Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I hoped, these guys look great together, their fighting stances complimenting each other beautifully (though, to be honest, I prefer looking at Knifehead from his other side). Nice to see that they've added a last-minute light-up feature for S after all, even if it's way dimmer than KH's (which had that cool sea base to work with). Apparently it's just Slattern's relatively small mouth, and eyes, perhaps, that are illuminated?

Light up is a nice perk, but it's not really necessary for me. Excited to get this. Please please please let them make Otachi!

What makes you think that? I love my knifehead, I think everybody that actually has one does. SS Alex said there were only 50 left when I ordered mine, although there is now low stock notice. As we all know however, those notices cannot be trusted of late anyway. Knifehead is Awesome! I'd love to see a couple more.

Most of the complaining I've seen has been from people who didn't order it about the size which simply isn't fair... these are bigger than people think they are.

"Will Ihu" just posted some photos on fb about a problem he has with his slattern, bad paint app, now I´m a little worried :gah:

10460134_10201150694209447_7346314336012113355_n.jpg

10371380_10201150696329500_5054416199045422017_n.jpg

lol that eye looks terrible.

I don't think the Pacific Rim license has been marketed or handled well at all post film release. A real shame because it has huge potential. No one making any Otachi merch is a big reason for that too. It's the star Kaiju of the friggin movie, the coolest and most interesting one and still not one damn collectible of any kind after all this time. Nothing even announced. It boggles the mind. People were not given what they wanted at the outset, so interest has died down.

I don't know why anyone would complain about the size of these statues though... I saw them all at SDCC last year and they were plenty imposing in size.

My Slattern statue is shipping tomorrow. :yess:

I wouldn't mind a Otachi statue. :panic:

Yeah he's a cool looking Kaiju, I'd like a Leatherback and Karloff as well, I like this line so far. Hopefully some early problems with this guy are isolated incidents. I look forward to seeing some decent pictures of the Slattern in hand...

I REALLY hope this was a isolated incident, I had REALLY high hopes for this one. I wish they made the blue in the paint job more vibrant, it is hard to see in the strong light. The proto pictures are what sold me on this one, but I knew in the back of my mind it was gonna be a tough one to replicate.

Someone posted on fb more photos showing the same issues. I´m getting this statue anyways but I´m so pissed about the paint app, I don'e know how SS allowed such a sloppy paint app to happen, makes me worry about Gipsy and Striker...

Ok so I was worried about this guy after those pics. However, Slattern has arrived and looks fantastic! I will say though that the hand that is grabbing the rock has the top piece of the rock attached to the hand and its painted the same color as Slattern. It took me a while to notice, and it doesn't really stand out so I'm not too bummed out about it. The actual paint apps on Slattern look super though. Will try my best to get some pics up later.

Ok so I was worried about this guy after those pics. However, Slattern has arrived and looks fantastic! I will say though that the hand that is grabbing the rock has the top piece of the rock attached to the hand and its painted the same color as Slattern. It took me a while to notice, and it doesn't really stand out so I'm not too bummed out about it. The actual paint apps on Slattern look super though. Will try my best to get some pics up later.

Awesome, looking forward to those pics and Congratz!!!

Here is a couple of quick pics. Will put some better ones up hopefully this weekend.

If anybody see's something that I missed please point it out. Overall really happy with piece, and can't wait for Striker Eureka.

I like it. I think people may not take to it as much just because the coloration is so much lighter than we ever see in the movie, as Slattern is only seen underwater and in pretty dim lighting. I really love the pose though!

He's a handsome mother****er compared to that ugly Knife-head, which I ended loving once I got it lol. Cant wait to get Slattern, lets pray that this line sells decently well and maybe with a movie sequel announcement we could get more Kaijus and Jaegers done by ss, man I would kill for a Cherno statue, so badass...meanwhile I hope they do some justice to the great weathered look gipsy has:

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 1.33.34 PM.jpg

got word from fanboycollectibles that mine arrived but had a defective light feature in the base, so waiting for him to replace it first, should have it in 2 weeks.

Back