Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Kobe, what kind of model paint do you use. enamel? acyrilic?

Heads up for any one looking for Terminator Series 1 at Toys R Us. I discovered that Toys R Us doesn't put their NECA Terminator figures with the rest of the NECA figures in the same isle. Instead, TRU tossed them on the same pegs as their Playmates Terminator Salvation junk the next isle or 2 over. I found 3 sets of Terminator Series 1 over their with the peg stickers so I know it wasn't just misplaced product but a conscience descision by TRU to place the NECA figures with the Playmates trash.
After I sorted through the set I wanted, I took the remaining NECA figures back to the NECA isle and hung them up on an empty peg. Remember, if Series 1 & 2 sell well enough, Reese will be in Series 3. I don't want both casual figure collectors and NECA Terminator fans to miss out on series 1 just because TRU stupidly decided to place these figures with the junky Salvation figures.

o8as7n.jpg

For the love of god NECA this looks horrendous! :slap

The 'junky' playmates stuff probably has better paint apps!

Sorry PharOOO, I know we want Reese to be made but if he's gonna look like the above I'm half thinking why bother at all?

yeah what really bugs me is when I go look at Gears of War figures the new ones like a Kuntus and Skorge and they look perfect as can be with paint applications. is it something with human skin because this is going to scare me getting Reese and the Rambo/Rocky figures coming up?

also can someone ask the NECA why we are not getting a Sarah figure when they are churning T-1000s out like Hispanic women making babies?

Trust me, a-dev. I'm terribly disappointed with NECA's recent paint applications as much as the other guys but I still would love a Reese in 6 inch figure form. NECA is still my favorite figure company but with each new wave of figures, it becomes more and more difficult to repeat that. But, I'll still stick with NECA unless they do something insane like begin casting their figures in colored plastic then I'm out. However, for now, I can only hope NECA gets their act together and gives us good well painted products again.

Trust me, a-dev. I'm terribly disappointed with NECA's recent paint applications as much as the other guys but I still would love a Reese in 6 inch figure form. NECA is still my favorite figure company but with each new wave of figures, it becomes more and more difficult to repeat that. But, I'll still stick with NECA unless they do something insane like begin casting their figures in colored plastic then I'm out. However, for now, I can only hope NECA gets their act together and gives us good well painted products again.

yes it is sicking ,to have such great sculpts and characters we love,
ruined by such sloppy paint work.it seems to be getting worse with each line made.

The lips look good surprisingly and the skin actually looks like its got some different tones to it but the eyes, eyebrows and hair look brutal. For me the eyes just ruin the whole thing.

Acrylic. I went to a local RPG store (Warhammer type place) and bought some Vallejo & Citadel paints. The staff at the store were helpful in giving hints on how to mix certain colors, and the rest I've learned from either my own experiences or YouTube.

I'm currently about to work on a McFarlane T-1000 and actually paint his uniform the right color vs. that dark blue they chose. Then I'm going to go all out and paint the liquid metal with an actual chrome paint.

Last edited:

Why is it that every other license Neca seems to do, the paint apps turn out pretty good, but when it comes to Terminator the paint apps are straight up garbage. :dunno

Last edited:

You forgot Predator.
I do not understand either.
Especially with terminator and predator would have to agree the quality.

so those who have the good fortune of getting the ones with bad paint, are you ashamed to display them and have your family and friends comment on them?

so those who have the good fortune of getting the ones with bad paint, are you ashamed to display them and have your family and friends comment on them?
i never displayed mine,
i sold mine at a loss.

My international confidential secretary thought the new T-800 endo looked pretty cheap compared to the McFarlane version. I'm going to repaint this NECA endo though once I finish repainting some other figures.

You forgot Predator.
I do not understand either.
Especially with terminator and predator would have to agree the quality.

True. Their predator toys looked like crap too, except the 1:4 scale pred. I Hope Neca's paint apps get better, especially with the new Rockyand Rambo Figures on the way.

For the love of god NECA this looks horrendous! :slap

The 'junky' playmates stuff probably has better paint apps!

Sorry PharOOO, I know we want Reese to be made but if he's gonna look like the above I'm half thinking why bother at all?

man that photo does not do it justest, the flash kills it.

check out this vid [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs8roiiCVk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs8roiiCVk[/ame]

The flash totally kills this figure for sure, the paint apps on the head could be better on this one sure but, its a pass IMO. The Predator figures i've bought so far, classic Pred and battle damage classic with bio look great and the paint apps on them are well done.

Alright, he does look better in the video. That flash photo totally eradicated the likeness. In the video it was back, somehow it looked like Arnold again.

Back