PF Aragorn Base inscription?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I know this was already mentioned somewhat in the Aragorn PF thread, but I still think it's important to address this tiny mistake.

Aragorn's base now clearly reads: 'The Return of the King'

7159_press14-001.jpg

But it's quite obvious it should be 'The Fellowship of the Ring'.
This Aragorn is based on his appearance at Amon-Hen, it was the only time in the movies he would be in combat showing his grey elven shirt, even the base shows the Amon-Hen ruins and the description mentions it as well. Next to that, the pose tries to capture (imo) the moment just before Aragorn is about to hit the first wave of Uruk's.

I know it's probably all just a bunch of nagging, but I'd really appreciate it if SS would pick up on this mistake and make a great PF even better!:monkey5

This deffinitely needs putting right. Correct wording was one thing that Tolkien spent ages pondering over, it would be a shame to get something as elemental as this wrong.

Its most likely already fixed on the production pieces. That are going through the process right now.

I am not sure if I am correct, but watched ROTK EE again yesterday. In the scene that depicts Aragorn just before he killed Gothmorg off together with Gimil, that Aragorn does looks like the PF that is going to be released.

Yeah, I guess the pose is somewhat similar to that scene. But SS even mentions in the description that this Aragorn is from the Amon-Hen scene, and it's also the only time he wore this outfit in the trilogy.

Yeah, in ROTK he's using Anduril, has his leather surcoat and red inner shirt on, and has Boromir's vambrances. This depiction of Aragorn is only possible on Amon Hen.

I will throw in my two cents that I agree this needs to be corrected.

I really want to know how something like this gets overlooked at SS though. It's really kinda scarey.

I will throw in my two cents that I agree this needs to be corrected.

I really want to know how something like this gets overlooked at SS though. It's really kinda scarey.

Obviously because someone isn't doing their job.

Here is a direct quote from SS web page;

"The Aragorn Premium Format figure is a stunning 1:4 scale museum quality piece. Sword in hand, Aragorn stands 20 inches tall atop the display base, captured in the heat of the battle at Amon Hen."

With that being said, they should fix the error..... if they haven't caught it already.

Two possibilities IMO:

1) The uber-geeks at Sideshow somehow overlooked this most important detail when they themselves designed the base.

2) The &%$# at New Line demanded this base inscription.

I can't imagine it would be #1, and with the LOOOOOOOOOOONG process that is the PF approval -- I am beginning to not like NL too much. :emperor

Heaven forbid someone just made a mistake. Instead of someone just not doing their job.:rolleyes:

If someone's job at SS is to make sure these things are to be made accurately, then they aren't doing their job, at least not very well . This is hardly some minor detail [such as painting Saruman's eye's blue instead of dark brown] and it should have been caught : a]. well before the production piece was completed and b]. by someone at SS instead of someone on the Freaks Board. :rolleyes:

These things should get caught. Its just a mistake that will be fixed is what I was saying. Not someone just shirking their responsibilities.

These things should get caught. Its just a mistake that will be fixed is what I was saying. Not someone just shirking their responsibilities.

Hopefully SS hasn't already started production on the base. I'm sure they will correct the error, but I'd feel a whole lot better hearing that from SS.

Hopefully SS hasn't already started production on the base. I'm sure they will correct the error, but I'd feel a whole lot better hearing that from SS.

I'd be willing to bet it has been. I kind of doubt this type of mistake would go all the way through. The item doesn't even ship till Q3 which is months away.

i hope i get a 'return of the king' scribe before they correct it. love those rarities! :D

Whoever's responsibility it was should be tar and feathered and then drawn and quartered for such an oversight. :cuss If they are still kicking after that, a good walking of the plank would be in order!

Whoever's responsibility it was should be tar and feathered and then drawn and quartered for such an oversight. :cuss If they are still kicking after that, a good walking of the plank would be in order!

...don't forget to add a good flogging :lol

Back