OSCARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heath Ledger won't die again?

No, that's very unlikely.

As for Oscar nominations for acting in comic book/graphic novel based movies, William Hurt was nominated for supporting actor for "History of Violence" and Paul Newman was nominated for supporting actor for "Road to Perdition."

I liked how they gave short speeches from five former winners and all, but I wish they had showed some clips of the performances. I think there could have been so many great ones to choose from of Heath in TDK.

Which is more of a stretch? - Sean Penn (who is married to Princess Buttercup) playing a gay politician from the '70s or Mickey Rourke playing a lonely, broken down guy who's hooked on drugs? I thought Rourke did a good job in the Wrestler, but he was essentially playing himself. The greater acting job was Penn.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Very well out Dave.

Heath Ledger won't die again?

No, that's very unlikely.

As for Oscar nominations for acting in comic book/graphic novel based movies, William Hurt was nominated for supporting actor for "History of Violence" and Paul Newman was nominated for supporting actor for "Road to Perdition."

:rolleyes:
Allow me to rephrase: No mainstream comicbook movies featuring "costumed" characters will get its foot in the door of the Academies acting categories.
Only the most die hard graphic novel fans wouldve been aware of "History" and "Perditions" origins.

Which is more of a stretch? - Sean Penn (who is married to Princess Buttercup) playing a gay politician from the '70s or Mickey Rourke playing a lonely, broken down guy who's hooked on drugs? I thought Rourke did a good job in the Wrestler, but he was essentially playing himself. The greater acting job was Penn.

Langella did the better job. He made Nixon seem sympathetic, and we all know the the academy wont reward that obvious "lie".:lol

I thought Langelle's Nixon was too cartoony. Of all the canidates he was the one I wanted to lose the most.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Not many girls can climb the pole.":lol:lol:lol
What could have been. That said, Penn was damn good in Milk.
Best ^^^^in' acceptance speech EVER! :rock :clap

HE DID go full retard which is why he didn't win. :lecture :lecture

Well Kirk Lazaurs would disagree. :D
Never_go_full_retard.jpg

:lol

I can't help but feel Mickey Rourke's previous speeches cost him the oscar.
As for Milk, what a bunch of hypocrites. They cheer and clap for gay rights but an open gay actor never landed that role, and if he had, would have been up for an oscar? And how many open gay actors get straight roles in Hollywood ?

For me the only redeeming moment of the evening was when Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor. If not for that the only thing I would have come away from the evening with was the knowledge that Wolverine is a fancy man.

Langella did the better job. He made Nixon seem sympathetic, and we all know the the academy wont reward that obvious "lie".:lol

Langella would have gotten my vote, just because I thought there was a lot of subtlety in the performance. I didn't think he was cartoony at all. Langella said during the red carpet that he spoke with Hopkins this week and they agreed that there was a lot more to the man than his public persona would imply.

Why didn't Hopkins do the nomination of Langella? It was a bit awkward for Michael Douglas to say that Langella's was the best rendition of the character with Hopkins standing right next to him.

Langella would have gotten my vote, just because I thought there was a lot of subtlety in the performance. I didn't think he was cartoony at all. Langella said during the red carpet that he spoke with Hopkins this week and they agreed that there was a lot more to the man than his public persona would imply.

Why didn't Hopkins do the nomination of Langella? It was a bit awkward for Michael Douglas to say that Langella's was the best rendition of the character with Hopkins standing right next to him.

It would have been better if Hopkins had then turned to Douglas and said "^^^^ you Michael."

Hugh Jackman is the man.
Getting up in front of millions especially your peers and pulling of those song and dance routines takes a big pair, and yet he can pull off being Wolverine.
He always comes off as a nice,funny approachable guy in interviews.
I kept thinking that guy should be Bond.

As for Penn:moon
Saw that win coming down Main st., Hollyweird is so predictable nowadays.

And he married someone 13 years older than him!! Gotta love him for that too! :)

I was cracking up when he was doing the Reader dance and he was all "I should have seen the Reader..."

And of course

"I AM WOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back