Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gordon Freeman figure is really cool.

View attachment 283630
:lol :clap did you make that dio? It's awesome.

It's a gorgeous figure, a bit chunky but I don't mind that. I even got a couple MP7's sub machine guns from AmiAmi, I hope they're not too small for him.

41%2BF295rRZL.jpg

The Chell figure is ok, it's pretty much a portal gun holder :lol and that portal gun is amazing. I wonder now why are light-up eyes so expensive nowadays? A 20 dollar figure has a light up portal gun and it's bright as ****.

:lol :clap did you make that dio? It's awesome.

It's a gorgeous figure, a bit chunky but I don't mind that. I even got a couple MP7's sub machine guns from AmiAmi, I hope they're not too small for him.

41%2BF295rRZL.jpg

The Chell figure is ok, it's pretty much a portal gun holder :lol and that portal gun is amazing. I wonder now why are light-up eyes so expensive nowadays? A 20 dollar figure has a light up portal gun and it's bright as ****.

Thanks, yeah I made it. There are more pics of it over in the Vector Cave thread in show your shelves (shameless plug for my own thread) :monkey3

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ctor-cave-update-kotobukiya-cloud-city-2.html

Very cool MP7's. They should be fine as long as they are 1/10 scale.

4560247870454_00_1024x1024.jpgSome company called PressPop Toys apparently dropped a set of Public Enemy figures at SDCC. Wonder what this could mean for NECA licensing John Connor's t-shirt.

Got an email update today from an eBay seller about the Ultimate Tech Noir and Police Station figures. They said stock has finally entered the UK and they expect to them delivery by Thursday. So depending on when they receive and dispatch them to customers (pre-orders are handled first), I should finally have mine by next week. :pray:

This has been a long painful wait and I demand free beer and women as compensation. :lol

Ultimate Terminator - Police Station by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found mine today at the local collectables shop. Didn't expect to find him so soon. Here's my initial thoughts-

No stuck joints for once. All of them moved freely, some seem to be lubricated.

If you can, compare the sunglasses in the store. Some that I saw seemed to have plastic missing on one side and looked uneven. And they are nice and glossy, not a flat finish like we feared.

The alternate heads do not want to pop on, they are extremely tight. I will have to hollow out the neck sockets on them some.

Guns are all hard plastic :yess: Not soft like the tech noir rubber guns.

Both pairs of hands are far better quality than the ultimate Tech Noir hands.
(as a side note, my alternate left hand for my tech noir turned out to be defective and cracked apart, and NECA CS has me on wait list for a replacement since they don't have any replacements in for some reason.)

Heads all look decent, I like how they have the paler skin as he does in the movie. I will be repainting the hair and the blood on them though.

Stay tuned, I'll hopefully have some loose pics next week.

if Neca did everything they do now a decade earlier, i might never get into HT collecting at all :clap

I said something similar in another thread - if McFarlane had made an ED-209 I wouldn't have bought the Hot Toys one. That was my first 1:6 item.

However I would have jumped in at some point regardless, probably when MMS117 was revealed.

I said something similar in another thread - if McFarlane had made an ED-209 I wouldn't have bought the Hot Toys one. That was my first 1:6 item.
wow you started big :)

However I would have jumped in at some point regardless, probably when MMS117 was revealed.
and i might not, because my main interest those days were predators and aliens, and HT variants were ugly. McFarlane predators were uglier than HT ones, so i jumped to 1/6. but if Neca presented their ones back then, there would be no need to switch to inaccurate but expensive HT.

I gotta be honest, even though I've pretty much written off Hot Toys, a part of me always wants to see a new classic T1 or T2 figure pop up from them. It's sad how half assed the MMS 238 is when we know they're capable of doing better. Kyle Reese should have been a given years ago and you would think the original Endoskeleton would be important to them since that's like the face of this brand.

Wish they'd do more. It's a blessing and a bummer. I mean I'm happy we got what we did, especially the Tech Noir and DX 13, but there's just so many things they could do that would make collecting Terminator fun again. It sucks that they wasted their time and money on the Genisys Arnold and horse smiling Endo. That coulda been Kyle Reese and the original Endoskeleton!

Hell, at this point I wouldn't even care if they did another T1 or T2 Arnold. I know I was against it before, but I want to see something new, something that reinvigorates the line.

I wish NECA would do something big too instead of just new legs and such. I mean I'm grateful that atleast they're doing something since other companies aren't, but I just got this feeling the Terminator brand and merchandise is gonna die. It feels too soon.

