photographing your figures/customs,help for the inept, begged for!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great tips everyone! I too am eager to learn the techniques for taking a good picture, I hope to buy a higher end camera in the future so this will be very helpful!

Answer: I broke every one of those rules. :chew

Hmmmm.

Use a camera that lets you manually focus and adjust the shutter speed and aperture. Using a larger aperture for shallow depth-of-field so that objects in the foreground and background are somewhat blurry, calling attention to the main subject.
Seems like you just used the heck out of the depth-of-field bit. ;)
Well a good point to make Monk, and very true that most often, good photography isn't about following some paint by numbers system, but intuitively using the features of your camera and living in the moment, that's how I work, I have a rough estimate where to start, but I always see where things go. However, for people looking to start out, you need rules to give your rule-less technique some guidance.

A big thing, especially with the freedom of digital photography, take LOTS of pictures, you never know which will come out great cuz many of the on camera windows aren't true to the final image quality, the more you have the better off you are. I did a few photoshoots with some models and I took about 300-400 shots to get 50-100 great ones.
I could not agree more. Any "tips" you get are a place to start. Once one has tried all the technoqies people are sugesting in this thread, one will have a really good idea pof the parameters of their camera and will be set to improvise.

:lol Yeah. You've got me there. ;)

Sorry. I was drunk. Really drunk. :eek: But it was mostly true. Didn't mean to come off as arrogant.

I'll shut up now. :wave
It's all good, and please don't shut up. Very valuable points you raised.

And I've also found I take some of my best photos while drunk. ;)

Hey Monk,

My earlier comment about depth-of-field choice wasn't meant as a knock against your pics (which were cool btw) - I was just trying to make a point. Hope no offence taken. I do things differently than metaphorge too - so yeah, everybody is different.

cheers,
doc t

Last edited:
my hugely improved pics, cant thank the suggestion of a soft box enough!
HPIM0111.jpg
[/IMG]

Back