Open Letter to Toyguru/Mattel Regarding Quality Issues on DCUC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost::exactly:

Could this be a problem in a certain batch, or are all the Wave 3's affected by this?

It's not just wave 3. This is common with MOST of their product. There's another thread on the matter on this very forum.

It's happened to,

Movie Masters

DCUC

ADCU/JLU figures

etc.

It's not just wave 3. This is common with MOST of their product. There's another thread on the matter on this very forum.

It's happened to,

Movie Masters

DCUC

ADCU/JLU figures

etc.

Oh man, this is not good indeed :( I was thinking of getting their TDK movie masters before, just so that I can have something to display in my cubicle. But not anymore.

I've checked all my DCUC figures and luckily for me they're all in excellent condition. Would help this thread if photos could be posted to show the problem/s the figure/s are having.

:exactly::goodpost:

Also, you get what you pay for with mass-produced <$15 figures.

How about those Hot Toys TDK figures that are turning to goo? They cost a bit more than $15 as I recall...

The problem here, as I see it, is a lack of accountability. Mattel, Hot Toys, etc. blame the manufacturers, all the while pushing to cut costs. The manufacturers use low quality materials to make the client happy, and the consumer gets the shaft.

I've got GI Joes and Captain Action figures that are over 40 years old and still look great, so don't tell me that mass produced toys can't be made with quality materials.

Steel, I really appreciated the post & I think that it is more than appropriate.

Pay no attention to the few Bichy Naysayers that have nothing better to do than dogpile on someone with obviously good intentions. Also, pay no attention to people who post crap like: "I only buy figures that cost $300, which means I have better taste & means than you, which means you deserve to have crappy quality because your figure only costs $15". Ignore that kinda tripe. As I said, there are those here who appreciate your well thought out post on this matter. A figure aimed at the adult market should not deteriorate in this way & certainly not this fast.

I do hope however that you did also post it on the Matty Message board & their facebook page as well. Even if they do delete it, you can bet that they read it.

Thanks Mav.

As an update, I did in fact post this at the Mattyforum and of course, still no answer.

I love DC Characters and enjoy the sculpts of the DCUC line. However, I do expect the toy to last, no matter what the cost or if it is played with. To clarify, I keep my figures in an enclosed, pet-free, collector friendly environment.

In addition, I've now found that some of Dark Knight figures are also beginning to show similar signs of decay. Yet, my TB Marvel Legends that are almost twice as old, are fine.

This quality issue really needs to be addressed, no matter who the targeted demographic is.

I will continue to update on any responses or lack there-of.

Back