Per LEGO, Disney is dropping the name "Slave 1".

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancel Culture strikes again.

Before we know it, "euphemisms" / "vulgar" words used to describe female and male anatomy (i.e. breasts, reproductive organs, etc.) too will be verboten and outlawed as cancel culture runs rampant.

When Gideon destroyed the Razor Crest I remember Fennec telling Fett "you better get to your ship." Can't remember how it was referred to after that.

In the first episode of Fett's new show a young Rose Tico is going to crash into the Slave 1 as Fett tries to take off. She immediately hops out of her ship after the crash, quickly douses the Slave 1 in gasoline, throws on a lit match and curses at Fett for hurtful language while fleeing the scene.

I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering how a ship's name can be so offensive that it needs to be erased...
I mean, if Slave I is offensive (being the ship of a villain), why do we have Inquisitors? Is that not offensive to the memory of all the non-catholics (and unrepentant catholics) who were tortured and murdered by the Inquisition?
It's just so amazingly idiotic...

This is temporary. Slave 1 will be back.

The cowardice of corporations never ceases to amaze.

I wonder what Disney would do with Harley Quinn if they had DC?

I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering how a ship's name can be so offensive that it needs to be erased...
I mean, if Slave I is offensive (being the ship of a villain), why do we have Inquisitors? Is that not offensive to the memory of all the non-catholics (and unrepentant catholics) who were tortured and murdered by the Inquisition?
It's just so amazingly idiotic...
Should the Empire be called the Empire anymore? Empires have done bad things in real life including enslaving people.

Suggestions for the new title of Empire Strikes Back please, starting now....

Hopefully it's nothing more than a merchandise packaging thing and it is still known as Slave 1 in-universe. Kind of how in Cap: The First Avenger they called HYDRA the "Nazi's Deep Science division" in the film's dialogue but were able to avoid the N-word on all the toys.

Hell there's even a Kenner precedent with them not mentioning "The Executor" by name on the toys:

Darth_Vaders_Star_Destroyer_Action_Playset.jpg

Should the Empire be called the Empire anymore? Empires have done bad things in real life including enslaving people.

Suggestions for the new title of Empire Strikes Back please, starting now....
Star Wars: The Misguided Individuals Retort

Ever heard of a slippery slope?

Yeah, this thread is full of that type of fallacy.

"Oh no, they changed the name of the Star Wars ship that never had its name uttered in film & television! This must mean they'll go after The Green Goblin character next!"

:ROFLMAO:

This thread is something else...

Back