Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see them finish the Watchmen line...but it would be nice if they would re-do both The Comedian and especially, Silk Spectre. I still can't find her complete and for a good price on ebay.

Watchmen is an underrated movie IMO. I think it was too obscure for mainstream audiences and ticked off a chunk of the purist fanboys who wanted to see giant space squids and a comic book inside a comic movie. I'd definitely get the line if Silk Spectre and Comedian were redone, especially considering how much 1:6 sculpts have improved since those were released. However I really can't see HT releasing a line of superhero figures from a relatively low performing movie. They have a full slate of Marvel, DC and Star Wars figures that would easily outsell these probable 20-to-1 if not 100-to-1. The better hope would be for another company like Star Ace to pick up the license. They have near HT quality at a lower price point, and it might not be too far of a stretch since they now have the 300 license. I think ACI also has a license for 300. I'd get Silk Spectre II, Comedian, Ozymandias, Doctor Manhattan, Rorschach, and Nite Owl. Would also be kind of cool to see a Minutemen line, but would likely need to go the custom route for that.

It was a bad adaptation and a confusing film.
Rorschach was the only good and fateful part of it, don't understand why HT haven't made a figure of him already.

Watchmen is an underrated movie IMO. I think it was too obscure for mainstream audiences and ticked off a chunk of the purist fanboys who wanted to see giant space squids and a comic book inside a comic movie. I'd definitely get the line if Silk Spectre and Comedian were redone, especially considering how much 1:6 sculpts have improved since those were released. However I really can't see HT releasing a line of superhero figures from a relatively low performing movie. They have a full slate of Marvel, DC and Star Wars figures that would easily outsell these probable 20-to-1 if not 100-to-1. The better hope would be for another company like Star Ace to pick up the license. They have near HT quality at a lower price point, and it might not be too far of a stretch since they now have the 300 license. I think ACI also has a license for 300. I'd get Silk Spectre II, Comedian, Ozymandias, Doctor Manhattan, Rorschach, and Nite Owl. Would also be kind of cool to see a Minutemen line, but would likely need to go the custom route for that.
Totally agree watchmen is my favorite movie I love it. Your totally right people watching that movie for first time as a movie will not get appreciate the true story. I will email over to star ace about. It's truly in terms of story one of the best stories I have seen ever written.

I have seen the custom rorschach's elvis does an amazing 1. Even like star ace or virtual toys aren't bad either

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I wonder if Blitzway would take the license, after seeing how nice that Fight Club fig looks. I'd be all for them making Rorschach and Nite Owl.

If anyone has a dc direct rorschach for sale def contact me

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I made one since we will probably never get one.

934130_10209011718709654_2501348624214442413_n.jpg
12439361_10209011718669653_8775353889573126840_n.jpg
12592535_10209011719149665_9062514359934386534_n.jpg

It wasn't confusing it was just silly especially the half hour love making scene..

This I can agree with........they were trying to make a point the Owl needed a reason to be a hero....and she was his reason...the excitement was what he needed to be a man .

After all he couldn't get it up without being Owl first...
At least visually it was nice to watch! :)

What kills that scene for me is the terrible music choice..

This I can agree with........they were trying to make a point the Owl needed a reason to be a hero....and she was his reason...the excitement was what he needed to be a man .

After all he couldn't get it up without being Owl first...
At least visually it was nice to watch! :)

What kills that scene for me is the terrible music choice..

yeah music was outta left field but great superhero sex scene- maybe the only true one done on film?

Back