!!! and good quality.

Looks cool, nice pick up :clap

Glad I stayed away from Cosbaby's altogether - I'd be hella broke if I got into those. :lol

That figure has been talked about in threads here before, LOL. It definitely appears to be a knockoff - but that's pretty much all we know about it at this time. The figure in the stock photos could be a genuine Hot Toys Davy - meaning that the final product might not come out looking quite as good. :dunno Given that the genuine HT Davy has reached such ridiculous aftermarket prices, I'm in for the KO if it turns out looking as good as the stock images. :pray:

Wonder whats in the upper box? I just want a Salazar anything at this point

Looks like a TV with 'da trailer playing.

Dang, this includes the big wheel too? I guess it really is just a DX06 reissue. :lol Show me 'dat sculpt.

I saw a picture on Facebook the other day, the guy posted " Anything different from the dx06?" Didn't realise it was the new Sparrow it literally just looks like a reissue :banghead

if we're lucky we might just get a wooden base with the magnetic plaque from the last figure :rotfl:rotfl

trying to find the picture.....There was me hoping for something new. :slap

So they will release Sparrow 3.0 with the same diorama? I hope not... I wouldn't be surprised if it's the 2.0, nothing more.

Dang, I figured we were just getting Jack. :lol On the bright side, at least us 7" scale collectors will have the Diamond Select Salazar and Barbossa.

Back