Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have continued to mod my Sparrow into a Curse version. Here are a few latest pics. Thanks to Maulfan for the excellent reference.
So far, I have. Cut & painted the hair, repositioned hair parts, Aged & dusted up boots, swapped out vest and pants for Medi ones, aged and weathered them quite a lot and did some major futzing. Not there yet, but getting closer. And here are some pics of my re-colored, weathered coat, I have done a lot more to it since the pics.. Hope you like so far(sorry for crappy iPhone pics)..

6-7.jpg
4-7.jpg
2-8.jpg
3-9.jpg
5-6.jpg

Going for this look:

jacksparrow7.jpg

God damn you rory! You always have to do it dont you! You always have to go and make me jealous!:lol
But seriously, very well done mate!:clap:clap:clap

Just got my ship notice from Alter Ego...coming on Friday, can't wait! (said in Bart Scott voice).

Hey Rory, I'm curious, what'd you do to color your coat?

Acrylic mate, I have worked out a really cool way of ageing/dyeing fabric that gives it a good worn look.

Water everything down and let it dry in stages. I will PM you details if you are interested?

:wink1:

So, my dumb-@$$s didn't find the right area on a certain dealers website to see if I had indeed ordered one back in the day. So in mid-december thinking that I had not ordered, I ordered one. To my surprise, I was shipped a new Jack along with the first shipment! Well, imagine my oh ____es's when I see a shipping email today from the 2nd batch! Needless to say, I found the area of order history really easy this time and will now have 2 Jacks as of next tuesday. Rum, it's what's for Dinner! Yo-ho, yo-ho, a big butt chewin' for me.

I have continued to mod my Sparrow into a Curse version. Here are a few latest pics. Thanks to Maulfan for the excellent reference.
So far, I have. Cut & painted the hair, repositioned hair parts, Aged & dusted up boots, swapped out vest and pants for Medi ones, aged and weathered them quite a lot and did some major futzing. Not there yet, but getting closer. And here are some pics of my re-colored, weathered coat, I have done a lot more to it since the pics.. Hope you like so far(sorry for crappy iPhone pics)..

6-7.jpg
4-7.jpg

love what you're doing ! keep up the good work :)

Rob

Acrylic mate, I have worked out a really cool way of ageing/dyeing fabric that gives it a good worn look.

Water everything down and let it dry in stages. I will PM you details if you are interested?

:wink1:

I'm interested too! Please can you PM me too?

A few new pics, I added a fabric head scarf (just the tail) And some hair decoration. I also tailored back the flaps on his boots, as the looked a lot narrower in Curse. I swapped in the serious head sculpt for a change, next is the shirt and I'm gonna dirty up his face and chest a little..

PS.Anyone looking for tips on weathering etc. Rather than PM'ing everyone individually I will put together a "how to" in next couple of days, that might be of help to anyone interested in customizing a Jack..

1-10.jpg
2-9.jpg
3-10.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg
4-8.jpg

Back