PF Frodo sold out!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Frodo is due in December I think.

I guess that would be Jan here. Damn. Thats alot of PF I have coming in the first few months with both Hulks on order.

I really hope we get an announcement though before Christmas to keep this line going. Star Wars is moving along very nicely.

I think that we will get the next announcement before Frodo ships. It's no good for the line to have all of the existing pieces shipped without any news of what's next. I thought we would be at that point with the Star Wars line earlier this year, but they managed to get Luke/Yoda and Boba Fett up before Leia shipped, so they were able to avoid any dead time. I think that we will see our next announcement during one of the ***taculars. It's been eight months since the last preorder, and it can't be too much longer before we see the next one. If it's taken longer to produce, that just means it's going to be a really awesome figure. (Fett was worth the wait.) And it might also be a situation where figure #3 has been a little delayed, so #4 has caught up in the production process, and we will get two of them announced fairly close to each other. Only one LOTR PF announcement in 2006 just seems so unlikely...

(And I would also like to see a third Star Wars PF announced this year, while they're at it.)

I'd like to see a Stan Winston 1/4 scale Alien Warrior Maquette announced.:monkey5

tomandshell said:
I think that we will get the next announcement before Frodo ships. It's no good for the line to have all of the existing pieces shipped without any news of what's next. I thought we would be at that point with the Star Wars line earlier this year, but they managed to get Luke/Yoda and Boba Fett up before Leia shipped, so they were able to avoid any dead time. I think that we will see our next announcement during one of the ***taculars. It's been eight months since the last preorder, and it can't be too much longer before we see the next one. If it's taken longer to produce, that just means it's going to be a really awesome figure. (Fett was worth the wait.) And it might also be a situation where figure #3 has been a little delayed, so #4 has caught up in the production process, and we will get two of them announced fairly close to each other. Only one LOTR PF announcement in 2006 just seems so unlikely...

(And I would also like to see a third Star Wars PF announced this year, while they're at it.)

tomandshell said:

Yeah, I think we'll see another PF announcement before Frodo ships. I agree that the next one will be like Fett in the coolness it brings.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I think we'll see another PF announcement before Frodo ships...

I also think they will announce a new LOTR PF pretty soon.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I think we'll see another PF announcement before Frodo ships. I agree that the next one will be like Fett in the coolness it brings.

It better be someone with some serious armor to have taken this long (kinda like the delay with Fett)

Theoden has my choice for armoured character.

Gandalf is my sentimental and first choice. :gandalf

I think it's a little too early in the line for a High Elven Warrior or a Fountain Guard, though, I hope they make them eventually.

More likely will will see either GTG, Aragorn, or Boromir next.

I do think Theoden would be a good second year character to choose. That armour... :drool

FlyAndFight said:
If it's armored, I'm hoping for a Fountain Guard or High Elven Warrior. :cool:

If not armored, then Gandalf The Grey would be perfect.

Or Saruman :chew

While I love Gandalf, I think that Boromir or Theoden would be excellent choices next, as they would provide some great opportunities for the costume work. Gandalf's outfit is a little more basic. The line needs a few jaw dropping pieces to get it going, and fancy armor would do the trick.

That's why I think Eomer is also a great choice. The armor like Theoden would be awesome and we've yet to have an official Eomer statue type piece.

I'd love to see another fellowship member before they branch out, and I would love to see the cool layers for gandalf the grey, and all the weathering to his clothes. After that, I would be happy for some random character, but even Star Wars has yet to have a generic character.

Re: PF Frodo NOT sold out!!!

gambit said:
We need to modify subject of this thread to

"Frodo still not Sold out"

anyone read the "A second look to Frodo PF" ??

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2853&source=032907news

Please LOTR fans, please buy Frodo and so SS can produce new LOTR PF's

If SS wants their product to sell, they shouldn't release items with just 'OK' sculpts. I was looking at my Frodo tonight and it really is amazing from the neck down. I'm not saying it's a bad face sculpt, there are certain points in the movies where Frodo has that expression and it looks like him. But it's far from a great sculpt and that is really what the main selling point on most items is.

Re: PF Frodo NOT sold out!!!

Darth Loki said:
If SS wants their product to sell, they shouldn't release items with just 'OK' sculpts. I was looking at my Frodo tonight and it really is amazing from the neck down.

Agreed. It's too good in so many ways to pass on, but it's also not "all that it could have been" simply because of the questionable likeness. Frodo is THE central character (I know some argue Sam), and I'm not sure we get two shots at a piece like this.

The Lurtz is universally regarded as PERFECT on the other hand.

Looking back to the start of the StarWars PF line, it also was slow to get its legs. The surprising time gap for a third announcement here is certainly not helping anything, but ignoring that, there are other similarities. The initial Luke was an absolutely classic pose, but again a questionable sculpt. Han was better, but not perfect either (at least in the shipped product). As the pantheon of characters grows though, and a few legitimate homeruns arrive at collector's doors (Obi, Leia, Grievous, Vader and Fett are all topnotch IMO), the line seems to have stabilized. Looking back now, as part of a larger collection, Luke seems essential to me, and the flaws of the likeness receed somewhat when he is part of an ensemble rather that a solo.

Back