Paint Flaking on Sabretooth LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my Sabretooth LSB thanks to this thread and it has a 2 inch long crack in the paint :monkey4. it doesn't seem to be peeling yet but the crack wasn't there when I bought it as I check every item I buy so if there is any problems I can return them. I am going to have to check all 17 of my LSB's to see if any other ones have started peeling or cracking. Thanks for starting the thread and pointing this out and it might be a good idea for anyone else with one to check there's out also.

cheers

Sorry to hear about your issue chris. That really sucks

IMO Sideshow should say something about the matter if they don't want everybody to think the same as you both

Yea I was just about to get into the bust collecting line, I'm going to start with some well known 1:1 grails but as far as LSB's if I don't hear about them doin something to improve this or if they don't state out what was the cause of this and that they've found a solution, I would imagine that they will lose a substantial part of the market.

Yea I was just about to get into the bust collecting line, I'm going to start with some well known 1:1 grails but as far as LSB's if I don't hear about them doin something to improve this or if they don't state out what was the cause of this and that they've found a solution, I would imagine that they will lose a substantial part of the market.

I suppose they are Marvel related?

I was also considering buying Sabretooth, but unfortunately I'll have to wait to the PF...oh well :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think many are of the mind that they wouldn't spend ANY money much less a lot of money on a product that had a paint job that won't last. I'm one of them. There is a 30 day return for items people buy directly from Sideshow. I don't know what could be worked out with Sideshow after that. In either case, the first and most important step is to report any paint problems to Sideshow no matter when a collector discovers it. The point I was trying to make earlier is that too many people may be suffering in silence once they find a problem. If a problem is widespread enough you never know how SS might help those with a problem even after the 30 day period expires. Any kind of remedy first requires informing them. Informing SS is also important to avoid all future paint problems. This paint problem is likely one that can be quickly correctled, if they haven't already done so, once they learn of it. Lastly, I think it would help to have people email Sideshow to ask them to monitor this board for threads that deal with problems with their products. I don't think they want to learn of a widespread problem by discovering it was the reason for widespread cancellations. Its in their interest and ours to maintain quality.

yup. My Sabertooth LSB is cracking and peeling as well. Gonna e-mails sideshow now. I will say though that Sabertooth had a different feel/texture since the day I got it. Couldnt put my finger on it..but it seemed different. ALL of my other busts seem to be fine. :banghead

Sideshow has been e-mailed about the issue! I urge everyone to do the same. I have always praised Sideshow's customer service and I would like to think that they will take care of something like this with a recall or some form of compensation for those of us that bought direct. I must say though...if they do nothing my Sideshow collecting days are done.

Still...from the day Sabertooth hit the collectors shelves people have questioned it for being different....so hopefully its this difference that lead to paint issues.

Edit: Can anyone tell me what is UNDER the paint? Mine isnt flaked off completely yet, but in the pictures it looks like freakin styrofoam. Its probably just the picture and its white polystone...but as light as this thing is...and it feels almost "softer" then other busts.

i have to check mine now, i'm in agreement with you that ssc should be doing something for these faulty pieces imo. after all it's not this is only happening to a few random pieces, it's happening all over the place.

i have to check mine now, i'm in agreement with you that ssc should be doing something for these faulty pieces imo. after all it's not this is only happening to a few random pieces, it's happening all over the place.

Yeah, I said right in the e-mail to them that it made me question future purchases. If they take care of this then there is no concern because if it happens again you assume they will take responsibility. And as you say, if this were an isolated thing because a collector like to display the piece in the middle of the desert during a sandstorm thats one thing..but this wide spread is thier fault.

i just checked my Darkness LSB and all is fine, but I did have to send the first one I got back because of pealing paint.

I cancelled my midnight darkness order this morning. Maybe being paranoid, but I didn't want to risk it.

I took my sabretooth bust out last night and it seems fine, but I touched the areas where others are having peeling paint and it does seem "odd.". Can't put my finger on it, but to the touch it seems like not stuck well to base, but maybe just me being paranoid again.

Man this is terrible I really do feel for the peeps with a messed up bust, I hope Sideshow does take care of them...

Back