I was throwing some spare NECA facehuggers into my storage box the other night and looked at the old McFarlane Predators and Aliens. None of them have aged well but the Predators frustrated the hell out of me even at the time. It never made sense to me how they couldn't do the dreadlocks properly, instead going with those ugly short clumps. The biomasks on the P1 and P2 were truly awful and when they brought in more articulation it looked absolutely horrendous with some of the most bizarre choices I've seen to this day.

That damn short leg issue, you can see it on this figure aswell. FS NECA will you sort this out :gah:

Yep, I didn't notice until after I posted. Not as bad as Sarah, but yes one leg is a hair longer than the other. Exactly like Ultimate Tech Noir. At least they both stand up pretty well despite that issue.

I really hope we see some more terminator from NECA, especially Kyle Reese. I'd love to have a T1 Sarah, but Randy doesn't think she is toyetic enough to sell.

I gotta be honest, even though I've pretty much written off Hot Toys, a part of me always wants to see a new classic T1 or T2 figure pop up from them. It's sad how half assed the MMS 238 is when we know they're capable of doing better. Kyle Reese should have been a given years ago and you would think the original Endoskeleton would be important to them since that's like the face of this brand.

Wish they'd do more. It's a blessing and a bummer. I mean I'm happy we got what we did, especially the Tech Noir and DX 13, but there's just so many things they could do that would make collecting Terminator fun again. It sucks that they wasted their time and money on the Genisys Arnold and horse smiling Endo. That coulda been Kyle Reese and the original Endoskeleton!

Hell, at this point I wouldn't even care if they did another T1 or T2 Arnold. I know I was against it before, but I want to see something new, something that reinvigorates the line.

I wish NECA would do something big too instead of just new legs and such. I mean I'm grateful that atleast they're doing something since other companies aren't, but I just got this feeling the Terminator brand and merchandise is gonna die. It feels too soon.

I'm no longer actively hoping for new stuff from them. My interest has dropped off in accordance with their lack of output. They obviously never saw Kyle Reese, T2 John or T1 Sarah as viable releases and it seems they're happy with the Arnold figures they've done and/or don't think there'd be sufficient demand for 2.0/3.0/4.0s

Neither am I all that interested in customs and kitbashes anymore. I still haven't ordered either of those John Connors and I'm not sure I care all that much. High end pricing and 1:6 pricing even from lesser companies is pretty off-putting to me now.

Would my mood change back if Hot Toys did show something new from T1 or T2? Yeah, quite possibly. I could easily see it setting me on the course of wanting to upgrade all my variants with the new parts (if they were an improvement). As time goes on this seems less likely to be anything I have to worry about though.

Yep, I didn't notice until after I posted. Not as bad as Sarah, but yes one leg is a hair longer than the other. Exactly like Ultimate Tech Noir. At least they both stand up pretty well despite that issue.

I really hope we see some more terminator from NECA, especially Kyle Reese. I'd love to have a T1 Sarah, but Randy doesn't think she is toyetic enough to sell.

Neither was Newt and yet she was rightly deemed important to complete the hive scene in Aliens. I hope they'll take the same view of T2 John and T1 Sarah - that for completion they ought to find a way to get them made - at least in some limited capacity like Newt. Newt will apparently be seeing a further release so it'll be interesting to see what form that takes and if it could also apply to Sarah and John.

With different versions of Reese, an eye surgery T-800 and Bike-Chase T-800 (closed jacket) there's still a lot NECA could do with T1 but I get the feeling they just aren't as interested as they are with T2.

Both my ultimate T1 T-800 arrived Friday. Perfect paint applications and no dodgy joints across both so far. I actually have the older version of Tech Noir from a few years ago, and the Tanker Truck Pursuit release as well - not sure about the latter but it seems the paint on the Tech Noir face has been improved over the previous release?

Nonetheless, very happy with them and proud to have all the Terminator ultimates in my collection.

These Ultimate editions are priced at $39.99 CAN at TRU. The prices are so ****ing ridiculous for the product your purchasing. Is like buying a Big Mac for $50.
The two pack ALIENS is $89.99 and Alien 6 pack Eggs are $39.00. Who the **** is going to buy six eggs for $40?? And two figure for $100

NOTE: Arcade Robocop, TS and other NECA figures are discounting at $14.98. The price these figures should be!

I got into the terminator line recently and got all the ultimates and an endo, I love them and all are perfect. The tech nor I found was absolutely flawless and looks incredible in hand. I bought Sarah online after not liking the ones I saw in store at tru due to sloppy paint and the one I got was perfect too, even the paint on her glasses were great. Now all I need is Reese but not sure I'll get him from the reviews I've seen, what do you guys think of Reese? Now I'm really hoping John gets made to complete my terminator collection.

Back