Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the attitude Leia seems to be giving Vader in these pics. :lol

ygude9a5.jpg

gazape9e.jpg

Last edited:
Had time to take some pics since it's cabinet dusting time

[

Looks excellent! I really love those Stormies on the side too. I have none.

Excellent! Finally someone has the helmet lowered past the brow line correctly.

Yeah, that drives me batty too when I don't see it positioned right.

I received my lforigno set yesterday. Very nice stuff. I can't wait to get started on the body mod now. I'm still waiting for one last piece. I was actually thinking about fixing my ANH Vader up and selling him, but now I don't know so much...
The new Vader is a fine figure no doubt (aside from inaccuracies) but the mask on the ANH is much better, along with the suit. Plus, there is just something about the ANH Vader that I love. I really have to give this some thought. I know some people have been mixing it up with the belt/chest box etc. but I just can't. It doesn't feel right. I think the chest box that came with the first Vader is pretty close to the one in ANH. So if I sell it it will be one complete package, no mixing. One thing is for sure though, after I am done with all my mods one of them HAS to go.
Will give this much thought....

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Yeah? What more would you do to it? Ya got the KP, the lforigs, the lowered dome...
Shorten the gloves? I don't know if you did that but I plan to.

I might shorten gloves. Also, I'd like to get the light-up belt just to try it on ANH. Both belts are inaccurate anyway so it doesn't matter much.

To fend off the next question: ANH should have two smaller round green lights (not rectangular) and a larger red light.

Let me rephrase "pretty" with "fairly" accurate. :) Stuff like the coin slots and the white/silver belt buckle are a bit big against the black boxes. I guess I'm more forgiving on those parts.

Yeah it seems like there isn't much difference in SS's first or second belt. I don't have the new one though. It would be cool to try out the new belt on the old Darth.

I would love to get one for a decent price. It makes me cry when I see the price asked for the tunic and the new light-up stuff. This was a deal.

https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/sideshow-tabard-chest-computer-black/

Alex

Did Adam awesome body mod and Im finally happy with my ANH Vader!

Im really hoping mshurricane come through with those domes. That will take this to another level. I gotta go, but I'll post more later on all that I did. Boy was it tough.

Looks awesome amigo. Using a custom or the ROTJ cape really makes a difference in slimming down his broad shoulders.

Your Ben looks very lifelike. Did you paint the head and swap the body? Any other mods?

Alex

Yours looks like mine now, Fiend. We need to fix the bunch-up of the tunic (robes) on the shoulders I think -- mine has the same. I'm thinking of folding the material over -- like in half -- to see if that calms it down; if now I may cut the material, narrowing it where it crosses over the shoulder. Lance said that material cuts very easily without leaving frayed edges. Just use a sharp scissor.

Also, what do you think about shortening the gloves? Some have cut a ring or two off the bottom of the glove. I haven't had the balls to do this yet, but its another thing I'm considering.

Looks awesome amigo. Using a custom or the ROTJ cape really makes a difference in slimming down his broad shoulders.

Your Ben looks very lifelike. Did you paint the head and swap the body? Any other mods?

Alex

Thanks man. I didn't paint the head personally, I had it commissioned by Skiman. I didn't do a body swap, I only padded his body a bit to give him some heft. I love him, he's one of my favorites. Still need the damn robe that came with him though. That will bother me forever until I find it.

Yours looks like mine now, Fiend. We need to fix the bunch-up of the tunic (robes) on the shoulders I think -- mine has the same. I'm thinking of folding the material over -- like in half -- to see if that calms it down; if now I may cut the material, narrowing it where it crosses over the shoulder. Lance said that material cuts very easily without leaving frayed edges. Just use a sharp scissor.

Also, what do you think about shortening the gloves? Some have cut a ring or two off the bottom of the glove. I haven't had the balls to do this yet, but its another thing I'm considering.

Yeah, there is still some fine tuning to do, the robes being one of them. I was thinking of doing the same as you, folding them. I took some pics of the cut up body. I remember looking down on all the cut up parts and thinking ' what have I done.' :lol Before this mod I only took out the lower midsection and put the body back together. It was slightly over 13 1/2" so the height was good, but he was ill proportioned. Bad. Now, I'm very happy with the body.I did the same thing Adam did to his, - I cut a portion out of the midsection, reglued it, cut sections out out of both arm and legs, then reglued those. It took me over 3 hours from stripping the figure to reclothing him.
As far as the gloves, I'm not sure. I planned on shortening them but they don't look bad like I thought they would. Ill give it a few days to let it sink in. Plus, they're accurate as far as I can tell, right? I was looking at props and a few screen grabs and I count 12 big rings with 2 tiny ones on each end. I thought someone posted a screen grab a while ago showing that the SSC gloves were too long though....

I was looking at props and a few screen grabs and I count 12 big rings with 2 tiny ones on each end. I thought someone posted a screen grab a while ago showing that the SSC gloves were too long though....

Well if 12 is correct, I count 13 on our gloves. Hmmmmm.... tempting. I'm like you, in hand it looks fine, but the gloves are admittedly a tad longish. Depends on the pose. I have his hands at his sides and it looks OK. But put his hands up and the gloves suddenly look almost elbow length -- nice evening gloves, Darth.

I have so many gloves that came with Darth surely cutting down one pair isn't too bad, right? :)

I just counted the rings on the right saber holding hand and it has 12, I counted 13 on the left fist. I didn't count the other hands. The gloves on 501st Legion site have 13. Now, IM only counting the big rings, not the smaller strips on both ends of the rings if that makes sense.

:lol

I only counted because I saw it in this thread a while back and wondered what the fuss was about. I don't care that much really. Someone here cut down there gloves but I can't find the post. Feel free to post pics if you've done this mod.

Back