Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reese is only alright to be honest. Likeness isn't great and the leg stance isn't very good and makes him prone to falling over. We're hoping for some sort of Ultimate for him which could include switch out arms and jacket for the coat he wears in the last part of the film.

Probably something we'll never see but would be an awesome addition to the line: Resistance fighters. Aside from Reese there's a lot of room for generic faces with no likeness (unless they're covered up with gear like the WY commandos) which I imagine is something NECA wouldn't want to do.

tumblr_l1nxg44usQ1qa7qbyo1_500.jpg

latest

I imagine the sales and the interest of Reese were not that strong to begin with for Randy to not want to pursue another figure of him.

Insane to think they did the Weyland Yutani Commandos but we'll never get a resistance fighter Reese, or General John Connor or Tech Com Resistance fighters.

Predator and Alien seem to be bigger sellers - or at least you'd get that impression from how extensive those two NECA lines have been compared to Terminator. Terminator had been on a bit of a hiatus before the first T2 Ultimate to a point where I assumed it was dead yet I don't think Predator ever took a break.

Randy is willing to make figures from Alien and Predator films he personally hates - Alien 3/Resurrection/the AvPs - but he won't touch T3, T:Salvation or T:TSCC - so that says it all really. He'd pursue them if he thought enough people would buy them. I can't really say if he's right or wrong on this although the Genisys figures are still readily available at retail and will probably be clearanced at some point.....

I just watched a vid that discussed some of this stuff. Guess we're not alone. :lol

I didn't know the Tech Noirs arms pop out that easy. ****, I might get an extra Ultimate Tech Noir and Police shootout and make the tea pot photo shoot Arnold.

I'm 4 minutes into that video and so far I disagree with the guy. Randy did not in any way disrespect people who like Alien 3 or Resurrection. I'm reading the exact quotes he provides as his evidence in that video and all I see is Randy giving his own opinion. If he had added ''and you're an idiot for liking Alien 3'' then I'd understand, but he didn't....anyway, resuming now....

edit - Fair enough though some of his responses do call people morons and pieces of ***t. Even if they deserve it maybe the head of a company should avoid that kind of communication - but FFS he's allowed not like a movie and say it, and he isn't disrespecting people who do like said movie merely by saying that he doesn't.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't get the Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection stuff. That didn't seem
insulting on NECA's part. It is curious though how Randy hates those movies and claims he only does what he likes or wants to do, and yet we see those movie figures pop up anyway.

Talking **** on Art Asylum, minimates and block figures (fellow companies) is kinda messed up too. Funny seeing two different toy companies argue online though. :lol

Last edited:
What do you think about the arm sockets. I had no idea they could pop out without cracking the torso open.

No of course not, I didn't mean it was a bad thing.

Since the tech noir and police shootout have the same torso and legs, I kinda want to swap arms and the rubber jackets to make this,

image.jpeg

Also makes me wonder if jungle hunter Dutch's arms pop out easily, maybe make the eye surgery scene.

I thought about those recently but there's problems -

1) teapot T-800's jacket is closed.
2) Dutch is wearing a watch and the paint won't match the T-800 head/neck.

I don't care about the jacket. I think the leather jacket with open gloves would look cool with the long hair and 80s neon shirt design.

Yeah the arms wouldn't match. Makes me wonder why Predator and Rocky are the only ones that got the flesh tone treatment while the likes of Terminator, Superman and other humans get cast in black or blue plastic.

From the Alien thread

New Neca Sdcc Interview was uploaded to Youtube today.

Definitely worth the listen, here's the highlight for Aliens fans:

Possible Prometheus "Lost Wave" when Alien Covenant line starts up. Would contain: Shaw, Vickers and Monster Fifield! - matter of time, with everything that's going on where to fit it all in.

Holy **** that would be awesome!

Terminator-relevant stuff from 25:00

-No mention of John Connor

-T2 3D a ''small'' line, rebranding and repackaging

-talk of Kenner from 27:17, says they might do some when they exhaust the movies

-27:50 Randy wants to do the half Arnie/half machine poster

-28:20 He says he'd love to do an 'arrival' T-800

Disappointing on one hand, suddenly the anniversary line doesn't sound as exciting as I previously allowed myself to believe. But the Kenner talk onwards is interesting.

They made it seem like it was going to be a big deal months ago at Toy Fair, don't beat yourself up.

I just watched a vid that discussed some of this stuff. Guess we're not alone. :lol

I didn't know the Tech Noirs arms pop out that easy. ****, I might get an extra Ultimate Tech Noir and Police shootout and make the tea pot photo shoot Arnold.

The dude's pretty much crying, Randy didn't insult him, and an opinion can be a statement :lol even though I agree with the dude on Alien 3.

I don't know much about "Randy", I'm not that involved in that sort of stuff, but it seems pretty cool to me he engages that much with us, unless he's a dbag, is he known for being a dbag?

Edit: I watched past 5 minutes of the video :lol I see his point, nevermind.

Oh wow, he is a dbag :lol

Last edited:
Honestly I don't really care about that dbaggy stuff. As you brought up it is really cool that we can get so much information from the company head via twitter. I far prefer this over the alternative with a company like Hot Toys.

And as for the screengrab at 0:24 in that video - ''openly doesn't give a s*** about things that aren't 80s movies.....is somehow applauded and praised for this'' - uhhh, yeah I applaud and praise them and I make no apology for it. Hot Toys makes the flavour of the week crap and they can keep it. I want my 80s stuff. So yeah, no complaints whatsover from me if that's what Randy wants to focus on.

''Passive-aggressively makes dolls of characters they didn't want to do'' - and if you wanted those dolls that's a bad thing because......?? He's making them, who cares what he says about the movie itself.

And is that Alien 3 thing really what prompted this video? The fact he lead with it would suggest that it is - and he is plainly wrong on that one. Randy calling Alien 3 ''unforgivable'' does not in any way disparage those who like the film. He doesn't like the film, he thinks it's unforgivable. Big deal. Again, he's still making the figures for you.

Now, the QC stuff is a bit more worthy of discussion - I've not had anything so bad as the initial T-1000 release back in 2010 so I'm gonna say this area has improved, but that's just me. True though - it's not as perfect as we would like

-Ultimate Terminators with guns warped in package
-Ultimate Terminators with one leg shorter than the other
-Aliens with crooked jaws/stuck jaws
-Aliens with warped legs
-Aliens with ill-fitted domes

etc etc

Last edited:
The thing I found hypocritical about the video is that he says he felt insulted because Randy called Alien 3 (his favorite) "unforgivable", yet in this video he says he would rather have a Aliens Ripley in jacket rather than an Alien 4 Ripley because "Alient 4 wasn't that great." So he's guilty of the exact same thing he's accusing Randy of which is simply having an opinion.

As someone who's personally met and hung out with Randy, the guy's great. He's laid back, nice, and has a great sense of humor. He's gotta deal with a lot of **** from indigent fans, and he puts up with it. That's something that he doesn't have to do, all of his internet correspondence is on him and his time. It's not part of his job qualifications or title at NECA. He chooses to go above and beyond in communication. Sure it brings in sales and attention to the country, absolutely, but you could easily hire a social media intern to do all this.
I'm not gonna say he can't be brash or defend everything he's ever said like some of the people on Twitter (and a lot of it is pandering, and cringe-worthy), but we all can be rude one way or another.

Back