Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their Police Shootout figure is probably the least impressive Arnie they've done IMO. Poor choice, I'm not sure I'd buy that. We know they'd just use the same sculpt again and it's not a very good one, the hair is wrong. His lower section looks too small for his body and the short jacket cannot hide the diaper pants. It'd also of course re-use the single jointed elbows of the small figure when it could really do with double-jointed elbows for the way he holds those guns in the Police Shootout scene.

The Tech Noir version I would certainly buy. That longer jacket at least hides the diaper and he doesn't look awkward wielding the smaller guns, double-jointed elbows wouldn't be strictly necessary there. And quite simply the punk look would be more distinct from the T2 figure.
Adev do you know of any good UK stockists to pre order from please bro?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The only shops in the UK I've used are Forbidden Planet and staractionfigures. With exchange rates I'm usually better off ordering from the US or Hong Kong (for Hot Toys) so I just go with BBTS on NECA products.

Took this shot last night not bad but man do I wish they would give us straight legs double knees and elbows... Just makes no sense to me why some figures gets double elbows and some don't where T-800 really needs double elbows to achieve the shotgun over the shoulder look and the police shoot out guns pose.

16299619_10154950819034346_4863052181154796685_o.jpg

The only shops in the UK I've used are Forbidden Planet and staractionfigures. With exchange rates I'm usually better off ordering from the US or Hong Kong (for Hot Toys) so I just go with BBTS on NECA products.
Thanks bro 👌

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Their Police Shootout figure is probably the least impressive Arnie they've done IMO. Poor choice, I'm not sure I'd buy that. We know they'd just use the same sculpt again and it's not a very good one, the hair is wrong. His lower section looks too small for his body and the short jacket cannot hide the diaper pants. It'd also of course re-use the single jointed elbows of the small figure when it could really do with double-jointed elbows for the way he holds those guns in the Police Shootout scene.

The Tech Noir version I would certainly buy. That longer jacket at least hides the diaper and he doesn't look awkward wielding the smaller guns, double-jointed elbows wouldn't be strictly necessary there. And quite simply the punk look would be more distinct from the T2 figure.

Agreed. My favorites are the Tech Noir (all those heads), Pescadero, and Steel Mill/Final Battle. Police Shootout doesn't do much for me. He REALLY needs those double joints in atleast the arms.

man do I wish they would give us straight legs double knees and elbows... Just makes no sense to me why some figures gets double elbows and some don't where T-800 really needs double elbows to achieve the shotgun over the shoulder look and the police shoot out guns pose.

I saw Randy's response on twitter to your suggestion/question. :lol

You_Doodle_2017-01-26T18_52_13Z.jpg

Problem with that is, they are following a cookie cutter approach to the T-800. Every T2 Arnold has had the same base body for years. They haven't pursued any other approach that doesn't consist of a reused sculpt for the character.

It's not like they couldn't hide the double joints well either. They've proven time and time again that they can cleverly hide articulation joints within the sculpt. With Terminator, it's just lazy and penny pinching. You can tell they think that original sculpt is the bees knees and have no intention of moving forward. Probably have some weird reasoning like he should have limited movement because he's a robot. They need to retire this sculpt soon because frankly, it's getting old. They've milked it for as long as they can I think. The more you Frankenstein it, the worse it's going to look because the base was ALWAYS intended to be a sculpturesque figureine.

IMG_5646.JPGYou_Doodle_2017-01-26T19_08_52Z.jpg

We know what happens with a copy of a copy of a copy over time.

I can only imagine what an all new T2 Arnold would look like from them with the modern techniques they utilize. His posture would be straighter, he could hold his weapons in different positions, etc. etc.

Not this thing that only looks semi-natural posed one way.

Attachments

• You_Doodle_2017-01-26T19_06_14Z.jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-26T19_06_14Z.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Let's be realistic, this, and all Terminator releases outside of Genisys and Sarah Connor, for the past 5 years or so have been nothing but easy money making uses of existing work, and my guess is, whatever work they did to enhance the T2 sculpt for the Ultimate, they're able to roll that over to a 1/4 scale figure and have decided, why put more work into this when we can just sell it as is.

They're cashing in on the 3D release, and their 1/4 line is doing well so they just figured, why not Terminator also.

Agreed. My favorites are the Tech Noir (all those heads), Pescadero, and Steel Mill/Final Battle. Police Shootout doesn't do much for me. He REALLY needs those double joints in atleast the arms.

I saw Randy's response on twitter to your suggestion/question. :lol

View attachment 319367

Problem with that is, they are following a cookie cutter approach to the T-800. Every T2 Arnold has had the same base body for years. They haven't pursued any other approach that doesn't consist of a reused sculpt for the character.

It's not like they couldn't hide the double joints well either. They've proven time and time again that they can cleverly hide articulation joints within the sculpt. With Terminator, it's just lazy and penny pinching. You can tell they think that original sculpt is the bees knees and have no intention of moving forward. Probably have some weird reasoning like he should have limited movement because he's a robot. They need to retire this sculpt soon because frankly, it's getting old. They've milked it for as long as they can I think. The more you Frankenstein it, the worse it's going to look because the base was ALWAYS intended to be a sculpturesque figureine.

