Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of details...

htironmanmki01.jpg

great lighting in those shots, falcon. really accentuates ht's beautiful paint work. and agree that this is THE 1/6 figure of the year. hands down.

BF's pic must have increased the sales of mark 1 by another 30% at the very least.

Very nice pics, mate. You really captured the details beautifully.

Hi Guys. Great Pics. I just received mine today and I have a small question about the stand, where do you put the figure on the stand as I have been trying for about an hour and I cant seem to get him on the stand. Sorry if this question has been asked before but I am going mad after battling with the battery compartment and now this, any pics would be great but any advice will do, thanks in advance for your help. Cheers :D

Hi Guys. Great Pics. I just received mine today and I have a small question about the stand, where do you put the figure on the stand as I have been trying for about an hour and I cant seem to get him on the stand. Sorry if this question has been asked before but I am going mad after battling with the battery compartment and now this, any pics would be great but any advice will do, thanks in advance for your help. Cheers :D

the stand? it's the standard ht stand, so the hooks go between his legs. the prongs should be resting just under his crotch, against the inner thighs.

as for his legs, i have mine with one foot off the base and the other standing on it. just felt he looks more dynamic this way. and btw, this is the first figure that i've ever had to use a stand. the problem is his right ankle is kinda loose and he's been in danger of falling over several times! so i'm not taking any chances with such an intricate figure...

My mkI order is getting processed tomorrow, so cant wait till he arrives and he will then join my mkII. Then just have to wait for my mkIII to convert then I will be sorted :drool

the stand? it's the standard ht stand, so the hooks go between his legs. the prongs should be resting just under his crotch, against the inner thighs.

as for his legs, i have mine with one foot off the base and the other standing on it. just felt he looks more dynamic this way. and btw, this is the first figure that i've ever had to use a stand. the problem is his right ankle is kinda loose and he's been in danger of falling over several times! so i'm not taking any chances with such an intricate figure...

Thanks for the reply. I found a pic that someone posted and worked it out from there. I have the same problem with the ankles so i have to use the stand. Cheers :D

Oh man! I just got mine! Its sitting in a box here under my desk here at work! Didn't want to make a mess so I haven't opened him, but I did clear the top layer of packing peanuts away to reveal the top of his crate... so cool... so cool...

Oh man! I just got mine! Its sitting in a box here under my desk here at work! Didn't want to make a mess so I haven't opened him, but I did clear the top layer of packing peanuts away to reveal the top of his crate... so cool... so cool...

Congrats! :chew

My pictures can't compare with many of the ones already posted, but here they are. It's just a stunning figure. I can't believe how intricate it is. How can Hot Toys pull off something like this off so perfectly when other companies can't even do simple figures well?

ht_iron_man_mark_3_1.jpg

ht_iron_man_mark_3_3.jpg

ht_iron_man_mark_3_2.jpg

Awesome pictures I!

Can someone please tell me if I use reward points on the WL for this and it doesn't convert to an order will I loose them?

I don't think you can use points on a waitlist order. If you don't mind ordering from Cornerstore Comics, they still have these at 20% off if you use their coupon. That's where I got mine.

When you see these two together one def dwarfs the other. If you want poseability and more accurate hot toys is the way to go. Although tony stark looks asian and really dark.

If you want a statue with an epic pose...then SS. But you be the judge when seeing them side by side.

ss005.jpg

It's just a stunning figure. I can't believe how intricate it is. How can Hot Toys pull off something like this off so perfectly when other companies can't even do simple figures well?

maybe hot toys hired tony stark himself to miniaturize the real mark1 armour. "he built this in a cave... with a box of scraps!!!" :D

When you see these two together one def dwarfs the other. If you want poseability and more accurate hot toys is the way to go. Although tony stark looks asian and really dark.

If you want a statue with an epic pose...then SS. But you be the judge when seeing them side by side.

You gotta admit, the HT Mark I ain't no mere dressed up doll. ;)

When you see these two together one def dwarfs the other.
Well, duh. ;)

If you want poseability and more accurate hot toys is the way to go. Although tony stark looks asian and really dark.

As opposed to this?

ss_im_mark3_portrait.jpg

The underlying sculpt is amazing, don't get me wrong. But if the HT version looks Asian, then the Sideshow version looks Middle Eastern.

What's epic about the SS piece's pose?

I'm not really knocking the sideshow piece, but I do think that for this particular subject, a mixed media approach is more appropriate. Take this shot of the maquette for example. There's a lot of detail there, but it's all obviously sculpted in. On the HT piece, there are real wires and pieces of armor, as well as fabric underneath it all, and it really helps give it a sense of realism.

My pictures can't compare with many of the ones already posted, but here they are.

Your pics are fine, bro. You can still see all the intricate details from head to toe. I think this is one of those rare figures where everyone can universally agree that Hot Toys knocked it out of the park. With the exception of the face behind the mask, this figure is near flawless.

What's epic about the SS piece's pose?

I agree. The HT Mark I can achieve the SS maquette pose with relative ease. In fact, I have mine posed just like the maquette in my display. For me an epic pose would be something a bit more dynamic like these...

p1010358.jpg

iron_man_mark_1_hot_toys_12_inch_figure_.jpg

iron_man_armor_mk_i_001.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you can use points on a waitlist order. If you don't mind ordering from Cornerstore Comics, they still have these at 20% off if you use their coupon. That's where I got mine.

Thats is a bummer. I was hoping to get this guy for free.:monkey2

Back