Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see you say that. Kids who look at ALIENS as fun thrills just don't get it. It came out before Platoon! It may have been THE first movie to truly showcase frenetic **** hitting the fan combat chaos. In spite of the badass action it was intense and disturbing as hell.

Agreed.

There was some pretty messed up stuff in there, even with the cool, badass action as you put it. The film starts out FUN, sure. The marines are all tough, messing around, pulling one liners. They're going on a "bug hunt" with tons of fire power. Once they reach the colony though and they're finding colonists moaning and groaning begging for death and they themselves get picked off one by one, it's not really FUN. Not when the **** hits the fan. Suspense is more like it. Hell, we all take Bishop for granted now, but I really thought they were going to have him snap (just like Ash), especially after the Terminator.

I remember when I first saw it, I thought maybe Newt was somehow impregnated or something as well. I was cringing waiting for that to story line to happen. That they were going to go that route and have Ripley break down even more. Once Ripley saved her though, the fear and dread sort of dies down. You know they're going to make it out in time before everything blows up. You know Ripley and Co. are going to have a happy ending, even when the Queen shows up.

See, i'll never felt that while watching Aliens. I saw it when I was 5 or so. All I wanted to see was the monsters. I didn't care about the people. The monsters drew me to the film.

Later on in life I learned to appreciate everything about the film, which is why it's one of my favorite films of all time.

It just can't do that for me. Now..the Alien games? Holy ****. Yes. The Aliens can scare me in a virtual reality from.

See, i'll never felt that while watching Aliens. I saw it when I was 5 or so. All I wanted to see was the monsters. I didn't care about the people. The monsters drew me to the film.

Later on in life I learned to appreciate everything about the film, which is why it's one of my favorite films of all time.

It just can't do that for me. Now..the Alien games? Holy ****. Yes. The Aliens can scare me in a virtual reality from.

original.gif

Aliens isn't a "happy" film but it has the badass Colonial Marines with their pulse rifles blasting acidic alien guts all over the place. That's what people wanted in Alien 3. And for Hicks and Newt to be a family with Ripley and live happily ever after like some lame-*** fairy tale.

I'm glad they threw Hicks and Newt out like garbage. They don't deserve any special treatment, and even Ripley doesn't receive that. The alien is a nightmare, a cancer. She can't escape it and it's inevitably going to take everything from her.

I'm glad they threw Hicks and Newt out like garbage. They don't deserve any special treatment, and even Ripley doesn't receive that. The alien is a nightmare, a cancer. She can't escape it and it's inevitably going to take everything from her.

:monkey4

Ripley just lost her daughter to old age. She lost her job, pretty much everything in her world. Nobody believes her about the events from Alien (where she lost her friends and became unhinged) either.

Having Ripley get impregnated (after wiping out most of the aliens) then seeing characters like Hicks (his upper half literally spilling out of the chamber) and Newt (yeah, the dead, naked, drowned corpse of a little kid opened up on an operating table!) was a bit much.

Nobody wanted happy, happy, I'm sure. But where Alien 3 went? They DO toss Hicks and Newt out like garbage! :lol It's pretty ****ed up. The wrapped up Hicks doesn't even have a head! But then Ripley is in a hell hole, where she ****s a random doctor (who starts out like he's a major character then dies quickly), has to shave her head and pubes, and DIES! Where is the resolution? Why did Ripley's life have to suck so bad.

Aliens isn't a "happy" film but it has the badass Colonial Marines with their pulse rifles blasting acidic alien guts all over the place. That's what people wanted in Alien 3. And for Hicks and Newt to be a family with Ripley and live happily ever after like some lame-*** fairy tale.

fair enough but they could have kill them using the creature then. How about bringing Hicks back and having the inmates or the alien kill him.

If they wanted to have something like this they could have at least bring the guy back, and have him die in front of Ripley. or have the other humans kill him.

The fact that they got rid of them the way they did was ridiculous and stupid. It was such a cop out, it was a little too convenient to have both characters die the way they did.
They could have at least give some screen time to Hicks being alive.......

Too convenient? :lol

You don't think it's too convenient that Ripley gets a new "hero" boyfriend and daughter? :lol

It would have been interesting to see Hicks survive the crash, and how he'd react to the prisoners, but I prefer what we got.

Well, Hicks didn't die because of an alien, or even because the ship crashed and smashed him into a gory mess.

He died because of Fox being Fox, and the fact that James Cameron and Michael Biehn were not returning. Refusing in some cases (but I think they didn't want Biehn back anyway, either due to the salary or whatever the deal/truth was there).

Newt didn't die by drowning. She died because the actress that played her was too old I guess.

Back