Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev is Skynet. He created the perfect killing machine out of a wimpy inaccurate toy. The man is a genius.

Remember the 2up

IMG_3604.JPG

Well...did it?

NC_PREDATOR_DUTCH_003.jpg

I mean.... that's a ''good'' one. The eyes are cartoony and the mouth did not upscale very well - it seems to be sculpted based on a very specific moment in the film and with a NECA finish and paintjob, again...looks cartoony. Probably neither one is better than the other.

Well...did it?
I mean.... that's a ''good'' one. The eyes are cartoony and the mouth did not upscale very well - it seems to be sculpted based on a very specific moment in the film and with a NECA finish and paintjob, again...looks cartoony. Probably neither one is better than the other.

But with the right paintjob the sculpt sure beats Sideshows PF, which looks like freakin Dr. House.

Just look at this:
My repainted 1/4 Dutch HS.
photo1_zps5ec31dd2.jpg

photo4_zps45d5da81.jpg

photo_zps56cad0ff.jpg

The 2-up looks way better. Idk if it's the paint or what.

It's because that was the size/scale it was first created in before it was shrunk down to 7". It's the original, the template, the one they put all the work into.

This bigger 1/4 version is a blown up copy of that 2-up, hence it looks worse. It wasn't made with the intention of an 18" figure.

Last edited:
Whatever it ends up looking like it cant be any worse than the Quarter Scale T2 that Diamond Select put out awhile back. An unbelievable eyesore and probably the worst Terminator figure ever. :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's my modded Ultimate T-1000 with comparisons and so on. The aim was to make him taller without making his proportions unnatural. I achieved the former and I think I achieved the latter aswell.

They don't look quite so silly next to the old figures anymore:

Anyway, when you dismantle the figure this is what you're looking at:

Pull the legs apart to get this:

Then drill out the bottom of that hole like so and fill in the top with something, anything. It forces the legs to sit lower in this piece and in turn expose the maximum amount of the sculpted leg that was previously hidden up inside the 'diaper':

I also added a bunch of blue tack which I also glued in place to try to tighten things up because the figures were very ragdollish after the mod. This was reasonably successful. Lastly I took the shoes (and pegs) from some old wrecked T-1000s from 2010 (glad I didn't throw those out, the parts are coming in useful) as they add additional height compared to the stock shoes.

Oh and here's my new custom BD Steel Mill T-1000 using the handgun bullet hits from the Hot Toys T-1000. I drilled holes in the figure to enable them to fit.

I intend to make more variants such as 'Galleria' with 7 bullet holes, if they'll fit, aswell as redoing the Pescadero battle damage that NECA gave us. Their liquid metal 'squibs' suck, a very flat silver paint. The Hot Toys ones look reasonably chrome-like.

Thanks. I consider it a success overall. It does slightly make the line of the diaper a little more noticeable but personally I'll take that when it means the figure doesn't look noticeably shorter than my other T-1000 figures - that was really bugging the hell out of me.

By the way, obviously my photos here aren't meant to be cinematic. I'm aware of how very crap these figures look in my pics. It's why I don't really photograph my NECA collection apart from when I've done a custom/kitbash. They do not photograph well unless you're a skilled repainter and use the right lighting, backgrounds and a decent camera and so on. That said they genuinely don't look so crap holding them in my hands, the old 'looks better in person' chestnut.

Back