Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#159 EX in the house and I love it. The pics don't do justice to how massive this guy is. Simply Epic!

The Ex head is the win, but I didn't think the teeth on my Reg were all that bad. I won't display it anyway so back in the box it went.

I do have tiny paint chips missing here and there. Makes me wonder how they manage it? I can touch them up easily enough, but I shouldn't have to.

...and that base. I spent ten minutes scratching my head trying to work out where that plate goes and I still don't think I've got it right.

Here's my Hulk EX with some comparison shots with Apocalypse and the recent Captain America. It's an amazing piece and stands out in the collection. He did not come without issue though...

I noticed a sticky residue on the body. Upon closer inspection it seemed to be covering a damaged spot. There is a vertical crack that seemingly stems from the original damaged spot. I don't know if the substance was used to try to repair damage or if it's purely coincidence it's where the crack happens to be.

Here's my Hulk EX with some comparison shots with Apocalypse and the recent Captain America. It's an amazing piece and stands out in the collection. He did not come without issue though...

I noticed a sticky residue on the body. Upon closer inspection it seemed to be covering a damaged spot. There is a vertical crack that seemingly stems from the original damaged spot. I don't know if the substance was used to try to repair damage or if it's purely coincidence it's where the crack happens to be.

Mine had the same residue and I noticed a longer faint line that went against the grain of the rest of the texture lines. However it looks properly painted over. Looks like the same spot too. I would definitely contact SS.

Those crack lines are not acceptable. It clearly shows some damage that has been fixed. Maybe the eggshell was too hollow so it cracked in production? So it was a splat of glue gloss to keep it from cracking more? Seems like serveral of these has been noticed now. Hope it not a mass production issue. If I get one like that it's going back if they have no replacements. Hope they will prove me wrong. For the rising money on these it needs to be better.

For those that know me and my anticipation for the release I have been highly anticipating the green hulk PF. In the past 13 days I have been quietly admiring everyones pics while having received mine over a week ago and have not been active in the thread because I have been in contact with SS. Mine come with a few issues, my regular head had black paint on the teeth and not minor but quite dramatic and obvious. The second issue I have white chips all over the body (7). I got the we don't have a better body for you response and am offered no credit. They offered a replacement head. I love the statue and I agree that the head color thing is only apparent with flash photography as for the seam my seam is obvious but as someone pointed out (which I realized last week) its how the head sits in with the magnet and adjusted can completely remove the seam. The base is just amazing the HB parts, the hand, pipes, etc. all look great and I may order the arc reactor for the hand HOWEVER. I am actually considering getting a full refund because the chips are visible at almost every angle. Someone said they can touch it up easily enough and if that is true I would appreciate some guidance. If its easy I will keep the statue but if not I cant I say I CAN NOT keep a statue I spent over 500 on thats has paint chips on its chest neck arm back shoulder. I am still pretty pissed. :gah:

Im actually fine with delays but why word it that way? Makes zero sense...

My point is........

People were complaining about waiting until Dec...

I just remember that......

Red Hulk got released and it took forever for Green Hulk to come out.

I thought that after we got green Hulk we might have to wait forever for grey.

Now we find out we are getting grey within the next three months.

Sounds pretty good to me.

For those that know me and my anticipation for the release I have been highly anticipating the green hulk PF. In the past 13 days I have been quietly admiring everyones pics while having received mine over a week ago and have not been active in the thread because I have been in contact with SS. Mine come with a few issues, my regular head had black paint on the teeth and not minor but quite dramatic and obvious. The second issue I have white chips all over the body (7). I got the we don't have a better body for you response and am offered no credit. They offered a replacement head. I love the statue and I agree that the head color thing is only apparent with flash photography as for the seam my seam is obvious but as someone pointed out (which I realized last week) its how the head sits in with the magnet and adjusted can completely remove the seam. The base is just amazing the HB parts, the hand, pipes, etc. all look great and I may order the arc reactor for the hand HOWEVER. I am actually considering getting a full refund because the chips are visible at almost every angle. Someone said they can touch it up easily enough and if that is true I would appreciate some guidance. If its easy I will keep the statue but if not I cant I say I CAN NOT keep a statue I spent over 500 on thats has paint chips on its chest neck arm back shoulder. I am still pretty pissed. :gah:

That sucks!!!

