Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes a DX different than a MMS?

From recent releases the only thing that separates a DX and an MMS is PERS and that's about it.

If you look at the recent DX releases they had a second sculpt, stylized base, secondary costume or posing options but there are also a ton of MMS that have most if not all of those. So at this point as HT has done it, the only difference is PERS.

Look at the Mark VI, various armor parts to make a second version which is as good as another suit, stylized base, secondary head...the only thing it's missing is PERS.

I can't wait for this. I was never going to pay the ridiculous prices that the MK I was going for the ebay, so I thought I would never get this bad boy in my collection

I'm in the same position as you. I'd love a MK 1. If this is a new MK 1 thats good news for collectors who missed out. (Maybe bad news for flippers).

I paid retail for my Mark I. So, a new one would be fine with me. I really would rather have an Iron Monger!

From recent releases the only thing that separates a DX and an MMS is PERS and that's about it.

If you look at the recent DX releases they had a second sculpt, stylized base, secondary costume or posing options but there are also a ton of MMS that have most if not all of those. So at this point as HT has done it, the only difference is PERS.

Look at the Mark VI, various armor parts to make a second version which is as good as another suit, stylized base, secondary head...the only thing it's missing is PERS.

Appreciate the info. What's a PERS?

Maybe HT is releasing a DX version? That would be awesome!

Give it a load of extras! ya, but it does not need to ba a dx!:dunno ..pers is wasted on anything that has a mask that covers the eyes!:dunno

FYI I have the M1 and i paid retail for it, not to annoyed there will be a new version, i will be happy to have another m1 in the collection!:)

I said this back a ways, but if they go a DX kinda route, I will gladly fork over the cash for a Mark 1 with a car battery Tony stark.

Looks like Hot Toys will re-release any and every figure that becomes popular. And frankly, I love that they give us better versions, even if my own figures go down in price.

FINALLY! :clap

:yess:

I almost dropped $650 for one :horror.

So happy that my patience finally payed off.

Now let me go drop $1,100 for a Tumbler since it's still going to be used in the new movie

NOT!! :lol

I still can't believe that I cancelled my Tumbler preorder and then also had one in my hands at the Manhattan FP store for $80.00 over preorder and I put it down and walked away :slap

Now I have an empty shelf :monkey2

Last edited:
Rumor has it a new and improved Mark I will feature an improved RDJ sculpt, tons of accessories, and the suit will have launch capability :D

I only visited this thread for the first time in ages because I noticed it getting bumped these past few days... now I know why :) This board will go beserk if it turns out to be true...

Obviously HT can see that there's money to be had out of this, but I wonder if any part of their spate of re-releases can be attributed to keeping the after-market cool?

Ha & the Mark I's all start appearing on Evilbay & it's not even confirmed yet. I don't know why people get lived about reissues, even the flippers, the figure may drop in value a bit but look at the OC Batman, it still goes way above retail as does Mk III, Mk II, Jack Sparrow, I know it's a different film but still very similar to what he looked like in AWE apart from HT have gone back & much approved on the figure & that's what there got to do with the Mark I.

If this is true, I don't understand what the significance of the release is. Other than a fleeting glimpse in the background in IMII, we only really see it in Iron Man. Strange choice...
Anyway, mine is up for sale 1500.00 PM me! lol

If this is true, I don't understand what the significance of the release is.

68kxywwrn2.gif

Back