Optibotimus Reviews: SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the compliments.

haha as i said before, my "hand gestures" are apart of who i am. When i'm really excited about something, i express it in my hands. It isn't something at 35 years of age and 6 years of doing toy reviews, that's going to go away lol sorry

:peace we all have our idiocyncrasies. Great honest review of the product btw. Keep up the great work:hi5:.

Hey you could always get a symphony conductor's baton as a prop--now that would be killer.

Yeah, lack of language is awesome....definitely able to reach more audience that way

Dude easy solution for the hands: Wear blue gloves, then cg them out later....everyone wins!!!

Yeah, lack of language is awesome....definitely able to reach more audience that way

Dude easy solution for the hands: Wear blue gloves, then cg them out later....everyone wins!!!

The way i do things now is pretty successful. I don't think i need to change anything for the extraordinarily minor group of people that can't seem to stay focused on a toy review just because of my hands :p

Thank you for the compliments.

haha as i said before, my "hand gestures" are apart of who i am. When i'm really excited about something, i express it in my hands. It isn't something at 35 years of age and 6 years of doing toy reviews, that's going to go away lol sorry

i dont understand this sentiment. the feedback is simply constructive. are you saying its not worth addressing or you dont have the self discipline to control it? you need to remember your audience's POV. we are looking at a video and your hands are flailing in our faces. its very distracting. if you want to be considered a "pro" maybe you aught to consider developing some professional disciplines for the 15 minutes your audience is trying to focus on the figure. also, you can just say im 35 and i cant change now. just my thoughts. either way, those baggy pants are a total failure for $250.

Personally I like the hand gestures. To me it adds a bit of personality to the review and is sort of like a trademark for Optibotimus. Disagree that the audience has any right to tell the reviewer how they should conduct it. He's not a noob seeking advice on his presentation. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.

In regards to the pants, really I think they look fine. Looks much better than the prototype and is something that can be easily futzed. Plus, it allows for poses like a kneeling Darth Vader that would be impossible if they made his suit super tight. Overall I think it's a good compromise.

i dont understand this sentiment. the feedback is simply constructive. are you saying its not worth addressing or you dont have the self discipline to control it? you need to remember your audience's POV. we are looking at a video and your hands are flailing in our faces. its very distracting. if you want to be considered a "pro" maybe you aught to consider developing some professional disciplines for the 15 minutes your audience is trying to focus on the figure. also, you can just say im 35 and i cant change now. just my thoughts. either way, those baggy pants are a total failure for $250.

lol i don't consider myself a "professional" that might be your problem, not mine. And your criticism isn't constructive whatsoever, it's destructive. Essentially "attacking" how i do my stuff to make me change it. I appreciate feedback. When it's relevant. And i often will use it if it is constructive and encourages me to try new things. I have a certain style that has gotten me where i am today. If you like it, great. Subscribe and watch more. If not, no one makes you watch my videos. At the end of the day, i have to be happy with the content i put out. And i'm happy with what i did in this video. If you do not like that, i respect that and would encourage you to find someone that is more to your liking.

As for the pants, they really aren't baggy. As i explained in the video, they bunch up because of the boots. When the boots aren't on, you can straighten them perfectly fine and they aren't baggy at that point.

Disagree that the audience has any right to tell the reviewer how they should conduct it. He's not a noob seeking advice on his presentation.

when you are going to post videos online, you better expect critics. thats part of the deal going in. you know its going to happen. if you cant handle it, dont post videos for the world. robert deniero isnt a noob seeking advice, but every single movie he and every other actor are in, gets it whether they want it or not.

Personally I like the hand gestures. To me it adds a bit of personality to the review and is sort of like a trademark for Optibotimus. Disagree that the audience has any right to tell the reviewer how they should conduct it. He's not a noob seeking advice on his presentation. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.

In regards to the pants, really I think they look fine. Looks much better than the prototype and is something that can be easily futzed. Plus, it allows for poses like a kneeling Darth Vader that would be impossible if they made his suit super tight. Overall I think it's a good compromise.

haha i'm not a "noob" but a lot of people here aren't familiar with me or my review style. I appreciate the feedback, i truly do. But i disagree with it's presented as "constructive" criticism. Telling me to cut my hands off or tie them behind my back before a video, really isn't too constructive haha

lol i don't consider myself a "professional" that might be your problem, not mine. And your criticism isn't constructive whatsoever, it's destructive. Essentially "attacking" how i do my stuff to make me change it. I appreciate feedback. When it's relevant. And i often will use it if it is constructive and encourages me to try new things. I have a certain style that has gotten me where i am today. If you like it, great. Subscribe and watch more. If not, no one makes you watch my videos. At the end of the day, i have to be happy with the content i put out. And i'm happy with what i did in this video. If you do not like that, i respect that and would encourage you to find someone that is more to your liking.

whoa dude, take a xanax. no one here is attacking anything or being destructive. you sound a little bit dramatic with all this. we love your videos very much. just a little feedback to help us enjoy them more.

