Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year felt like a nightmare and I wasn't even there for the celebrities. The lines for comic artists we're bad enough. This year sneaked up on me and I just wasn't able to swing it. If I had I'd been super pissed about Fox because that would have been my reason for going.

lol

Fan Expo's track record for guests is ****. It's inevitable that several will cancel a week or two before the convention--you just have to cross your fingers that the ones you want to see follow through and show up. Plus, their organization for the celebrities sucks. They schedule as many people as they can for Saturday then put them all in one area so it's impossible to move in the area. I've been paying for VIP so I can skip the lines, but it's a pain in the ass just getting to the tables. I know people last year were spending their entire day in line for one or two people. **** that. We'll see how it goes this year. I like the convention, but the new people running it really need to get their **** together.

It's that bad even for the comic guests. I started counting it up in my head after last year. I literally spent an entire day of my three day visit there in line for Jim Lee, Adam Kubert, and Greg Capullo. I saw the lines for celebs and there was no way in hell I was putting myself through that meat grinder. Yikes.

Fan Expo's track record for guests is ****. It's inevitable that several will cancel a week or two before the convention--you just have to cross your fingers that the ones you want to see follow through and show up. Plus, their organization for the celebrities sucks. They schedule as many people as they can for Saturday then put them all in one area so it's impossible to move in the area. I've been paying for VIP so I can skip the lines, but it's a pain in the ass just getting to the tables. I know people last year were spending their entire day in line for one or two people. **** that. We'll see how it goes this year. I like the convention, but the new people running it really need to get their **** together.

This sounds like the autograph area at the past few Star Wars Celebrations. :slap

This sounds like the autograph area at the past few Star Wars Celebrations. :slap

I can imagine. I'm sure the Star Wars Celebrations are even worse. The one consolation with Dallas is that they get a range of celebrities from different movies and shows. There may only be three or four I want to see among the 2-3 dozen they invite so once I get their autographs I'm done. I hate paying for a VIP pass, but it ends up being worth it to me just to not have to stand in line for hours for each person.

I figured nycc would be way too busy and hard to get passes to. I’d love to go there too.

Last edited:
It can't be any worse than SDCC. I figure if I can get through it then I can handle any convention. :lol Getting tickets for NYCC is way easier than SDCC though--at least as far as I've seen. You just have to register with them so you get the emails. I would have gone to NYCC by now, but it's been tough for me to take off work at that time of year.

It's ridiculous. What's crazy is that it's like it has a mind of its own. There are times when nothing in my yard is affected but my cover will get blown off of my grill somehow. Other times, our patio furniture gets tossed around, but everything else stays put.

So does anyone know if the two week teacher protest changed anything other than adding 15 minutes to school days to make up for it?

So does anyone know if the two week teacher protest changed anything other than adding 15 minutes to school days to make up for it?

The teachers got a raise and there's money for schools through July 2019. However, now that the teachers went back to work the OK Legislature is already ****ing with the money they promised so who knows if they'll actually get it. Oklahoma can't budget money for ****.

It’s been like that almost every day the past couple weeks. ****ing Oklahoma! :mad:

It's ridiculous. What's crazy is that it's like it has a mind of its own. There are times when nothing in my yard is affected but my cover will get blown off of my grill somehow. Other times, our patio furniture gets tossed around, but everything else stays put.

We had our school Community Service day yesterday and the wind kept messing all the students hard work. We had a hell of a time at the city tree dump when we had to dump all the limbs and leaves.
Needless to say me and a couple of boys ate dirt while we unloaded. :mad: :gah:

I'm so glad the storms yesterday didn't mess up my U2 concert in Tulsa. It was dry when I drove down and all the rain and storms blew through during the show. By the time I hit the road to come back home after 11:00, it was smooth driving.

Back