Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

No, that's Captain Salazaar's ship coming upon Barbossa's.

I wonder if Will and the Durchman will be only a small part, or if they're just downplaying it to sell the movie on new characters instead of old. I do see Marty is back among the crew too along with Gibbs.

Reinvigorate the franchise? Looks like the exact same structure as all the Pirate movies, right down to the young lovers. He must have meant "lets try it again".

All they needed was a good villain -- and it looks like they have one.

I think in Hollywood the term reinvigorate has taken a new meaning of "make big money off a property that declined in income and revert to the tried and true formula that made it sell to begin with."

You can't fault Hollywood though, as much as the repetition and lack of creativity are frustrating, we all keep lining up to see it, if it didn't make money they'd stop.

Way Disney is, I'm surprised this isn't Salazar's Revenge: A Star Wars Story.

Yep. TFA proved it 2 billion times.

Unfortunately, repetition/non-creativity has always worked. I blame the people.

'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales': First Reactions From CinemaCon Screening

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-5-first-reactions-cinemacon-screening-989648

You don't think you need more Jack Sparrow and then you realize you needed more Jack Sparrow."
As part of its presentation at CinemaCon, Disney screened the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Distributors, theater owners and some journalists lucky enough to see the fifth entry into the Pirates franchise took to Twitter right after the screening to share their thoughts.
The general verdict was that Dead Men Tells No Tales was a fun surprise and the return of Captain Jack is no bad thing.*

The critics praised the fun action sequences, the story, and the villain.

I think in Hollywood the term reinvigorate has taken a new meaning of "make big money off a property that declined in income and revert to the tried and true formula that made it sell to begin with."

Oh you mean Star Wars?..oh, eh..never mind

Yep. TFA proved it 2 billion times.

Unfortunately, repetition/non-creativity has always worked. I blame the people.

They eat it up so why would Hollywood deny them?

I'm looking forward to this film and like (don't love) the look of it so far. My one complaint with it is the love story of Henry and Carina - it looks like a carbon copy of Will and Elizabeth's story in the first film.

"I saw her ankles!" - most creative dialogue I've ever heard. :slap

Probably a 30 second moment. But now that is spoiled.

Hey Sean, I hate to ruin it for you but Godzilla makes an appearance swimming by the Pearl. Ooops.

Back