Considering he's already got over 70,000 subscribers from his TF reviews, he really doesn't need to change anything for the 1/6 scale community. Already insanely successful. Plus, it really isn't that distracting if you watch a lot of his reviews. I've watched since the early days and you get used to it.

haha i'm not a "noob" but a lot of people here aren't familiar with me or my review style. I appreciate the feedback, i truly do. But i disagree with it's presented as "constructive" criticism. Telling me to cut my hands off or tie them behind my back before a video, really isn't too constructive haha

does sound bad when you put it that way. I know I've been a 'hand critic' but the energy of the review was great......I'll check your future reviews out, no doubt

But i disagree with it's presented as "constructive" criticism. Telling me to cut my hands off or tie them behind my back before a video, really isn't too constructive haha

i think we can all agree that those are light hearted attempts at humor. no one wants you to do that, do you think those are serious comments?

well, like i said, youre a real mench. we love your videos. SOME of us would PREFER less hand movements if possible. that is all.

I liked the review, I didn't have a problem with the hands at all so you just keep doing what you like, it is your video and you shouldn't need to defend yourself, if they don't like the review style they can quit watching. It would be really funny if you had said 'SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader' and only had your hands waving with no figure at all in the video.

I only have two questions that aren't really addressed in the video. How difficult is the kneeling pose to achieve (as seen on Rebelscum) and can the torso turn downward? In the pic on Rebelscum it appears the torso is fixed in a neutral position.

My hope is to get two of these, one for the kneeling pose and one for the duel with Luke.

Holy smokes!

Optimbotimus, I'm just going with straightforward, "thanks!" The dude does us all a huge favor and ends up getting coached.

I'll go counter then -

Opti, I think you should use more hand gestures! I'd also suggest that you drop three pixie sticks and a Mountain Dew before each review.

Many thanks!

People just cant be sensitive to criticism, some of its legit, some not...that's life....

And i agree, no one needs to defend themselves with a toy review.

For my money, love the hot chix style, but then, that's just me

i think we can all agree that those are light hearted attempts at humor. no one wants you to do that, do you think those are serious comments?

well, like i said, youre a real mench. we love your videos. SOME of us would PREFER less hand movements if possible. that is all.

lol after 65 million views on youtube, i don't take a lot of stuff said my direction seriously LOL

I know those where light hearted, but my point was that no "constructive" criticisms were offered. Only those...and if i were to take them seriously, they'd be in the category of destructive.

Holy smokes!

Optimbotimus, I'm just going with straightforward, "thanks!" The dude does us all a huge favor and ends up getting coached.

I'll go counter then -

Opti, I think you should use more hand gestures! I'd also suggest that you drop three pixie sticks and a Mountain Dew before each review.

Many thanks!

LMAO i don't think my diabetes will appreciate the pixie sticks or mountain dew :p

But there it is...MORE HAND GESTURES IN FUTURE REVIEWS COMIN AT CHA :p :yess:

Someone make a "smilie" with just hands waving around, that'll be awesome :p

Hey Opti, not sure if you saw this but could you comment? I am curious about these two questions, as well.

...I only have two questions that aren't really addressed in the video. How difficult is the kneeling pose to achieve (as seen on Rebelscum) and can the torso turn downward? In the pic on Rebelscum it appears the torso is fixed in a neutral position...

Do you have any pictures of it standing next to the Hot Toys Luke? I'm wondering how big the size difference is.. Awesome review btw, you made me REALLY want it NOW :) I was on the fence but you managed to convince me, thanks! (Or what my wallet thinks: SCREW YOU! ;) )

Opti,
Thanks the review. I think SS did a good damn job here. The nits seem more like physical limitations of the body regarding the pants. Perhaps TT would fix that, but don't think it's worth switching. Hopefully SS one day reengineers that crotch so it's less like a ball joint so the fabric doesn't bunch right in there. Same issue with the clones.
The arms look thin, but didn't they look thin at times in the movie, especially when the big glove gaunlet was hanging?

Not sure why he's still so friggin tall. That's disappointing to me.

That leads me to the hand debate. I would suggest, sir, a bit of manscaping. A proper manicure is all you need to put this nasty hand business to rest! :naughty

Back