OSCARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was one of the better Oscar shows for sure. It actually kept my interest for the entire thing. Funny to say, I did not see not one movie that was nominated except for Dark Knight and Iron Man.

Also, does anyone know here what Jerry Lewis is suffering from? When he came out on stage, he looked like some hobbled old man barely shuffling to claim his Oscar. To add he looked a bit hunched back.

They really need to make the show shorter. It's just too long and drawn out. I watched up til Ledger winning, but after that I lost interest. I knew Slumdog would win, and I figured Winslet since she had been nominated five times, and I figured Penn/Rourke..so the suspense wasn't enough to hold my attention...

The video montages are worthless, and the technical categories need to go to a daytime function preceding the ceremony, where they give the results to you over the commercial break.

I thought the first number with Jackman on the Best Pic medley was brilliant...but the second musical number was when I had to change the channel...it was pretty bad.

Jackman is a really talented guy: The guy can sing and dance like a Disney character, and yet play the biggest, hairiest badass in comics. As much as I'm getting used to Craig as Bond, and enjoying his films, it would be great if Eon would cast Jackman as 007 after Craig is done. Sure, they're about the same age, but it would work in this adjusted continuity, just like when the older (but younger looking) Moore took over from Connery.

good show overall, I quite like the 5 previous winners presenting the nominies since they kinda give a reason why they were nominaded. especially helpful since I didn't watch most of the nominated films this year, it gives me something to appreciate their acting.

guys !! did you see at the end of the oscars they showed the movies comming for 2009 ?

they showed ENDOSKELLETON getting build.

It was sick !!

The clip I was glad to see was from Bale's other film, Public Enemies. Depp, Bale and Michael Mann. I can't wait for that.

good show overall, I quite like the 5 previous winners presenting the nominies since they kinda give a reason why they were nominaded. especially helpful since I didn't watch most of the nominated films this year, it gives me something to appreciate their acting.

I didn't like the random previous winners thing. It just seemed forced and awkward, except Walken, because he always seems forced and awkward, which is why he is awesome.:lol

I thought Ben Stiller was the funniest part of last night. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZTBq_wtC_MY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZTBq_wtC_MY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought Ben Stiller was the funniest part of last night. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pflgMxxBPuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pflgMxxBPuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I lost it when he wandered off and started staring at the screen showing the clips of the nominees.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I thought it was a good show last night.

I couldn't get into the past winners announcing the new nominees......they all looked so uncomfortable - I liked seeing clips of what they were nominated for and wish they would have kept that in.

I thought it was a good show last night.

I couldn't get into the past winners announcing the new nominees......they all looked so uncomfortable - I liked seeing clips of what they were nominated for and wish they would have kept that in.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Except for Walken. He should host next year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Not many girls can climb the pole.":lol:lol:lol
What could have been. That said, Penn was damn good in Milk.

Hugh Jackman is the man.
Getting up in front of millions especially your peers and pulling of those song and dance routines takes a big pair, and yet he can pull off being Wolverine.
He always comes off as a nice,funny approachable guy in interviews.
I kept thinking that guy should be Bond.

As for Penn:moon
Saw that win coming down Main st., Hollyweird is so predictable nowadays.

Well , I ^^^^ing can't stand him. :mad: Mickey Rourke should have won in my opinion. What a damn shame.

Mickey got robbed...I agree Sean Penn is the most overrated overacting thespian in the World...his acting range consist of making whiny faces, just watch My name is Sam, that's all you need to see and you'll ever see in a Sean Penn movie.

Penn romps with first prize again with gay themed movie, the Academy should stop this crap of using the Oscar as a political statement...How convenient is this win that the chic issue of the day is the gay marriage ban in California.:duh

Hugh Jackman is the man.
Getting up in front of millions especially your peers and pulling of those song and dance routines takes a big pair, and yet he can pull off being Wolverine.
He always comes off as a nice,funny approachable guy in interviews.
I kept thinking that guy should be Bond.

As for Penn:moon
Saw that win coming down Main st., Hollyweird is so predictable nowadays.

Well considering a large majority of men in the movie business are gay, I'm also not surprised that they voted for Penn. I've always liked him as an actor....his off screen persona can be a bit much....but for acting...he's got talent.

Mickey got robbed...I agree Sean Penn is the most overrated overacting thespian in the World...his acting range consist of making whiny faces, just watch My name is Sam, that's all you need to see and you'll ever see in a Sean Penn movie.

Penn romps with first prize again with gay themed movie, the Academy should stop this crap of using the Oscar as a political statement...How convenient is this win that the chic issue of the day is the gay marriage ban in California.:duh

It was I am Sam. He deserved that nomination too since he didn't go full retard.:lol

They also seem to like anything that has to do with the holocaust.

Back