Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

Official synopsis
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazer (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea – notably Jack. Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Benton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifull small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has never faced.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” also stars Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs, Golshifteh Farahani as the sea-witch ShansiDavid Wenham as Scarfield, Stephen Graham as Scrum, and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa

Even the synopsis is long :lol

Sounds like another new love subplot that Jack gets involved in. Man, they just keep making the same movie with different 'ghosts' and set-pieces.

I think they try too hard with these things by the time they're on their 5th installment.

Just go with: bad ghost wants something that Jack has and he doesn't want to give it up. Done. Simple. I get it. Let's go.

Last edited:

It's a modern PG blockbuster, they want to get attention of modern young adult audience.
In their heads the only way is to add a young adult subplot.

They should've been done when At World's End was finished. Heck, I think they intended to be done after that. :lol

Eh, soon enough everyone will be wanting the DMTNT HT Jack figure like they do the OST one and nobody will care how the film was.

I had to sell my OST figure so I'm crossing my fingers HT makes a new one, and that it's even better. Does HT still do PERS or DX figures.

Eh, soon enough everyone will be wanting the DMTNT HT Jack figure like they do the OST one and nobody will care how the film was.

That's the truth. :lecture

I had to sell my OST figure so I'm crossing my fingers HT makes a new one, and that it's even better. Does HT still do PERS or DX figures.

It's a Disney franchise, so it's almost a guarantee that we'll see a new Jack from Pirates 5.

Personally, I'd prefer a Pirates 1 or 2 version instead, since I prefer his original outfit and hair.

HT doesn't do the PERS or DX anymore (it seems), but they do individual movable eyes with certain figures, like the Batman Returns figure and Hulk.

I just want a new Jack with PERS or if not I'll try to hunt down the OST heads. Maybe HT will finally get his coat color right.

eUWf9nU.jpg

It's always fun to see the next villainous supernatural pirate.

This one has to be better than the last....

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

At least the villains have always been played by really great actors, so they're at least very enjoyable to watch...I wish Ian Mcshane wasn't wasted in the last film though. A pirate version of Al Swearengen could have been so much more...

I like the designs for Javier Bardem's character and the new ghost pirates.

At least he looks more interesting than Black Beard, but to be fair I thought it was Davy Jones when they first showed him step on the ship in the trailer. :lol

It's always fun to see the next villainous supernatural pirate.

This one has to be better than the last....

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

:lol:lol

Last edited:

I enjoy all the movies, even OST, but I do hope this one returns to the big, epic feel of the first 3. My main issue with OST was that all the action felt to close quarters and not big fights like the original 3.

I also hope the Pearl is back, I'm glad to see Gibbs returning, his relationship with Jack is as entertaining and as much a favorite part of the franchise for me as Jack and Barbossa.

I don't know what you guys are on about, but I'm pretty excited for this. They're always really fun popcorn flicks. And the first 2 are up there on my list.

If it was a transformers situation and they were pumping out pirate movies every other year, it would be a different story. but they've spaced them out pretty wisely.

Back