PF Frodo sold out!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hells of Iron said:
Newborn Uruk from TolkienOnline?

Whatever happened to TolkienOnline ? The old URL no longer works... did they take everyone's money and run ?

I think the 1000 ES is about right for this.....I think the sculpt looks
pretty good as well although I'm not buying any LOTR PFs.

It took about 2 months to sell out. 1000 is fine. I'm still curious as to why there's no exclusive. Though I'm struggling to think of what exclusive they could've used.

Light up Sting seems to be the one most people have suggested. I don't know if they could give it a nice subtle glow--if it lit up like Obi-Wan's lightsaber, I'm not sure it would look quite right. I guess they could make the ring on its chain the exclusive, since they managed to sell out of the 1000 without any evidence of there being a ring with the regular one. No pictures, no reference to it on the product page. It has been confirmed that there will be a ring, but it seems like most people don't mind not seeing it on the figure, and maybe it could have been an exclusive item.

tomandshell said:
It has been confirmed that there will be a ring, but it seems like most people don't mind not seeing it on the figure, and maybe it could have been an exclusive item.

Light up sting would be deadly beatiful :)

There was an official confirmation in today's newsletter that the ring had been included to the PF Frodo.
I know people are not happy with the face sculpt but I love the dress and the pose and there are not so many PF LOTR out there not to buy this one. December will be a great month :chew

I think Frodo coming with the ring is somewhat old news, he had it in San Diego. :D

tomandshell said:
After spending some quality time with Lurtz, I am even more excited to get Frodo. Bring on the next LOTR PF announcement, please!

What he said!!

tomandshell said:
After spending some quality time with Lurtz, I am even more excited to get Frodo. Bring on the next LOTR PF announcement, please!

Damn you guys are impatient! It's only been EIGHT MONTHS since they announced Frodo and you want another announcement already!

Take a chill pill guys.

Darth Loki said:
Damn you guys are impatient! It's only been EIGHT MONTHS since they announced Frodo and you want another announcement already!

Take a chill pill guys.

:lol :lol :rotfl

I need to learn patience. Quickly.

I am glad that I was on the fence about this line for so long. If I had felt this way from the start, these last eight months would have killed me.

tomandshell said:
I need to learn patience. Quickly.

I am glad that I was on the fence about this line for so long. If I had felt this way from the start, these last eight months would have killed me.

It's not these months that suck, it's going to be the one's after Frodo. If they announced the next PF in next week's news letter, we're looking at June at the earliest and most likely some time in August. There's gonna be a lot of waiting in between Frodo and the next PF delivery. Hopefully that will give me a chance to figure out where the hell these are gonna go.

Darth Loki said:

Take a chill pill guys.

Damn right... its painful on the pocket, you know!!

Sideshow really need to put the pedal on the metal for this line. Making so few a year is just going to make people not get into them and go to other lines. This could be one extremely successful line if they choose the right characters and have a consistent number a year. Great next choices would be Theoden and GtG. Those would tempt me...ALOT.

If Theoden is anything like Frodo, I won't get him. I never liked the PF Frodo, even at first glance. Saw him again, still don't like him. I think the Frodo pose should have been him clutching the ring, but IMHO.

Well spooktacular is coming so mayby we will see an announcement then. Would love to see GTG or Eomer, Theoden something with Armor.

Have to say I would like to see another annoucement in this line. When is Frodo due out? Maybe Gandalf the Grey or Witch King in true form.:cool:

Back