Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think just futzing with the cape a bit should fix that problem.

As for the tusks, I just made them out of a couple different thicknesses of styrene strips. The actual tusks are a bit narrower in the middle, but it's not really necessary to sculpt that way. I found that once you paint the rounded end silver, the highlights kinda make the tips look bigger anyway.

View attachment 167151

And I tried to take some closeups of the helmet for you to show the tusks, but had trouble getting any good ones.

View attachment 167152
View attachment 167153

Again fantastic job ! You've just takin the orginal figure up to a whole new level:clap

Has anybody tried putting the spare dome that comes with the sideshow ROTJ Vader on the Sideshow ANH vader mask? Just curious what that combo looks like.

Yeah I think just futzing with the cape a bit should fix that problem.

As for the tusks, I just made them out of a couple different thicknesses of styrene strips. The actual tusks are a bit narrower in the middle, but it's not really necessary to sculpt that way. I found that once you paint the rounded end silver, the highlights kinda make the tips look bigger anyway.

View attachment 167151

And I tried to take some closeups of the helmet for you to show the tusks, but had trouble getting any good ones.

View attachment 167152
View attachment 167153

so how did you do the helmet that looks great

img_8256.jpg

Thanks for sharing davejams! I love the entire helmet of your vader! Really impressive! The overall look of this figure is stunning! The widow's peak, the tusks, the repaint, all remind me to anh vader!:vader Where I can find styrene strips or something of similar?

so how did you do the helmet that looks great

Thanks. I basically cut a little square notch out where the widow's peak goes with my dremel, sculpted a new section with styrene plastic, and glued that in. It doesn't blend together quite as smoothly as it should at the moment, but it'll do for now.

Thanks for sharing davejams! I love the entire helmet of your vader! Really impressive! The overall look of this figure is stunning! The widow's peak, the tusks, the repaint, all remind me to anh vader!:vader Where I can find styrene strips or something of similar?

The styrene plastic I just got from a hobby store in town, but they also carry it at model train stores and I'm sure you can find some online. There's lots of different thicknesses and shapes to choose from. :)

The flow on esb/rotj cape is quite good however. I am curious how HT's cape turns out.

Yeah the flow is good, but the edges just look way too thin and crisp for my taste. Especially in front.

I don't know crap about tailoring, but simply adding an extra little flap than you can fold inside seems to improve the look quite a bit, I think, while still letting it hang down and flow convincingly.

I think it's alright, it drapes down the chest armour flat
which is what its meant to do in the film
where as the stock cape just didnt do it

Back