Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Vader with my custom made lightsaber

vader1.jpg

vader2.jpg

Cant wait for their ESB Vader. Theyd better get the sculpt right, and Im hoping for a heavier cape and cloak, the ANH ones seem too thin or stiff I dont know..

I think a thicker cape would be nice, for one it would help close the gap between his dome and body more, and 2, thicker material should fall better. The cape is nice, but capes and large cloaks are often a weak point with figures at 1/6 scale, just can't capture the natural flow they get at full size.

thanks for finding words for me MF! ;) Hurricanes cape for example seems to have a much more hefty feel to it. Medicoms too from what ive seen on pics, and I hope SS can get the quality of Medicoms Vader paint on their new one!

Cant wait for their ESB Vader. Theyd better get the sculpt right, and Im hoping for a heavier cape and cloak, the ANH ones seem too thin or stiff I dont know..

Don't mean to change the subject of this thread:monkey3. But I am hoping there will be more articulation w/TESB Vader. I would love to have this version knelling before his master. But I'm still guessing 2011 release...maybe :duh

I do love my SSC ANH Vader w/Hur's improved helmet....:D:naughty

thanks for finding words for me MF! ;) Hurricanes cape for example seems to have a much more hefty feel to it. Medicoms too from what ive seen on pics, and I hope SS can get the quality of Medicoms Vader paint on their new one!

Medicom's cape is wired at the bottom, otherwise I think it'd probably have the same issues as the Sideshow cape. They just need thicker material, the Sideshow cape is almost paper thin. The Lando cape is the same material and on his you can see through it because the lining is different colored, Vader thankfully doesn't have that because the lining's black too. I'm sure a wire could help, but I think that's more useful for dymanic cape positions.

For ESB, I'd go with a pose like this and to get the cape like that, weight to it, either heavier material or weights in the bottom of the cape, are what would really get that effect, wires wouldn't pull it down over him really.

vader02.jpg

Medicom's cape is wired at the bottom, otherwise I think it'd probably have the same issues as the Sideshow cape. They just need thicker material, the Sideshow cape is almost paper thin. The Lando cape is the same material and on his you can see through it because the lining is different colored, Vader thankfully doesn't have that because the lining's black too. I'm sure a wire could help, but I think that's more useful for dymanic cape positions.

For ESB, I'd go with a pose like this and to get the cape like that, weight to it, either heavier material or weights in the bottom of the cape, are what would really get that effect, wires wouldn't pull it down over him really.

vader02.jpg
Love that pic Maulfan thanks. If I can add again please. It would be nice to have a set of the gloves holding the belt pose. Hint SSC ;)

Love that pic Maulfan thanks. If I can add again please. It would be nice to have a set of the gloves holding the belt pose. Hint SSC ;)

I don't know if you'll get ones specifically holding the belt, but the ANH Vader comes with ones that can rest on the boxes and essentially achieve that pose.

However, I'd like if the next Vader used a hand system like the recent Clone Wars Anakin with the forearm part of the glove as a soft piece and separate hands, get more posability out of them. The solid gloves works ok for ANH because he didn't get very dynamic, but for ESB or ROTJ dueling look, a little more posability at the wrists would be nice.

I agree some wrist articulation would be great for future Vader. I want an Ep VI and willing to wait.

What a weird photo of Boba Fett! His chest armor looks like it's one big piece instead of divided, his knee armor is on upside down, and instead of the ankle ties (the spats didn't show up until ROTJ) the pants are rolled!

- J

And Sideshow, if youre reading, Id gladly pay Hot Toys prices if you would match their quality..:monkey3

Theres not much diffrence in price i think? I paid 123 dollars for my HT Sarah Connor or 148 dollars for my T2 T-800...

Anyway, I've started to love my Vader, i'm not that much of a fanboy that i care about its smaller problem. However for a figure in this price range i think that SS should have had better QA and not deliver items with legs with different height. :/

the codpiece is also ALOT prettier on Medis, not just a thin plastic..

The codpiece is very cheap looking on the SS. The longer I had the SS Vader the less I liked it for some reason. Just some of the materials used I guess seemed cheap. Scale aside I like the Medi ROTS over the SS Vader. I sold off my SS Vader and just gonna wait to make a decision on which I will keep in my collection.

The codpiece is very cheap looking on the SS. The longer I had the SS Vader the less I liked it for some reason. Just some of the materials used I guess seemed cheap. Scale aside I like the Medi ROTS over the SS Vader. I sold off my SS Vader and just gonna wait to make a decision on which I will keep in my collection.

Just shaking my head laughing . :lol

Back