Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Could someone post here packaging photo of T2 Steel Mill T-1000 from Neca twitter because I cant see that there.

Found the T-800 and Endo at TRU and FYE yesterday. Didn't pick them up but the paint wasn't as bad on the Tech Noir T-800 as I thought. Looked as good (or bad) as their T2 stuff at least. The Endo looked good and the headsculpt is so much better than the last. I really want to pick this one up. That being said though one of the Endo's had the red paint almost completely missing on one of his eyes. There was a small red dot the size of a pin head and you had to squint to see it.

I picked up Tech Noir T-800 and Moto-Cop T-1000 today at FYE in NE Phila PA. I have to say as far as paint slop goes they are no where near as bad as I thought considering all the negative posts about it. The only issues I really saw were some unevenness of the black between the helmet and visor on the T-1000 and they had 4 of them, all like that. And on the T-800 the face/hand paint is very pale, way too pale. Maybe he's the ghost of T-800! Another thing that is odd is they used a black chain on the coat. The new Endo is awesome, really great. Head sculpt and paint so much improved over the prior one. I would have picked it up if I did not already have the other one. Oh and I got a Neca BD 12" T-800 there for $15 on clearance! Glad I waited.

Jay

Last edited:

Picked up the tech noir and biker cop yesterday in a movie store. Honestly after all the negative nancy posts on here I was expecting literal ____, but after seeing them in person they all looked pretty good. The bodies of the T800's are very nice, however the eyebrows and hairline are indeed messy. The biker cop T-1000 has weird looking glasses, and the paint on the right side of his helmet is a little sloppy, but nothing compared to what I've heard. The new endoskeletons looked ace too, I love the new headsculpt and the "chrome" is nicely done. I just wish they would redo the terrible thigh articulation!

I customized the T2 Endo by trimming down the length of the piston pipe along the thighs to get more articulation there. It helped, but now that thing's basically junk as he's sitting in a pile with the other T2 figures I collected. I picked up one of each character last year at SDCC (and got the exclusive) -- and at this point, the only two that are still in perfect condition are Arnie and the liquid metal T-1000.

I kind of think I'm getting out of NECA's Termie stuff, but maybe checking my local FYE and seeing that Endo will change my mind. If he's cool enough, I might get one just to display solo. Same goes for the NECA Predators. I'll collect everything they release from the classic movies, while selling the Super-Preds and the botched Classic. Paint apps are too 'meh' and the designs aren't worth the disappointment to me. Bring on all the P1, P2, A1, A2, and A3 stuff, though! :D

First off, I'm glad I found this thread. Now, regarding the Tech Noir T-800, I was wondering: can anyone could recommend a particular paint to touch-up Arnold's hair? My figure's hair isn't too bad overall other than being a tad on the too lightly painted side, but there's a tiny flesh-colored speck on the right side of his hair that seems to standout, especially when my desk light is on in the evening. So, if anyone can recommend a particular model paint for this touch-up job, I would be very grateful.

Regarding the T-800 Endo, I actually prefer the McFarlane Movie Maniacs Endo to NECA's latest effort. Compared to the McFarlane version, the NECA Endo looks more like a Hasbro toy or a cheap, "play-ready" figure. Even my wife commented that the NECA Endo looks cheap. I'm not sure if it's the paint or the plastic used, but I'm just not impressed. However, in the interest of full disclosure, I did pick up two of the NECA Endos because I wanted the plasma rifles for my McFarlane Endo.

Now that I have two plasma rifles, my McFarlane Endo matches my life-size Sideshow Endo version 2.0. :yess:

Last edited:

Hoping to avail the new endo. I would like to compare it to McFarlane's version as well.

Bought two Tech Noir Ahnulds and one cop t1000 - I have the carded movie maniacs endo, so I am good there

Is the battle damage Tech noir and Ahnuld in glasses in wave 2? saw 3 cases and those two not included

Paint apps on Cop T1000 seemed good. Tech Noir Ahnuld ranged from acceptable to bad...not truly awful, but bad

I reduced my order of these to 2 Tech Noir, 1 biker T-1000 and 1 endoskeleton. I originally had 3 Tech Noirs and 3 bikers ordered. I'm spending so much money on higher end stuff at the moment plus the reports of crappy paint and my experiences of p!$$poor QC on T2 series 3 has dulled my enthusiasm for these. I still 'just about' want them for competist sake but not in the quantities I bought the previous T2 ones.

Still looking forward to the Police Station Shootout T-800 though especially considering HT haven't done (a new) one yet.

Still looking forward to the Police Station Shootout T-800 though especially considering HT haven't done (a new) one yet.

This. Can't wait for it. But they would look nice displayed together on a shelf. C'mon HT! Get your act together!:panic:

Huh. Looks like the standard Tech Noir figure to me and I wasn't aware of any variant or anything - not sure why anyone is looking to pay over the RRP for this one.

Huh. Looks like the standard Tech Noir figure to me and I wasn't aware of any variant or anything - not sure why anyone is looking to pay over the RRP for this one.

That's why I was confused. There is no variant, nor does it say so in the auction...Better get it while you can I guess.

received the Terminator 1 figures today and was deeply disappointed by the poor facial likeness and paint on the Tech Noir, and the Endoskeleton came broken you can see the back parts came off and are like flapping like bat wings whenever I pose the figure.

o8as7n.jpg

r86seu.jpg

now what I want and need to know is will the police shootout have the same kind of head as the Pescadero escape where there is some unnatural chunk of skin bulging at the sides to accomodate the sunglasses handles?

i sold all my NECA toys, i really have issues with their paint jobs. Honestly, I can do better than what they produce. I understand they are trying to give quality for a cheap price, but it is ridiculous. and one really has to search for the best figure out of a lot. I rather spend my money on Hot Toys because i know what i will get. It is too bad to because NECA has so much potential with all their lines. I hope that Square Enix Play Arts will produce Terminator and Alien figures. There stuff is ridiculously good for 9 inch scale

i sold all my NECA toys, i really have issues with their paint jobs. Honestly, I can do better than what they produce. I understand they are trying to give quality for a cheap price, but it is ridiculous. and one really has to search for the best figure out of a lot. I rather spend my money on Hot Toys because i know what i will get. It is too bad to because NECA has so much potential with all their lines. I hope that Square Enix Play Arts will produce Terminator and Alien figures. There stuff is ridiculously good for 9 inch scale

I really prefer the 7" scale for such figures. Figures larger than that remind me of dolls and kind of give me the creeps.

I recently discovered that if I don't like the paintjobs on these figures, it's easy enough & actually pretty fun just to touch them up or repaint them myself. After all, the sculpts are pretty fantastic.

i was really anticipating the release of these figures only to be disappointed by the crappy paint jobs....arnold looks horrible dosent even look like him

Back