Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How were we suppose to know pre orders were going up on sideshow? Didn't they announce the date and time for Anakin... this felt random and of course I miss it
I got a text and email, did you RSVP? It also was announced on their app.

The hour noticed may have worked for not allowing as many scalpers, I'm not seeing any eBay listings like I did for Joker and Anakin.

I saw the announcement today around 9am? Then I checked all the pages and nothing was posted at all to rsvp or anything, I even looked thru the Instagram posts and no links or any information was posted through those walls of text.

I'm not sure if it's diecast because it actually has a worn finish and the groove running along the blade like Jack's sword, where the previous DX swords were chrome looking and didn't have the groove.
Previous DX swords do have the groove unless I'm misunderstanding what groove you're referring to 🤔 I have both right now and both have the grove. You can see it here in the below pics as well. The original plastic swords from the DMC and AWE figures didn't have the groove at the back of the blade, though. Also, the Angelica figure came with a weathered version of the metal DX sword as well. I always wanted to grab one, but it was just too expensive for that singular item. Always thought it was odd that they weathered the one she came with but not the DX06 or DX15

DX06 Sword:
s-l1200.jpg

DX15:
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Angelica:
s-l1266.jpg

I actually use DX06 boots on my custom Jack, and at least in photos, the boots look the same as DX15. I don't need new boots.
Understandable if you like what you have. I prefer the look and shape of the DX15 and the new boots being made of leather this go around is a nice touch to being that much more accurate/authentic to the real deal.
As for the belts, again, they're saying real leather, but I'd like to see people get them in hand to be sure. If they are, then I might.
Can't see a reason for them to lie about the use of real leather. I'm not up to speed on all the times they've done real leather but the DX10 used real leather on the jacket and pants just as they claimed it would as well as the recent Logan with real leather brown jacket. DoD Indy is also stated to have real leather jacket, whip and boots. But again, I can understand if you like what you have don't want/need to spend the money if you don't have to. I'm admittedly a little nuts when it comes to upgrading to the next best thing when it comes to these figures.

I'm using the DX06 boots same as Maulfan, and I've weathered then up nicely. I've never had any issue with pleather disintegration in my collection so I'm in no rush to getting the belts. I do need to get a custom leather baldric made for my CotBP Jack yet though.
I get that. I tend to not have much issues with pleather either unless I buy a used figure. But, if I have the option for real leather, I rather take it as it'll be cheaper to get the parts from HT than to have them custom made, plus the longevity of it over pleather. At the end of the day, real leather will just last longer than pleather a majority of the time.

Speaking on the baldric for COTBP, even though it'll be expensive, I eventually plan on asking FullMetal to make one for me as I think it'll be worth it to have the accurate buckle made of real metal and all the real leather straps.

Yep, the lantern is something I really love -- it feels very Pirates of the Caribbean from the old Disneyland ride. If only it would flicker and play the creepy music at the beginning of the ride.
I was glad to see the addition of the lantern as well. Also reminds of me of when he goes below deck to find rum but instead finds Bootstrap Bill waiting for him in DMC

Last edited:
Previous DX swords do have the groove unless I'm misunderstanding what groove you're referring to 🤔 I have both right now and both have the grove. You can see it here in the below pics as well. The original plastic swords from the DMC and AWE figures didn't have the groove at the back of the blade, though. Also, the Angelica figure came with a weathered version of the metal DX sword as well. I always wanted to grab one, but it was just too expensive for that singular item. Always thought it was odd that they weathered the one she came with but not the DX06 or DX15

DX06 Sword:
View attachment 695177

DX15:
View attachment 695178

Angelica:
View attachment 695179

Understandable if you like what you have. I prefer the look and shape of the DX15 and the new boots being made of leather this go around is a nice touch to being that much more accurate/authentic to the real deal.

Can't see a reason for them to lie about the use of real leather. I'm not up to speed on all the times they've done real leather but the DX10 used real leather on the jacket and pants just as they claimed it would as well as the recent Logan with real leather brown jacket. DoD Indy is also stated to have real leather jacket, whip and boots. But again, I can understand if you like what you have don't want/need to spend the money if you don't have to. I'm admittedly a little nuts when it comes to upgrading to the next best thing when it comes to these figures.

I get that. I tend to not have much issues with pleather either unless I buy a used figure. But, if I have the option for real leather, I rather take it as it'll be cheaper to get the parts from HT than to have them custom made, plus the longevity of it over pleather. At the end of the day, real leather will just last longer than pleather a majority of the time.

Speaking on the baldric for COTBP, even though it'll be expensive, I eventually plan on asking FullMetal to make one for me as I think it'll be worth it to have the accurate buckle made of real metal and all the real leather straps.

I was glad to see the addition of the lantern as well. Also reminds of me of when he goes below deck to find rum but instead finds Bootstrap Bill waiting for him in DMC
That's who I was looking to have do mine as well. I have his Indy Revolver/holster and it's incredible work.

How much is the Artisan? There’s a long queue at secret base full of old grannies, it was the same with the arena Boba release. This stuff is a real money maker for these old people and their pimps, I’m not joining a queue and no chance I’m paying the granny premium. Deluxe looks fine to me.

How much is the Artisan? There’s a long queue at secret base full of old grannies, it was the same with the arena Boba release. This stuff is a real money maker for these old people and their pimps, I’m not joining a queue and no chance I’m paying the granny premium. Deluxe looks fine to me.
Artisan was $495 USD through sideshow

DX06 Sword:
View attachment 695177

DX15:

Can't see a reason for them to lie about the use of real leather.

Whoops on the sword, that's what I get for going off memory haha, haven't looked at it in a long time, it's usually sheathed on display.

With that, I supposed the new one could be die cast as well, nice to see that it's weathered though, as cool as the metal sword in the DX figures was, it looked too new for Jack. Weathering the blade on my full scale costume prop was one of the most fun things I've done.

As for the real leather goods, if the belts are indeed real leather, I'll want new belts because the pleather of the DX15 belts is too shiny and new looking, and easy to flake and ruin.

Curious if the baldric is properly tailored this time around, HT always fabricates it to rest too high up and when you adjust it to lower it, the buckle ends up in the wrong place. I live with the misplaced bucker for the proper hang on my figure.

Regarding the boots, for me it ultimately comes down to the look they capture on display, and DX06 boots do it best for me, I'd rather less authentic material and the overall quality more to my liking.

Selling my Dx15 if anyone wants one. Both pleather belts fell apart sadly except for snake belt, So price is $385 (I paid $400) pm me for more info if interested.

Back