Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at how Watchmen stuff sold and is selling, I don't see how any company could think making more would be a good idea.

Yeah, but look at some of HT recent releases announcements.
Platoon? Ghost Rider? As well as the limited releases for Demon Bats and Scarecrow.

Does anyone think that a limited edition Rorschach wouldn't sell out as well as Berenger from Platoon? There is a market there for these figures, just not as big as Batman etc.
IMO.

Ghost Rider character is popular and will be a one and done figure.

Seeing how much the Sideshow figures sell for, Platoon is popular.

Ghost Rider character is popular and will be a one and done figure.

Seeing how much the Sideshow figures sell for, Platoon is popular.

Yeah but it's Cage's Ghost Rider from a very unpopular movie?. I have it ordered by the way, so I'm not being negative about the release.
If that can sell, why not Rorschach?

Watchmen has a huge fanbase from both the graphic novel and the movie. And a Rorschach figure would be a lot easy to produce than GR.
They had already done some work on it.

I think the Berenger Platoon figure is great, but thats really a niche release from HT.

Maybe some day.
:dunno

Agree, i think Rorscach would sell well, even if he'd been the only release and hot toys hadnt bothered with Comedian or Silk Spectre II. I've said it a thousand times but i'm still just holding out hope that Hot Toys will release Rorscach, especially as there was that production picture. Then fingers crossed if Rorschach sells well, they might decide to do Nite Owl II aswell. Just having those four would make me happy. Then Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias would be icing on the cake.

Why do you think I skipped Jupiter and Comedian?

I didn't skip Comedian and Jupiter. They stand alone on my Watchmen detolf shelf. Waiting for their team mates who will probably never arrive. Anyone who knows Watchmen knows NightOwl II and Rorschach are the two most beloved and iconic characters. perhaps HT didn't understand this, but I think it was a planned marketing strategy which back-fired.

Nightowl II and Rorschach should have started the line, they are the fan favorites. Then the completists out there would have bought them all (I would). But HT got greedy. They seemed to think they would sell more of the lesser figures first. It back fired badly. And now we have two end of line figures, one poor, one excellent.

I used to think it was a done deal, now I still have a little hope, seeing the way HT have been going back to older licenses. Maybe someday we will get a Rorschach, and if that sells lots they could finish the line. Hey, I can dream!

With as piss poorly as Jupiter sold, HT will not come back. Additionally, I think you'll find a lot more fans of Comedian than Night Owl or Rorschach. He was the type of fallible hero that made Marvel what it is today. People prefer that over the cut and paste heroes that were and Night Owl and Rorschach. Both (though Rorschach is more violent) are just wannabe Batmans.

Comparing it to Ghost Rider is laughs. As EF said, Ghost Rider fits HT's model perfectly. They can dip their toe in the license, make GR and bail. That's their MO with smaller licenses after all.

With as piss poorly as Jupiter sold, HT will not come back. Additionally, I think you'll find a lot more fans of Comedian than Night Owl or Rorschach. He was the type of fallible hero that made Marvel what it is today. People prefer that over the cut and paste heroes that were and Night Owl and Rorschach. Both (though Rorschach is more violent) are just wannabe Batmans.

Comparing it to Ghost Rider is laughs. As EF said, Ghost Rider fits HT's model perfectly. They can dip their toe in the license, make GR and bail. That's their MO with smaller licenses after all.

Eh ..i don't agree with what you said about watchmen but i do agree on what you said about ghostrider..that's pretty much a one character license (edward scissorhands,300,Wolverine,clash of the titans) like you said hot toys can just dip there toe in license's like these between bigger license's from which come many figures.

You are completely wrong about Watchmen. I think you will find out there are a lot more fans of Niteowl and Rorschach. Maybe you should start a poll.

And I didn't compare the Watchmen release situation to Ghost Rider, it was only mentioned to highlight the fact that HT releases are sometimes quirky and left of field. Like Berenger Platoon. Perhaps read the post properly before dissing it?
Thanks.
:cuckoo:

You are completely wrong about Watchmen. I think you will find out there are a lot more fans of Niteowl and Rorschach. Maybe you should start a poll.

:exactly:

"I think you'll find a lot more fans of Comedian than Night Owl or Rorschach"

^^^That is just "your opinion"

Over the year's it has been very easy to see that Rorschach is the favourite from Watchmen ..so what if he is like batman:dunno, think of all the superheroes, there will always be characters who are similar.

