Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

4972187_orig.jpg

One more:
prometheus_2-620x447.jpg

Charlize Theron would be the perfect Samus Aran.

And...

6387487379_ff5a85f51b_z.jpg

Weyland-Yutani_Corp._Logo.gif

maybe

Images look good. A bit too polished, but that's probably for marketing purposes.

Regarding the futuristic looking suits. Seeing as the characters are probably part of the "company's" science team, I would think that they probably have the best equipment available to them at the time. Where as the Nostromo crew were basically space truckers and had low-quality/ extremely old environmental suits.

this movie is going to be the next class sci-fi film. It is about time. The suits look great. I believe this movie will feature the Space Jockey and early forms of the xenomorph. Also, I think the logo on Idris Elba will either just be Weyland or Yutani.. not combined. May be the early form of the company. It seems Ridley just wants to slowly piece it together since he has planned this to be a two part movie

Holy ____, blue stretchy suits with some small fragile-looking black armor crap.

SO FUTURISTIC OMFG.

..seriously, and were Ripley and her crew not basically space truckers, too?

Ridley Scott just signed on to Produce and Direct a sequel to "Blade Runner".... what's next.... A sequel to "Legend"?

(not that I'm not stoked as all F that he's going back to his two best films!!)

Finally. Blade Runner? WTF? I love Blade Runner, but I just didn't know that there was enough interest to garner another movie.

Whoa... That's a bootleg from the f-cking edit bay where they're cutting the trailer.

Heads will roll over this.

Well, this should finally seal it for everybody--Prometheus is indeed a prequel to ALIEN.

All other priorities rescinded...

Using slowmo I saw the space jockey rising out of the platform, the (soon to be) derelict ship, and a silhouette of an alien warrior.

Well, this should finally seal it for everybody--Prometheus is indeed a prequel to ALIEN.

All other priorities rescinded...
Duh

Using slowmo I saw the space jockey rising out of the platform, the (soon to be) derelict ship, and a silhouette of an alien warrior.
..There's not going to be Stan Winston Aliens in this movie that H. R. Giger is working on...

And..yeah the trailer is friggin awesome.. I can't wait for the official version so I can watch it 8 times daily!

All I can say is it's about f'n time that Fox put some f'n TALENT on the Alien franchise again! PROMETHEUS is going to be awesome!!!

They did a great job with PREDATORS and now bringing ALIEN to the forefront with Ridley Scott, H.R. Giger and (possibly) a great design, sound and film crew all around that finally gives some respect back to the franchise!

IMHO Ridley can ignore the other Alien movies if he wants. This is his sandbox first.

I do wish, however, that he would leave Blade Runner alone.

So are we assuming this movie will focus around Space Jockeys? :dunno. Since Stan Winston created the idea that Alien eggs come from Queen Aliens, would we also assume that the Giger facehugger and those eggs would also come from a Queen?, so the where do the Queens come from? I don't think they will get that deep, but it's kind of interesting to think about. Winston pretty much created the idea that has been followed by the rest of the Alienesque movies, but I don't know if Riddley would also follow that idea.

Back