official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I see some of the Hasbro 3 3/4" Anniversary figs at Target now and then and a lot of them look so awesome. You can get like 20 of them for the price of Snake Eyes.

Man, I see some of the Hasbro 3 3/4" Anniversary figs at Target now and then and a lot of them look so awesome. You can get like 20 of them for the price of Snake Eyes.

exactly, i think i would rather have 20 bats than this snake eyes.

Don't see why you are in this thread then.

cause i am buying this snake eyes. i am saying that because i also collect the 3 3/4 figs and if money was an issue i would rather have 20 bats. that is the difference in mindset for the primarily 3 3/4 collectors.

I just don't see the logic in the posts.

Next month is it going to be 20 Vipers instead of a $100 Cobra Commander?

i think the logic is that if i had to pick between a $120 snake eyes fig and 20 3 3/4 figs, being a 3 3/4 collector its a no brainer. luckily i can afford both. but i can see how people would have a hard time justifying the price tag. (3 3/4 collectors)
and it will def be 20 vipers instead of a $100 cc next month. its about what you are used to spending and what you are used to getting in return.

now i am a lil different because i have been buying ss figs for years. including pfs and 1:1 busts. im used to having to break open the wallet for one item . but if you are used to spending 100 bucks for 20 or so figures, you will have a hard time justifying the cost.

Last edited:
ill take my chances with the $100 cobra commander. is the price whining ever gonna stop? really? im sick of reading it in every thread every time there is a new product. if you cant afford it, dont buy it and say "that is too expensive for me" and move on to the next thread. no need to dwell on it. there's nothing anybody can do about the price increases.

Again I agree with the above, if you cant afford to buy it why comment, SS isnt going to change the prices because the select few cant afford it.

If anything it will make you feel more bitter and angry by visiting threads that people have purchased the price of Snake Eyes at, move on to the next thread.

.....and chin up!

No ^^^^, I cant afford a Ferrari but I dont go around pissing and moaning about it.

Bottom line is, if this had come in at $100 them same people would be ^^^^^ing because it wasnt $80.

But Joes where suppose to have a $80 price point! ;)

I think that's where a lot of the ^^^^^ing comes from. Sideshow were the ones who touted that $80 price point, and then the first figure in the line comes out and it's $40 over that. You can't really blame people for pissing and moaning a bit about that.

But you CAN fault people for pissing and moaning about the whole line's cost from one goddamn figure. The first figure was $120, look at everything it comes with and the fact its on Prometheus body? Jesus H. Christ. How about we wait for a couple of more releases before blasting SSC for lying about the pricepoint. If the next three figures are $80 and then the fourth is $120 are people going to start ^^^^^ing about a price hike? :rolleyes:

(Not directed at you personally but at all the ^^^^^ing and moaning going on between three different threads..._)

No ^^^^, I cant afford a Ferrari but I dont go around pissing and moaning about it.

Bottom line is, if this had come in at $100 them same people would be ^^^^^ing because it wasnt $80.

That's what I'm saying but to some I guess it doesn't fly. Fairly easy concept I think.

I think that's where a lot of the ^^^^^ing comes from. Sideshow were the ones who touted that $80 price point, and then the first figure in the line comes out and it's $40 over that. You can't really blame people for pissing and moaning a bit about that.

True, but the quote was "starting" at that price. People read only what they want.

It's funny, I was looking at the 25th Annivesary thread, and the very first post in it is:

If Hasbro's license for GI JOE ever fell into the hands of SideShow would you be interested in a 1:6 line? I have Hasbro's 1:6 original Hooded Commander and mail Away Cobra Soldier, but in no way do they compare to the quality that SideShow can offer. Here are a few of my pictures of my 25th anniversary collection. I think that this could be a cool line for SideShow in another year or so.

And that was almost a year ago. My how opinions change.

Its pretty amazing that this pipe dream has become a reality. We all wanted Hot Toys-quality GI Joe figures and one year ago Hasbro retained exclusive production rights to the brand and the Buck had no end in sight. What a miraculous turnaround!

Back