Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was charged $11.04 for the PZ PF and $13.81 for Vader. :google

I did the signature waiver on PZ so that probably saved a few bucks.

On mine the piece just wasn't glued on to the helmet, its an actual peice of plastic or plate as I call it about an inch long that goes on the side of the helmet . For me it just got missed being glued at the factory so it was an easy fix.

Bizarre! So it's actually both things that get broken off-- on some just the tip and on others the whole side triangle piece?

I guess my $12 charge isn't so bad now -- I told a friend and he was like 'hey call SS, that's way too much'. I was all ready to call SS and double-check that I had been charged correctly, but it's looking like that is the correct amount for this size package.

I think its just the size that puts it into a different bracket for shipping. But we're talking about a $4-$8 difference from usual shipping on a $125 figure. A couple bucks here or there...

Yeah, I had forgotten about the extra cost of signature requirement, which is kinda ridiculous that Sideshow basically forces you to get charged an extra $5. I know they do it in order to cover their butts in case your package gets stolen from someone's front door. And it can be tragic with expensive PFs and statues. But I think someone mentioned in another thread that nowadays, most figures are over $100, which means pretty much everything requires signatures! They should maybe consider changing the cut-off price to $150.

The triangle piece on LordScum's wasn't broken off. It just hadn't been glued.

Ahh, gotcha! Equally strange! Although I imagine it probably just didn't get enough glue and eventually fell off, whether because of being jostled around during shipment, or changes in temperature or pressure in its environment.

Yeah, I had forgotten about the extra cost of signature requirement, which is kinda ridiculous that Sideshow basically forces you to get charged an extra $5. I know they do it in order to cover their butts in case your package gets stolen from someone's front door. And it can be tragic with expensive PFs and statues. But I think someone mentioned in another thread that nowadays, most figures are over $100, which means pretty much everything requires signatures! They should maybe consider changing the cut-off price to $150.

Yep. I get hit with the new CA state tax of 10% plus the shipping, so it adds up real fast. Nothing like Europe though. But most of SS's figures are still around $90 so it just gets in under that line.

I got Ex. Toht coming and I dread the shipping/tax charge on that one (big AND heavy).

Since I won't be home to sign for him I have UPS holding Vader for me on Monday... nice thing is I had already taken the day off so I can pick him up after 9am :rock :rock :rock

Sideshow actually addresses this in yesterday's newsletter and it looks like UPS and FedEx both increased their prices for this "service":

To ensure your Sideshow Collectibles' piece arrives safe and sound, we do require a signature for orders that total $100 or more! As a reminder, a few months ago the shippers slightly increased their fees for this service to $3.75 USD per UPS box and $2.75 USD per FEDEX box!

I wouldn't really mind paying the extra $$ for Vader...if he would only ship! Still at "processing"...and today is my birthday too:monkey2

I can not wait to get my hands on the new vader....

The photos looks great, gonna do a big diorama for his arrival :)

This?

vaderfirst1.jpg

LOL OWW I just want to get taking shots now GGGRRRR. If any one has good pics of the hallway like that please please pm me or post em so I can start building :)

Mine arrived yesterday, but I missed UPS. So I had to pick him up today. He really is spectacular. I don't really see any flaws with him, including the helmet. My wife or I will need to iron his cape, but that is not a issue. Can't wait to display him with my other SS figs.

I was charged $11.04 for the PZ PF and $13.81 for Vader. :google

I did the signature waiver on PZ so that probably saved a few bucks.

OMG. PFs cost around $80 to ship here, and I'm 40 minutes from the border. Throw on UPS' $30 "because we can" charge and duties, it aint pretty.

SSC needs to open a warehouse here.

Back