Post some pics and people here might be able to help you better.

Wow, sorry man to hear about your issues.

Mine didn't arrive their warehouse yet, and I was so excited to get it, but after all of these random issues I'm seriously thinking about canceling.

I want to be excited when the box arrive, not nervous and anxious :/

My point is........

People were complaining about waiting until Dec...

I just remember that......

Red Hulk got released and it took forever for Green Hulk to come out.

I thought that after we got green Hulk we might have to wait forever for grey.

Now we find out we are getting grey within the next three months.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Yea I get that. I'm not upset about December at all. I'm just saying why send an email that says "earlier" when it's clearly not in the email wording?!? I guess I'll chalk it up to no one actually prof reading these emails. My guess is even SSC thought this would get delayed til feb or March and didn't realize the dates were still listed as oct-nov.

Re: Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Send me pics of the chips. I'll see if I can walk you through it.

I'm sorry to hear that koopa. I'm still waiting to hear back on mine. A little worried now.

Sux Koop, cant believe they won't replace it... Chips must have been a part of the intended design :mad:

Hope its fixable, would really suck if you have to send it back

Thanks guys, Here are a few pics IMG_1842.jpgIMG_1846.jpgIMG_1841.jpg.

Holy crud those teeth look like garbage. It looks like he's been chewing on garbage. Did they really come that screwed up and black???

Holy crud those teeth look like garbage. It looks like he's been chewing on garbage. Did they really come that screwed up and black???

Yes, no matter how many times i asked tis hulk head to compost my garbage it just kept scowling at me.

Hey Koopa,

I was going to just PM you but I know there's probably more people here that might have chips and may want to keep this beast of a statue so I'm going to go through how to repair these tiny paint scrapes or chips.

You will need to be a bit steady but over all this should be easy. Also, if you're afraid of being messy cover any part of the statue you think you might get paint on with saran wrap and that should protect it from possible drips or mishandling of the paint.

You'll need three things:
1. A detail Paint brush, preferably a round brush.
2. Airbrush or Artist Acrylic Paint
3. A Matte top coat or finish, preferably in an aerosol can.

You can get detail brushes from just about any hobby/craft/art store. They're very tiny and are great for these small jobs or, as their name says, detail work. I prefer Aqualon Detail brushes but a set of 10 will cost you $20, and since this may or may not be the only time you use it, just find one that works for you.

You can buy airbrush acrylics, however for 2oz you're looking at $5-$6 per bottle and to be honest SoHo artist acrylic will work just fine and it's about $2.50 per small bottle.

The Matte coat, I prefer Krylon, but most will work just fine, and you won't be spraying that much.

Since your chips are on different parts of the statue you'll need to color match more than once. I recommend you get three to four colors of paint, you'll want an even green, in other words the closest thing they paint you chose to a regular green color. You'll need a dark brown and/or black, I recommend getting both. You'll also need a bright yellow.

What you should do is take a popsicle stick or tooth pick, or even a q-tip and use the black/brown to darken the green for dark areas and the yellow to lighten the green for light areas. I recommend doing this on a sheet of paper, and then holding up the color you've missed next to the statue to make sure you get the color correct. Repeat this step each time you come across a new shade of green, that way it'll blend and you won't even notice it.

Once you have your color correct you'll just take your brush dip it in, wipe the off any major excess and gentle dab at the chipped area until it blends in with the statue. Acrylic dries very quickly but after you've finished patching your chipped areas I recommend giving it an hour to set.

After your paint has dried, you'll take the matte coat and, this is important - Shake the hell out of it - if you do not shake the matte coat, and shake it before each time you spray, it can, and will leave a white film over your statue and ruin it. Try to spray an even, light coat on each area you painted, and remember to shake each time before you spray.

This will dry and set in about 2 hours.

And that's it. Once your matte dries you should have a perfect Hulk. unwrap all the areas and display him proudly like the beast he is!

If anyone is afraid to try all I said here, you can always send it to anyone of the painters, yes this is shameless self promotion, in the customs area, but remember it can be expensive.

Back