Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want this epic HS to be incld with the actual product, PLeeeeZ :pray:

Jack-Sparrow-DX-Collection-Figure-2_1300967079.jpg

If that's what we end up with hot toys can leave my one in the factory and just send me the rest of the figure!:lecture

ive seen alot of comments about how some folks here do not like the stern/serious look to Sparrow, but he wears the look a lot during the movie...he's not always smiling...just my opinion here but i dont know why the complaints about the portrait sculpt. i do agree the the smiling sculpt looks off and hopefully it is fixed by the time it is shipped, but for my money this fig is amazing and the likeness is amazing.

ive seen alot of comments about how some folks here do not like the stern/serious look to Sparrow, but he wears the look a lot during the movie...he's not always smiling...just my opinion here but i dont know why the complaints about the portrait sculpt. i do agree the the smiling sculpt looks off and hopefully it is fixed by the time it is shipped, but for my money this fig is amazing and the likeness is amazing.

:exactly: He did in many scenes look like that in the movie and it's the perfect expression for poses like this!

one of the awesome poses i've seen of him

229453_165669136828418_138228759572456_420445_4058853_n.jpg

:exactly: I think there are some people that just aren't going to be pleased because of what they see as a flaw. I personally see Depp all over it. And your right he had a lot more serious poses in OST. Maybe they just haven't seen the movie yet? :dunno

SNSGUY

Yes, it is a good sculpt. This is my first Hot Toys purchase ever. I'm not even a big fan of Pirates. I was just impressed by the sculpt and accessories. And I knew I wanted 89 Joker (which got my attention to Hot Toys) and 89 Batman so I figured why not see what Hot Toys is all about with this one.

While the serious face isn't really Jack Sparrow, it is him in Stranger Tides, he's much more serious in that film. I think the problem is, a lot of folks are looking to this DX to be the be all end all of Jack Sparrow figures and want a portrait that captures the character over the 4 films. Sure HT could have done that, but being that it's a figure specific to 1 movie, I think it well depicts him from that movie.

This HS is pretty much perfect for me, and a serious sculpt is so much better for posing, which is why I buy these figures over fixed pose statues.

While the serious face isn't really Jack Sparrow, it is him in Stranger Tides, he's much more serious in that film. I think the problem is, a lot of folks are looking to this DX to be the be all end all of Jack Sparrow figures and want a portrait that captures the character over the 4 films. Sure HT could have done that, but being that it's a figure specific to 1 movie, I think it well depicts him from that movie.

Nice explanation - I haven't seen OST and what you've said pretty much sums up what I wish for in this figure. Admitting this I would still buy the figure without the smiling sculpt - but a less serious look would be a bonus.

I'm happily married with my PF Jack, but I think that this figure is well done.
It show an adult Jack...more adult than the other figures. So it's the right evolution of the character.

You haven't changed at all, Jack.

Implying the need?

Yes!

I do remember OST Jack as more serious, but not too terribly so. I think this expression is perfect, and maybe it's the position of the eyes in these pics that make him seem mean. :dunno:

Back