View attachment 319368View attachment 319371

We know what happens with a copy of a copy of a copy over time.

I can only imagine what an all new T2 Arnold would look like from them with the modern techniques they utilize. His posture would be straighter, he could hold his weapons in different positions, etc. etc.

Not this thing that only looks semi-natural posed one way.

Agreed but I bet you that they will make an whole new sculpt when the time comes to remake Wolf Predator and PredAlien...... As much as I love Predator I don't get why they can't give use double jointed Terminator figures and straight legs for All three T-800's.... But yet with Alien or Predator it's an no brainer to upgrade the figures.

I'd prefer the statue-like legs with no articulation than these. Not executed very well, which is a shame.

Agreed but I bet you that they will make an whole new sculpt when the time comes to remake Wolf Predator and PredAlien...... As much as I love Predator I don't get why they can't give use double jointed Terminator figures and straight legs for All three T-800's.... But yet with Alien or Predator it's an no brainer to upgrade the figures.

Because for some weird reason people can't get enough of the Alien and Predator creatures. It's like Hot Toys Iron Man and Stormtroopers I guess. I mean I know why colorful armored characters and creatures are popular, it's like candy, but I don't get why people want all the weird ones that are clogging up the stores. When I was younger, I did the same with the Star Wars clone troopers and regretted it. I wonder how long before these Iron Man, Alien, and Predator guys feel the same way. This Kenner thing is, well, interesting to say the least. When I was a kid, those dinky Alien and Predator lines did not seem very popular. I remember them peg warming at KB toys and Ames. They were NOT as popular as say Kenner Star Wars or Batman or Jurassic Park. I think the fact that they've done all these Aliens but not a proper Dark Knight Collection Kenner Batman homage or Power Arm Terminator shows where the brand loyalty lies despite the mentioned Kenner lines being waaaay more popular. Why they're being treated with such importance is strange. It's cynical, but I don't think this Kenner homage thing is really a homage to a great toy line as much as it is a reason to do a dozen alien and predators.

As a kid, there was only one good Alien and Predator figure and it was this one,

IMG_5650.JPG

In addition to getting a focused line with superior articulation and advancements in toy developments, I also hate how they frown upon making things from bad movies like T3 or Batman Forever but they'll jump on some lame ass AvP and Ressurecrion crap. There's something inherently sleazy and skimpy about the business decisions they make.

It's amazing. In the 90s and 2000s people complained, mocked and joked about the colorful Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine variations. They demanded film accurate looks. Now, with plenty of Big Chap, Xenomorph Warrior and Jungle Hunter to choose from, collectors are regressing to "Albino Concept Alien", and "glow in the dark Alien" and "blue beetleborg spitter alien" and Dark horse comic Predator! Very weird.

I'd have no problem with all those if they were atleast using some of that $$$ for legitimately new Terminator stuff. But they're not. I think it's a damn shame that they'll make all new versions of Aliens and Predators but the classic Endoskeleton (which I think is scarier and more iconic of the three) still gets a crappy, warped, brittle figure that they've been reusing since the mid-2000s back when it was Cult Classics. A line that NECA would never do today and claim was "too niche" (even though niche was their thing).

But hey, atleast we're going to get more figures from that Robocop vs. Terminator game! Repainted 2000s Robocop and Pescadero T-800 with an all new, newly tooled . . . robot dog! I bet they even make the huge Endoskeleton head boss!

IMG_5651.JPG

And if/when this doesn't sell (I don't see the motorcycle cop or this 1/4 Arnold or Robocop v Terminator doing gangbusters the stores around here aren't moving any of them), one day we'll see "the Terminator license just isn't popular enough". Well yeah, how many times can you reuse the same base figure and heads and still expect people to be hyped for it? For years people have been asking for 7" smaller versions of the big 18" ones. Goes back to the Robocop, Beetlejuice, Endoskeleton and Patrick Bateman days. But to start with a 7" figure and blow it up to 18" and the only new thing is an ab crunch? That seems backwards.

Hopefully I eat crow with a John Connor or a new Endo or Kyle Reese at Toy Fair, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Pretty much agree with everything you said Difabio. It's a shame NECA doesn't give Terminator the same quality/care that goes into their other licenses. I'm still grateful that we are getting this, but as you stated, how many times are we going to see the same figure recycled over and over again? It's ridiculous really. I do think we're in store for a few surprises though. The endo arm they teased a while back has got to be for John Connor.

I was just thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it's going to be to get this guy to stand up. Especially with the weird legs and the weight of the mini gun. They need to start including some sort of stand with these larger figures.

I still have that AvP Kenner 2pack, both MIB and loose, I still love it.

I wouldn't buy any of the NECA Homages though, only the blue Alien because that one look gnarly and I intend to put him in a levitating meditation pose :lol

I would never order anything from Bbts again. Their customer service is a joke.

I've never had a problem with BBTS. Shipping is really slow though I will admit. Never had to deal with customer service though so not sure.

I would never order anything from Bbts again. Their customer service is a joke.
Huh? They've sent me broken figure replacements a couple times without asking twice and I'm not in the US, and both times they let me keep the broken figure, they've even let me PO stuff one time I didn't have a debit card.

I've tried other online stores in the US and at least for US-made stuff, for me, as an international buyer, it's easily the best one.

Back