Philippines President to Legalize Vigilantism!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from the Philippines and never voted for this guy. He's crazy, when an Australian female missionary was gang raped and killed by inmates in a Philippine prison, then-mayor Duterte said "F--k those inmates! I'm the mayor, I should have raped her first! She was so beautiful!" I think he went nuts because his daughter was raped too, years ago. So his daughter went nuts too, shaved her head and became a lesbian.

Anyway, I never imagined Philippine politics would be discussed in a toy forum. It will interesting to see the opinions of members here -- or more accurately, the opinions from other nationalities. Well, back to the Hot Toys 1:6 Princess Leia thread for me. Don't want to think about this Duterte, a lot of us in my country are really worried. He has communist leanings and is actually offering key government positions to communist leaders.

I'm from the Philippines and never voted for this guy. He's crazy, when an Australian female missionary was gang raped and killed by inmates in a Philippine prison, then-mayor Duterte said "F--k those inmates! I'm the mayor, I should have raped her first! She was so beautiful!" I think he went nuts because his daughter was raped too, years ago. So his daughter went nuts too, shaved her head and became a lesbian.

Anyway, I never imagined Philippine politics would be discussed in a toy forum. It will interesting to see the opinions of members here -- or more accurately, the opinions from other nationalities. Well, back to the Hot Toys 1:6 Princess Leia thread for me. Don't want to think about this Duterte, a lot of us in my country are really worried. He has communist leanings and is actually offering key government positions to communist leaders.

Duterte isn't too popular in Australia, as you could imagine.

he's the mayor of a southern city, south is an area where the rebels are. flash back years ago, they said it was no mans land, cowboy stuff. flash back further some more, the .45 ACP made its debut there, where the yankees had to deal with the moro warriors.
now, its on the top 10 safest city on the planet. i hear stories about his death squads. repeat offenders, specially drug related and rapists end up dead in his town.
interesting listening to filipinos during election period, over a bucket of beer, food and karaoke.

how wil they prove the person killed was a bad guy? what if a wife kills her husband and just says he was a criminal but he wasnt?

how wil they prove the person killed was a bad guy? what if a wife kills her husband and just says he was a criminal but he wasnt?
How much money do you have. That's what it will boil down to.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's absolutely terrible down there. It's relatable to el Salvador or Detroit in that crime is rampant. Maybe the city needs a better class of heroes. Gov can't control the widespread crime anymore.

When crime turns into uncontrollable evil it takes a different type of justice to battle it. Evil people do not respect the innocent until the tables are turned.

the criminals are not going to take this and they will retaliate, they will want protection... they'll create kill squads, a character like the Joker might rise,
those squads might start to target the vigilante groups,
this might create a civil war type of thing. different groups attacking and killing different groups

the criminals are not going to take this and they will retaliate, they will want protection... they'll create kill squads, a character like the Joker might rise,
those squads might start to target the vigilante groups,
this might create a civil war type of thing. different groups attacking and killing different groups

U.S. presence in the Philippines has grown again recently, I don't think they'll stand by and let the contry devolve into complete chaos. If it comes to that...

but then why is this guy asking for help from people?

He's a man with few ideas...?

U.S. involvement in the Philippines for the most part is strategic (China), benefiting both countries, hopefully. Having the country possibly running amok over legalized vigilantism doesn't bode well for either. I dont live in the Philippines, but if I were investing time, resources and money in a place that might not do well due to bad policies, I might have to open my big fat mouth. This is my line of thinking.. it could go either way and only time will tell if this does go into effect.

The citizens won't be cool enough to become Punishers. We're going to have a nation of Solos, yelling "While Solo lives, terror dies!"

Back