OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the freebies and chat hunts were easy, it was the ones that should be easy that weren't. :lol

I had to work and kept coming in just after the last freebie had been claimed but before the site showed it. It was hilarious

I agree some of the contests took a lot longer for me to figure out than I would have liked. I think I spent the majority of my free time hunting for the words than in chat, which is where I would have rather spent more time in.

I agree that doors should be random and unannounced. It would stop the serious Java chat lags. But I understand that Sideshow is trying to get more people involved. However, the people who spent a LOT of time in chat this year were ignored more than in past years.

Seeing as the last two days of Spook fell on a weekend, when people have to take the kids trick-r-treating and have other family obligations since the kids are home, I can understand them not having as much time available. They are basically working overtime without getting paid for it, so I truly have no complaints. I just hope they take the criticism we have posted as "constructive criticism" for improvement and don't see it as ungrateful.

It's been said before, but I have to say it again. SSC does not have to do this for us! Other companies surely don't do anything like this for their customers. So I'm appreciative for everything Sideshow does, and truly want to thank each and every one of them for their time and support! And for that, I applaud them. :clap :clap :clap

Agreed...totally

discounts on products no one wants is what is diluting Spook.
You're right about the discounts. I used to spend a lot of money during Spook because of the great discounts. Now, the discounts for the most part aren't very tempting. I'm curious as to how many of those discounted items people do purchase...

I really miss the days when an item could be on sale, PLUS you could use a gift card on it. But now that they give out so many gift cards via various outlets, I can see why they stopped doing that. At least I'll always have the memories (plus my Freddy and Jason PF's that I wouldn't otherwise own)

AARRGGGHHH!!! I just realized my DVR did not record The Walking Dead and it isn't going to be replayed until Friday. Blast it!!

:lol Well at least it will replay:) but think about it this way, now you have something to look forward to on Friday:wink1:

Not sure about that as I have DirecTV. I wouldn't be surprised if they re-air the premiere episode.

Sucks that Directv does not have AMC in HD :mad:

It's been said before, but I have to say it again. SSC does not have to do this for us! Other companies surely don't do anything like this for their customers. So I'm appreciative for everything Sideshow does, and truly want to thank each and every one of them for their time and support! And for that, I applaud them. :clap :clap :clap

I agree. But keep in mind it benefits them as much as us.

But beyond that it is a wonderful way to approach the matter and it bring us together around a company the way no other has.

I just don't want them to lose sight of what has always made it great.

Change is NOT always good.

is it just me or were some of the contests beyond difficult? Of course there were people stuck on the ones I thought were easy too, but I had a particularly difficult time this year, anyone else.

I think some were way to hard for meaningless stuff. Free shipping... catalog. 10 percent off....

I thought the freebies and chat hunts were easy, it was the ones that should be easy that weren't. :lol

:exactly:

I agree some of the contests took a lot longer for me to figure out than I would have liked. I think I spent the majority of my free time hunting for the words than in chat, which is where I would have rather spent more time in.

I think you hung tight for chat ZW, pretty good in my opinion. Nice to have you hear with us now.

I can't give a fair assessment of Spook this year cause I have been sick, in the hospital some, irritable, and just plain feeling lousy. So my opinion is swayed just a little :thud:. But I will say I have attended a few Spooktaculars and this one did seem to be a little blah, except for the grand prize, which I didn't feel like even trying to keep up with the clues for. And also, FB and Titter spread the fun too thin and should not be used next year!
As for The Walking Dead I will have it in 25 minutes and off to my Theater Room to watch it in the dark...cannot wait :yess:.

The transition to the newer online ways for companies to communicate with potential customers (facebook, twitter) from technology that was popular decades ago (chat rooms, forums, company sites) will leave some of the earlier (older?) fans behind, unfortunately.

I think it was the transition more than anything else that affected the feel of Spook this year. There was no one single place for fans to congregate (and wait for Alex, Dusty, the Mistress, Chris, etc). You had to bounce around among five (!) facebook pages, twitter, chat, freak forum + all over the actual site. Good for reaching people who don't normally frequent the 'old' ways but off-putting and disconnecting for those who do.

Were there complaints about chat being too fast and annoying five or six years ago from the people who just preferred hanging here in the forum?

Back