Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

Because we don't know what exactly xenomorphs are made of; they could be made of some material not even known to our science.
Homer_doh-1-.png

Thwei, in all seriousness: why don't you try a reply that involves an actual rebuttal which does not end up being: "you're wrong because I say you are."

People don't take that seriously - at least I don't.

Also not taken seriously: "witty" .gifs, and personal insults. The ability to debate without losing your temper is a great thing and very useful in real life. I challenge you to... well, rise to the challenge of a constructive debate.

Because we don't know what exactly xenomorphs are made of; they could be made of some material not even known to our science. Hence acid for blood is a far-out concept, but not entirely off the table. I have no problem with the idea that the universe is a big place, and we don't even know everything about our OWN planet much less everywheres else.

That's all well and good, but the same reasoning can be applied to the biomass debate. I'm asking why acid blood makes more sense over that.

Thwei, in all seriousness: why don't you try a reply that involves an actual rebuttal which does not end up being: "you're wrong because I say you are."

People don't take that seriously - at least I don't.

Also not taken seriously: "witty" .gifs, and personal insults. The ability to debate without losing your temper is a great thing and very useful in real life. I challenge you to... well, rise to the challenge of a constructive debate.
You've gotta be kidding me.

I've explained to you why you're wrong Every. Single. Time. And I've never "lost my temper", or gone off ranting about it. :dunno

And about the personal insults..I don't believe I've insulted you personally at all.

But eh, how many times did you bring up my age? :rolleyes:

In the script for the Alien, the chestburster raided the kitchen since it was locked in there. Regardless if that occurred in the film or not is unclear... but it didn't really bother me, as it didn't in Prometheus.

I know what you mean, but still. In Alien 3, I highly doubt the Alien would've raided the mess hall, and they wouldn't know about it.

Alien does not need any food. It does not eat. It just breeds, until it takes over. That's it's purpose

Nope. Because acid for blood ACTUALLY MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME than organisms growing to thousands of times their original size with zero food [energy] input - and inside a few hours, to boot. I just usually ignore the INSTANT BIOMASS IN A CAN! thing as the price I pay for good entertainment, much as I ignore the real-world physics of people flying around in fusion-powered battle armor - because I like that concept and find it fun.

If people want to love Prometheus despite its many flaws, go ahead and love it. I have a lot of bad films I love too. I love them *while* admitting their many flaws to myself.

Alien is one of the greatest films of all time, and is not a bad movie because the Alien doesn't need to eat.

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

It is. Like I said, I like it too. But that doesn't magically make it not crappy.

Saw it.Average and forgetable.

Avengers still the Best movie of 2012.

Not at all. I don't think this movie is fully crappy. You can't call it totally crappy. The script is. But the visuals, and the acting of the main characters is pretty good. It's a well made movie with a crappy script.

Eh.......It's still not a crap movie overall. It's just a crappy script, with a visual beautiful look, and good acting in parts.

That's like saying you don't have a crappy car even though it's a bucket because the paint looks good and the air conditioner works sometimes. :lol

Be more like, you're car is in great shape, the paint is good, the car runs smoothly...but your radio is ____ed, and your seats are retarded. Oh and the air conditioning doesn't work.

But it's still a pretty car. :D

I have to say all the new alien designs as seen in the film were.... "crap". The Hammerpedes, the squidryo, the Trilobite (starfish), the not-so proto-xeno...

Best design was cut from the film -- the transformed Fifield -- in favor of a blackened zombie.

The old designs from the 70's still rock to this day.

Be more like, you're car is in great shape, the paint is good, the car runs smoothly...but your radio is ____ed, and your seats are retarded. Oh and the air conditioning doesn't work.

But it's still a pretty car. :D

ANNNNNDDDD that would be a crappy car. So you just proved that Prometheus is a crappy film. Ridley hates you now. :lol

Well yeah. But I don't mind these new ones. I had no problem with them. They were all done practically, which was really refreshing. :D

But it's a crappy, uncomfortable ride getting there. You're not making this any better for yourself. :lol

Back