Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

maybe i need new glasses, but i think my t1 police assault arnie, looks like arnie, i'm happy with it.

The old T2 looks way more like Arnie. The pictures you posted from T1 remind him, not more.
Saying he looks like Arnie doesnt reflect the truth.
Maybe you have a bad one or the photos arent natural enough or the scuplt is just bad. Its hard to say but he definitely doesnt look like arnie on your pictures.

huge differences sometimes.
One figure looks great, the second mediacore and the third like crap.Necas QC isnt the best, luck is all we need. :rotfl

A example

The First
41620974.jpg

The second

55937535.jpg

two dead eyes, lol.
Even small differences in paint can mess up everything

with the 18" Predator the same game, denture positioned completely different on every figure..
Paint on the forehead varies greatly and, and, and.
Never seen so big diffrences on a neca figure before.
I had already eight "closed mouth" predators. At the moment i have three. I can post pictures tomorrow to show how big the differences are.

it seems maybe one of our banned buddies, mite have difted back in.

The Differences are very bad.
I think the T1 Arnies look not like Arnie.
The likeness ist not so good.

@dr.brown, what you mean with denture ?

is the series 2 out yet at Toys R Us.. i see them up on ebay and amazon

I hope Neca produce with Series 2 new Series 1 Figures with better Paint Job and Quality control.
The Quality control on the Tech Noit T-800 is catastrophic.

I saw two figures with lots of bright and dark spots on face.

At your Tech Noir Battle Damaged T-800's bloody eye is painted right?
On many images is also blood on the nose, this is wrong.

Has an idea how to use the glasses as shown in this video could repainted ?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpJZ_2gWQRY[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlGmG_wYvAk&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT42hGfFeOg&feature=related[/ame]

I like the sculpts on the BD Tech Noir and the T-1000 - dead-on. Not so much the Police Shootout T-800. The hair might aswell be the T2 style, just isn't long enough for T1 from what I can tell in pics and vids. The warped T-1000 stabbing fingers are no surprise whatsoever.

I was ___king terrified watching him do the articulation demonstration, particularly on the T-1000. This is why I got pretty annoyed in the predator threads when I effectively got accused of mishandling my figures causing them to break - compared to the guy in these videos I'm a paranoid freak about using the articulation. My T-1000s joints just crumbled under far less roughness than that guy appeared to put his under.

Last edited:

Have you an idea how the man in the Video repainted the glasses if the Police Shootout ?

Well he said he simply used black gloss nail-polish. Sounds pretty easy.

Gotta reiterate I love the sculpts on these - pretty much dead-on T-800/T-1000. Still not sure about the Police Shootout version but I still don't have it so....

What is black gloss nail-polish ?

Makes he this Repaint with a brush ?

I no understod why Neca make the sunglasses not glossy like the Pesacdero Escape.

The Likeness and the Joints of the Polise Shootout are not so pretty.

Was a TRU about an hour ago. I don't keep up with these but after reading this thread I see that I saw series 2. They look rather nice. The one thing I didn't like were the Police Station glasses. They look like a block of matte plastic, which is what they are they just didn't look good.

I picked up the police shootout T-800 and the T-1000 today.

The T-1000 is a Christmas gift so I have to wait for him but the T-800 is fantastic!!! Great likeness and the paint was pretty good. I love the bullet wounds on him from where he got shot during the most epic pork roast ever!

It'll be cool to be able to set up the car chase T-800 out of the BD Tech Noir figure - where his eyebrows are burnt off but both his eyes are still there in working order and he uses that police shotgun. So far I have no representation of that brief 'look' in my collection. Granted he won't be sitting in a car but whatever.

The one thing I didn't like were the Police Station glasses. They look like a block of matte plastic, which is what they are they just didn't look good.

Hmm. And yet the T2 ones looked just fine. Yeah obviously they're not translucent but they're gloss black at least. Should be an easy fix though - gloss black paint :dunno And I'll have another use for that - the gauntlets on HT Batman.

I picked up the police shootout T-800 and the T-1000 today.

The T-1000 is a Christmas gift so I have to wait for him but the T-800 is fantastic!!! Great likeness and the paint was pretty good. I love the bullet wounds on him from where he got shot during the most epic pork roast ever!

congrats. i really like mine too. the series 2 has better paint ,then series 1 from the one's i've seen and have.

My T-800 has good joints too. No problem posing or fearing breakage.

I had a T-1000 from the T2 series that had his arm break off the first time I handled him. I just glued him back together but I was disappointed. It was my first major QC problem with NECA and I have bought a lot of NECA (It was my main focus in my low end collection instead of spamming super heroes)

Back