Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who have the soundtrack and would like to order the tracks chronlogically like the film, I have figured out the full order.

1. Atrocities - This is the music that scores the real world footage of Burma that the film opens with.

2. Rambo Theme - The main title of the movie.

3. Conscription - This is the music from the scene when the Burmese army raids a village in the night and takes the young boys for soldiers.

4. The Call to War - Misleading track name, this music starts out when Sarah is convincing Rambo to help them up river at night during the rain and carries into the start of the boat trip when Rambo tells Sarah where he's from.

5. Crossing Into Burma - This music is from the scene where the Burmese pirates come upon Rambo and the missionaries and leads into their arrival along the Burmese shoreline.

6. Rambo Returns - This music covers Rambo's journey back from dropping the missionaries off, including destroying the pirate ship, as well as the missionaries' hike to the village.

7. Attack On the Village - Pretty self explanatory with this one, all the music from when the missionaries are attacked and captured.

8. When You Are Pushed - The music that highlights Rambo's forging of the machette and realization of what he is.

9. Prison Camp - This piece scores as you see the various locales of the prison camp and Sarah's spot.

10. Searching for Missionaries - This music highlights the merecenaries initial journey into Burma and the short conflict with the Burmese army where Rambo takes out the troops with his bow.

11. Rambo Takes Charge - The music from the point where Rambo draws his bow to convince the mercenaries to stay the course.

12. The Compound - All the music as the mercenary army enters the Burmese camp and the bizarre show is going on in the camp.

13. The Rescue - A continuation of music from The Compound as Rambo rescues Sarah.

13. Hunting Mercenaries - This track highlights as Rambo lays the claymore trap for the Burmese army.

14. No Rules of Engagement - This piece starts as the missionaries and mercenaries are about to be executed by the Burmese army and Rambo comes to the rescue.

15. Battle Adaigo - Beautiful piece that scores Rambo's surveillance of the battle ground as it's all over and leads into his walk home.

16. Rambo End Title - Opens with "It's A Long Road" just as it played at the opening of First Blood as the film sees Rambo off for home, then leads to a more explosive rendition of "It's A Long Road" much like Goldsmith had done for the First Blood score.

Typically yes, companie's push product before the film, but Rambo isn't your typical merchandising property, and it's release just happens to be a precursor to the first major showcase for products in the collectibles industry for the the year, Toy Fair, so it wouldn't surprise me if they A) wait for Toy Fair to have this be one of their unveilings, or B) wait to see how successful this new film is or isn't. Just because R1-3 was popular enough to sell figures, they may not have wanted to chance it on this one just yet it incase if flopped. It could also be tied to who owns the necessary rights. Lionsgate had the rights to the old Rambo cartoons and this new movie, but who knows who owns the R1-3 rights, if they're separate, then HT may not be allowed to make a figure from this movie, I sure hope they can and do.

If somebody does do a Rambo figure from this film. I wonder if they will get the watch right? Somehow I doubt since nobody has gotten the Bond watches right. Stallone made the watch prominant in the film for watch fans. So it would only seem fitting that they would get the watch right. I wonder does any know what the even is? Hint: It is vintage and from Stallone's personal collection.

I thought it had something to do with the army, never knew he just got back from NAM and its the police who wanna give him **** lol..

I thought it had something to do with the army, never knew he just got back from NAM and its the police who wanna give him **** lol..

Yeah, Rambo has nothing to do with the actual fighting the war scenario but yet the aftermath. The betrayal of his government and dissatisfaction of his fellow Americans is the whole point of first blood. After that is was PURE Hollywood man!

Its the first time ive seen First Blood so it makes sense to me now why he was in jail in First Blood Part 2.

Gonna watch Rambo III tonight

If you think about it, you'll also pick up on a lot of reflections of First Blood in RAMBO.

Hmmm, I don't think you have to think about it. I think the allusions/reflections to First Blood were rather blatant.

If you've been a long time follower of Rambo, yes, but if you read this thread, Jamal just saw First Blood for the first time so it might not be as obvious.

RAMBO 5 IN PROGRESS

From Stallone himself.

Sylvester Stallone is planning a fifth Rambo film following the success of his ultra-violent 2008 sequel. The action man has revealed he's started writing a fifth installment of the franchise - but the next Rambo movie will be very different from the shoot 'em up jungle adventures his character is most famous for.

Stallone tells Swedish newspaper Metro, "I would like to take Rambo to another genre, experiment a little with the character. It would definitely not be another war movie. I can't go any further with that than what I've already done. What it's going to be like, I'm not going to reveal at this point. But I'm already halfway though writing the manuscript."

Check out this amazing statue, man I hope someone offers this for sale down the road.

P1050390.jpg

RAMBO 5 IN PROGRESS

From Stallone himself.

Sean, thanks for the update this is cool news, however, I really liked the way part IV ended, didn't you? It was perfect, he comes home, the end. IMO if or I should say when part V comes to theatres i'm sure it will consist of John reaping havoc in some major U.S. city, kinda like where it all started in First Blood.

If its a Rambo flick it must have action.

Sean, thanks for the update this is cool news, however, I really liked the way part IV ended, didn't you? It was perfect, he comes home, the end. IMO if or I should say when part V comes to theatres i'm sure it will consist of John reaping havoc in some major U.S. city, kinda like where it all started in First Blood.

If its a Rambo flick it must have action.

4 did wrap the story up. As far as looking at the films from a critical standpoint, it's the perfect ending to it all. As a Rambo fan, I'm always up for more. I'm curious what direction Sly wants to go with this, taking it out of the war context is interesting. I trust in Sly, he's known the right stuff to do with Rocky and Rambo of late, but I am a little scared RAMBO 5 could end up like ROCKY 5.

4 did wrap the story up. As far as looking at the films from a critical standpoint, it's the perfect ending to it all. As a Rambo fan, I'm always up for more. I'm curious what direction Sly wants to go with this, taking it out of the war context is interesting. I trust in Sly, he's known the right stuff to do with Rocky and Rambo of late, but I am a little scared RAMBO 5 could end up like ROCKY 5.

Thats exactly what im thinking! it probably will be a great movie. But when people think of rambo its all guns an killing. So people are going to be like WTF no War! whats he doing bla bla! but will see! i cant wait! this means we may get another kick ass score from Tyler!!!!!

Thats exactly what im thinking! it probably will be a great movie. But when people think of rambo its all guns an killing. So people are going to be like WTF no War! whats he doing bla bla! but will see! i cant wait! this means we may get another kick ass score from Tyler!!!!!

Another Tyler score would be great. I guess I'm only nervous because with so few words on it, it's hard to fathom how a story for Rambo can exist out of war, and certainly you can't just rehash First Blood, nor does it seem like a similar story would happen nowadays, people are much more supportive of soldiers fighting a cause they don't believe in than they were about Vietnam. Like I said though, I really feel that Stallone has a good hold on Rocky and Rambo right now, so if he's moving forward and confident in his vision, I think it'll turn out fine.

I read this on IMDB:

"During its long development process, 'Rambo' went through a number of story premises. One un-produced script featured Rambo living a quiet life with wife and child, until white supremacists kidnap his family. Another script found Rambo trying to stop a hostage situation at the United Nations, where he is working as a diplomat, when terrorists (including Rambo's adopted son) take hold of the UN headquarters in New York."

So there's hope storywise
But the second idea (hostage situation) seems more a job for Bruce Willis :D

Back