And I didn't compare the Watchmen release situation to Ghost Rider, it was only mentioned to highlight the fact that HT releases are sometimes quirky and left of field. Like Berenger Platoon. Perhaps read the post properly before dissing it?
Thanks.

Your example was incorrect.

:exactly:

"I think you'll find a lot more fans of Comedian than Night Owl or Rorschach"

^^^That is just "your opinion"

Over the year's it has been very easy to see that Rorschach is the favourite from Watchmen ..so what if he is like batman:dunno, think of all the superheroes, there will always be characters who are similar.

Comic favorite don't translate to toy favorites and speculating that there are more Night Owl fans is just that, speculation. But let's look at sales. Looking at the DCD figures, Comedian sold a LOT better than Rorschach in both the 6" and 13" figures (TRU couldn't give away their 13" Rorschach) and I've no doubt that the same exact thing would've happened if HT had released him. Night Owl would've come close with crossover Batman fans, but Comedian would've easily outsold him too. That's not even getting into those who purchased Comedian for the Wolverine body either.

Nite Owl would have been a crossover hit with us Blue Beetle fans, too.

But that's not much of an audience. :lol

I think a HT Rorschach would have sold about as well as the Comedian. Unfortunately that wasn't well enough to justify continuing the line.

Your example was incorrect.

Comic favorite don't translate to toy favorites and speculating that there are more Night Owl fans is just that, speculation. But let's look at sales. Looking at the DCD figures, Comedian sold a LOT better than Rorschach in both the 6" and 13" figures (TRU couldn't give away their 13" Rorschach) and I've no doubt that the same exact thing would've happened if HT had released him. Night Owl would've come close with crossover Batman fans, but Comedian would've easily outsold him too. That's not even getting into those who purchased Comedian for the Wolverine body either.

Why are you comparing DCD to HT, thats a stupid thing to do.
Same as comparing the sales of Toyotas to Bentleys.

And if you are going to make statements like that, back them up please.
I know in Forbidden Planet the Rorschach & Niteowl figures were always sold out. The only figures left on the shelves were Spectre and Old Comedian.

Why are you comparing DCD to HT, thats a stupid thing to do.
Same as comparing the sales of Toyotas to Bentleys.

:slap
Are you seriously that dense? There was no comparison of DCD to HT. It was a comparison of character popularity among toys, which is completely relevant to the discussion. And we're not talking about old Comedian. :lol

You just referenced the sales of DCD Watchmen figures whilst discussing HT Watchmen releases?!?

Do you read your posts whilst typing Nam?
Or are you too busy dressing up as Rambo?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

Lets just move on buddy, I don't have the patience for childish pissing competitions.
:wave

watchmen-nightowl-1.jpg

Someday...

At least there is always the option to get Ror done by going down the custom route ....hot toys is our only chance at getting Night Owl, but it look's as if that ship has sailed:(

You just referenced the sales of DCD Watchmen figures whilst discussing HT Watchmen releases?!?

Do you read your posts whilst typing Nam?
Or are you too busy dressing up as Rambo?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

Lets just move on buddy, I don't have the patience for childish pissing competitions.
:wave

For determining character popularity. You can determine how successful a character's appeal will be by looking at merchandise sales across the board. It doesn't have to be a specific company's products. Companies do this all the time. I clarified that in the post. But apparently, judging by your comprehension skills and post content, you've yet to make it out of high school... if you've made it that far.

For determining character popularity. You can determine how successful a character's appeal will be by looking at merchandise sales across the board. It doesn't have to be a specific company's products. Companies do this all the time. I clarified that in the post. But apparently, judging by your comprehension skills and post content, you've yet to make it out of high school... if you've made it that far.

Wrong again Nam, are you ever anything else? School yard bully? Small _____? Whats your issue?
I'm a 40 year old professional, thanks very much. 1st class honors degree and a very well paid job in the feature film industry. You? oh yeah, you dress up as a soldier and sell air pistols. Now @$£@ the hell off and annoy someone else you ignorant red neck. You seem to think that by being loud and obnoxious, that somehow makes your opinion valid, I see you doing so in numerous threads, but you just come across as a fool.
:nana:

Back