<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Classic Predator OMG Photo Review - 80 Pics @ P1~2

its even got the tartar build-up on the base of his teeth

Yes I was relieved to see I wouldn't have to add my own. I know people like to add real hair to some figures but real plaque is probably going too far :wink1: :lol

Well, those pics are astonishing.

And uh, I guess the eyes are like the prototype? Same with the lenses? They look like a combo.

WTF IS GOING ON?!

I am so glad this mask does not look like complete trash like the P1. Still can't make up my mind if I want to pose him with or without........oh yeah its hot toys I can change him up anytime I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am so glad this mask does not look like complete trash like the P1. Still can't make up my mind if I want to pose him with or without........oh yeah its hot toys I can change him up anytime I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Too right, we're toy collectors *********! We don't neeeed no ___inkin ___athews!

Good God... let me tell you guys something, it's not easy to type on a sticky keyboard, but I'll give it my best shot anyway.

These are quite possibly the most stunning pictures of a Predator collectible I've ever seen on this site. The poses are absolutely gorgeous, the colors are vivid, and the clarity is superb. HT should hire OMG for doing their prototype/specs shots.

Unfortunately, it seems that OMG, Jeff Parker (wookster), and Plastic Enemies were all sent a higher-quality figure -- or an actual prototype -- because the forehead spotting and eye paint looks miles better than in the other in-hand photos we've seen. This doesn't seem like the final product, people.
Now if by some miracle, HT decided to up the production paint apps and made their next batches look as proto-esque as these pictures, then we're in for a treat. But that's highly unlikely.

Still extremely pumped to get this figure, as the standard paint apps look ace anyway.

Its been talked about that HT may have caught the differences in those early release Classic Preds on time and corrected them. So I dunno, I think this could in fact be what the rest of us will get.

Its been talked about that HT may have caught the differences in those early release Classic Preds on time and corrected them. So I dunno, I think this could in fact be what the rest of us will get.

Really? Any links to those posts? Haven't been keeping track of Classic very carefully the past two days; been busy collecting NIИ stuff on and offline with the impossible goal of eventually owning all official CD-format releases (well, the ones that aren't totally redundant).

Sure would be nice if HT made some changes; that'd bump this puppy from an A- to an A++. I'd add more pluses but decided not to, lest things get obnoxious.

The only thing I don't like about classic was the mesh/silver eyes and the eyes on OMG's photos seem darker. Looks good.

Talking about the bio I mean.

Theres 3 threads for Classic at the moment and I can't recall exactly which one it was talked about in but it'd be the most recent discussion in one or more of those threads, maybe even this one.

Certainly though, differences have been noticed in most recent pics. The eyes have looked like the prototype, the mesh in the biomasks has changed and the forehead paint has looked better.

OMG said he doesn't know anyone at HT so I don't think he's being specially sent figures - i.e that his particular Classic isn't necessarily representative of what the rest of us grunts will get.

HT should hire OMG for doing their prototype/specs shots.

Actually I think things should stay exactly as they are. I don't think theres anything wrong with HT prototype picture-taking. They usually portray their figures brilliantly. OMG is needed as a backup, to reassure us when the first few in-hand shots start appearing and they are almost always and inevitably CRAP! OMG shows us the full potential of the final product that we will get.

Theres 3 threads for Classic at the moment and I can't recall exactly which one it was talked about in but it'd be the most recent discussion in one or more of those threads, maybe even this one.

Certainly though, differences have been noticed in most recent pics. The eyes have looked like the prototype, the mesh in the biomasks has changed and the forehead paint has looked better.

OMG said he doesn't know anyone at HT so I don't think he's being specially sent figures - i.e that his particular Classic isn't necessarily representative of what the rest of us grunts will get.

Looked over the main Classic thread and got clued in. Wow, if this is true, Classic could very well end up being Figure of the Year for me. The paint apps and lack of initial commitment on HT's part held it back just a bit, but the idea of going back and pumping it full of more awesome... this thing could and would secure its place as the best Predator figure HT has ever made.

About my Classic Pred being superior, here's the deal. As I said before I do not know anyone from HT but recently they do found out who I am, :panic: like Jeff and a few others I've been asked to do some photo taking on the Classic. I only agree to do so because they never ever set any rules for me, I can even talk bad on a figure if it turn out sucks. :panic:

The one I got is a factory sealed box, so being higher quality or an actual prototype is out of the question. I sure don't mine if they mistakenly send me the proto. :lol

So you reckon what you have is the final product, the same that the rest of us will get then.

Congrats on coming to the attention of HT, you really nailed this one for them. I foresee your pics being quoted for as long as the Classic Predator threads are alive.

You need to get it, that's what!:lecture

Yeah, seriously. If this improvement business turns out to be true, we're talking about the Predator figure. At the moment, anyway. I can understand certain people passing on Shadow (and let's face it, in OMG's picture together with the Classic, he looks almost like one of the older Preds :lol), but passing on this? I said it before about Lar'ja and I'll say it again: inhuman. :D

I just spent 400$ on a snake!
I would get it if I could afford it..and if it's this version...

..but seriously, wtf is going on with these pics? Are these the ones we're getting?
If so, why did they release those crappier ones?

If the only pics of this closer-to-the-prototype version are from people who have been contacted by HT..I doubt this is the final version, although I wish it was.

Paint on the head still has that cut-off effect that I don't like, but I could get over it if we get the nice eyes + mesh/lenses.

great looking figure and really fab pictures ....cheers

Already have the first release. Now thanks to you freaks, I may need this one. Much better scale! (Though could probably use an extra couple centimeters... Kevin Hall was 7'2). The best thing is his head isn't as oversized. Very nice!

About my Classic Pred being superior, here's the deal. As I said before I do not know anyone from HT but recently they do found out who I am, :panic: like Jeff and a few others I've been asked to do some photo taking on the Classic. I only agree to do so because they never ever set any rules for me, I can even talk bad on a figure if it turn out sucks. :panic:

The one I got is a factory sealed box, so being higher quality or an actual prototype is out of the question. I sure don't mine if they mistakenly send me the proto. :lol
This is pretty genius damage control on Hot Toys part. They botched the Tawain release, and instead of verbally acknowledging the problems they instead corrected them in the full production run and hooked a select few up with the figure so that they could show the improvements. Your version of the figure, as well as Plastic Enemies, LUKA, ____.Po, and Jeff Parker's all feature the black lenses and properly painted eyes and quills.

Can I ask if they gave you the figure for free, and if so do you have to return it? Or did you have to pay for the figure? Thanks again OMG for your amazing photos :)

Re: - omg photo bank - DX06 Jack Sparrow - P.13

CAPTAIN AMERICA

If you like these pics, kindly leave a reply to help me move to the next page for my next upload. Thanks a lot!

dbbbf1a6.jpg

3e80cd23.jpg
Two of my favorites. Great work OMG!

Back