Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the earlier released 18" endo which has an orange flame at the bottom of the box. Not sure about the packaging on the rerelease but I do know for definite that mine is not the rerelease. I saw the rerelease in Forbidden Planet, was tempted to get it but for me it wasn't enough of an improvement to bother, plus some had wonky jaws.

Now that Terminator Series 2 is out, and fantastic, I think NECA needs to plan, or announce if they have been planning, Series 3 & 4. I entered this in the wrong thread yesterday by accident, but here are my ideas:

Series 3: Split Torso Steel Mill T-1000, Frozen Steel Mill T-1000, Full BD T1 T-800.
Series 4: BD Sarah Connor T-1000 with feet melding with floor and hole in stomach, Surprised T-1000(shot with grenade launcher, before Pretzel Man), Kyle Reese 1984 and 2029.
I would also like to see a NECA Pretzel Man T-1000 in comparison to McFarlane's version.
Next, I think it is time that NECA makes a T2 Diorama: T-800 and Frozen T-1000 on the ground "Hasta La Vista, Baby" scene.
For the most part, they are varriations of existing figures.

I really treasure that old McFarlane Pretzel man figure. Personally I don't think NECA will do that one - they'd really have to do new legs aswell as obviously a new upper section because the current legs would never hold it up with their close stance. So an entirely new figure where NECA prefers to recycle parts.

I'm with you on the diorama's idea but....again, the days of NECA diorama box sets are possibly over. I've love a bunch of steel mill related dios though to recreate the various T-1000/T-800 smackdowns.

Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Yn7Uc.jpg

Truth is, so do I. I have my Mcfarlane Pretzel Man on the shelf with all my NECA T-1000s, but I feel they would add articulated elbows and a ball joint head, plus better color on the liquid metal. But I know you're right, NECA loves to recycle parts. Pretzel Man was kind of an afterthought, a dream. If nothing else, I want those listed in my Series 3&4. As for the diorama, they could easily sell two diffedrent figures in the kneeling position(T-1000 with broken off limbs). Don't actually need a complete "Box," but the ability to put the scene together properly. Also, I really thought that they could have made the Frozen T-1000 a SDCC Exclusive just like the Liquid Metal T-1000 SDCC Exclusive, a different paint application on a figure from the current line, but they missed their opportunity on that one...

I saw these figures for the first time in person last night. Not very impressive (going by first impressions on initial look). Paint looks average or below average. I will still purchase the two t-800 (T1) but will pass on the T-1000.

I had to cancel my orders for the latest wave. Though I will definitely reorder as soon as I possibly can, I don't want to miss these, shoddy paint or not. I still love my 7" collection of Terminator figures.

I saw these things for the first time, too, yesterday. The paint is really pretty bad and the likeness on the T-1000's undamaged head is somehow significantly worse than the first two T-1000 figures.

I saw these things for the first time, too, yesterday. The paint is really pretty bad and the likeness on the T-1000's undamaged head is somehow significantly worse than the first two T-1000 figures.

The other day I was looking at figures from my stored boxes. I happened to come across NECA Hellraiser “Angelique”.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101303a.htm

I was so impressed at how good and clean her paint application was on her face. Eye and lip make-up everything to the “T”!!!

Agreed..the undamaged T-1000 head looked like crap. But after owning the Hot Toys version who cares....I will not display this 7 inch figure.

Hot Toys are my new interest and what I display. Most if not all of my NECA purchases remain in package. I have no interest in opening 7 inch figures. My interest is knowing I own it (I know crazy). Having said that I will be making the Terminator purchase.

I really like the second Terminator series and I've got these puppies on display at the moment. The paint apps are much better than the first series.

The paint on ones I've seen do appear to have neater paint. I did have to pass on these in favor of the new predators!

I never saw any of those, but wave 2 looked amazingly bad at TRU yesterday.

Saw the new wave, and cannot say the paint apps look any better. Almost picked up the Terminator with black jacket and glasses, but wasnt that blown away. NECA dropped the ball with these, IMO

Last edited:
Back