Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acrylic? Love to fix mine as well.

message SS and let them know about it. They will probably give you a small discount for the trouble and should be able to tell you which paint was used to save you a little hassle when it comes to matching colours.

rdelgado ...yes, Acryl. :wink1:

You probably right Python ;) ...but I didn't want to wait, so I fixed a lot of things on mine yesterday. :)

Fixed the part that needed to be fixed (like the missing color on the hand/rock, and under his head) and gave the overall figure a new make-up touch
...not a re-paint, but toned down the color a little (hard to explain). :lol

27062014933.jpg~original

27062014878.jpg~original

27062014920.jpg~original

27062014890.jpg~original

:D

Geez, these look amazing, but by the time I'm able to afford them and get room for them they'll have been sold out for like five years

I didn't realise his eyes lit up, if I had one complaint about the Knifehead it is that his don't, lit eyes would have added a lot despite how cool it is without. I am actually considering the Slattern now...

You probably right Python ;) ...but I didn't want to wait, so I fixed a lot of things on mine yesterday. :)

Fixed the part that needed to be fixed (like the missing color on the hand/rock, and under his head) and gave the overall figure a new make-up touch

27062014933.jpg~original

Well this confirms for me that the neca 18" gipsy looks pretty lame next to the ssc statues. Darn... Guess I'll be buying the ssc gispy statue after all.

27062014933.jpg~original

27062014878.jpg~original

27062014920.jpg~original

27062014890.jpg~original

Wow wanna sell me yours and get yourself another one? lol :D

So are the paint issues on them all? The hand/rock part i can probably fix up but the neck paint snot matching up really bothers me, are they all like this?

Not a lot of decent pics around for this it seems?

He does seem really undersized though which bugs me most, he's supposed to be 596 feet compared to Knifeheads 315 feet and Knife head just looks beast in comparison. Wondering if the Jaegers are gonna be scaled to Knifehead or to Slattern....

I think if you could unravel him he would be much longer than Knifehead. It's hard to tell for me, the Slattern is a bigger statue than the already very large Knifehead so it wouldn't worry me too much.

Just got my Slattern statue tonight.

Crazy no one else has posted in this thread for almost 3 weeks. Must not be many people getting this statue...

And I can kind of see why. I love the sculpt, but the paint is really underwhelming. Little sloppy in some place, but mostly it's not a matter of QC, it's just too light. and tan. I guess it's also tough because we never see Slattern outside of water in the film, so he seems like he she be darker.

To be honest, it's the first statue I've had from sideshow that I'm not really wowed by. I think I'll keep it, but we'll see. I didn't get it through sideshow, so I may be stuck with it unless I sell it myself, but I also need to try it out in a few different places for display. The right spot can make all the difference. Right now it's just in the middle of the dining table.

QC wise, there seems to be an annoying issue with where the tail pegs into the base. There looks like there is an extra piece of molding on the top portion and a small bit chipped off the bottom portion, so it doesn't sit flush, which also causes the hand on the rock to sit less than flush. I'll post pics eventually, just not in the mood to deal with it right now :)

That's too bad. Sorry you're not feeling 100% about it.

Looking forward to those pics once you find a good spot for him.

Thanks for the info SurlyJ. It's weird more people haven't been giving feedback on what looks like an awesome piece. I should have mine in a couple of weeks ..hoping it'll be able to hold it's own against Knifehead which I thought was one of Sideshows best 'creatures' for a long time. Any pics you have would be great!

Couple quick and dirty pics

Slattern looks MUCH better when he is above eye level, which seems to be a trend I'm noticing with many of my statues lately.

800B764F-46C5-4667-AA71-CCA48CE4C294_zpspb5uiea4.jpg

AB56842B-EE9D-4DE5-ABC0-C7796D65B529_zpsm1dk6l3z.jpg

looking good from that angle as you say, I'm just waiting for the piece to arrive to my LCS, they told me they it wold be here a month ago...

Couple quick and dirty pics

Slattern looks MUCH better when he is above eye level, which seems to be a trend I'm noticing with many of my statues lately.

View attachment 122649

View attachment 122650

Agreed. Even with the new Godzilla maquette now on display at SDCC, it appears to have a much better presentation when viewing it slightly above eye level.

Back