Paranormal Activity... interesting...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5b6vf6.jpg

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the film. Only just saw the trailer, but bloodydisgusting.com has given it a very good review. As with all docu-style films it depends on the execution. Diary of the dead tried to add a cinematic feel with the docu-style and imho that was part of it's downfall. REC on the other kept it real and visceral until the final terrifying last minutes.

Just hope it doesn't get hyped to death.

So you're saying that they DIDN'T have a screening of this fictional film?
They never implied that the Paranormal Activity is real.

Sure they had a screening. I don't doubt that. I am just saying that this whole thing seems just like Blair Witch to me. That is not a good thing IMO. If the studio thought this movie was worth a damn they would have just released it. But as we both can agree the marketing is excellent. They are following to a tee Blair Witches marketing. Release the movie, create buzz, release it in a little bit more theaters, then bam! Everyone has to see this sub par movie. I am just saying that I won't fall for it.

Looks like it has potential...There will probably have a couple of scary scene...

But if you think ghosts or god are real, you are pretty dumb IMO.

Sure they had a screening. I don't doubt that. I am just saying that this whole thing seems just like Blair Witch to me. That is not a good thing IMO. If the studio thought this movie was worth a damn they would have just released it. But as we both can agree the marketing is excellent. They are following to a tee Blair Witches marketing. Release the movie, create buzz, release it in a little bit more theaters, then bam! Everyone has to see this sub par movie. I am just saying that I won't fall for it.
They do the limited release thing with a LOT of movies. Just off the top of my head, Juno, The Hurt Locker, Moon, Pan's Labyrinth. All excellent movies, all release in a very limited theaters and slowly released to other theaters, it is not something they did for Blair Witch alone.

I will probably see this but like Blair Witch it will probably end up being all hype.

It's funny how some people don't like Blair Witch simply because its marketing. I have a friend who hates it because he feels duped that it wasn't real. He refuses to ever watch it again. :lol

It's funny how some people don't like Blair Witch simply because its marketing. I have a friend who hates it because he feels duped that it wasn't real. He refuses to ever watch it again. :lol

I didn't like it because it wasn't scary.

I enjoyed it. I wasn't terrified, but I thought it was creepy. It was very well done for an independent movie made on a small budget. I certainly didn't go in expecting it to be a true story, but I definitely appreciate it for what it is.

:lecture
It was supposed to be the scariest movie ever. :rolleyes: I know now that when any movie says it is more frightening than "The Exorcist" it's not even close. LOL!

Then the poor town of burkettsville had to deal with all of those drunken teen idiots out searching for the Blair Witch. LOL!

Back