Official HOT TOYS Iron Man Mark 1 High Resolution Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just applied a bit of pressure (whilst sweating) and it popped open, lifting the missile was quite tight as well. As I always say... gentle but firm! A little gentle hairdryering might help as well, but I just went for it!
If you look at the edge you'll see its held shut by a lip, if you push the lip out of the way it then pops open... I hope that helps.

Yeah, I see the lip in question...the smaller flaplooks like it has a small edge the catches the groove on the larger plate...but it doesn't want to budge, and I'm not going to push too hard to force it. I just don't want to break something to check out a feature I'll probably try once & never futz with it again.
:whip Color me with the wuss crayon. :D

:lol Thanks for the tips Minimodel. I had the same problem with my MARK III...one of the arms wouldn't light up, so I unscrewed the plate with the tiniest of tiny screwdrivers and had a HELLUVA time trying to get those 3 batteries to line up, without the spring sending them FLYING! Your story about the MARK I brought back all those memories. :lol

I must have spent a solid hour carefully trying to get them in and then watching them spring all over my living room and chasing them down and trying again...Paid off though, it's been working ever since. :D

Can't wait to go through the same thing with my MARK I. :rolleyes:

:rotfl

Im sure Hot Toys do it on purpose.Those instructions,such as they are so vague as to the point of "Why bother??"See the post above regarding "Gentle but firm pressure"Wha??That missile launcher made me sweat pints as well.Im quite a ham-fisted individual at the best of times and this is the most terrified i ve been with ANY figure ever.

It will have to be a cool but forever hidden feature for me.
"Gentle but firm pressure" was never my strong suit.
I'm more of a "futz with it until it breaks and regret ever having touched it" kind of guy.
Not this time. :doh

Ah, glad I am not the only one who craps himself when touching this figure... you want to see fear? Check out my face when my son starts re-posing him! And the stand! Designed to drop as soon as your back is turned!!!
Oh, and the left knee on mine is stiff and will not bend. Will I use "gentle but firm pressure?" No chance! "Keep it straight to avoid snapping" should be in the instructions!!!
Dizzy

One thing that is really remarkable about this figure is the level of detail. The chest battery is insane, and so much more detailed than the SS maquette...at half the price...that it's not even humorous. Those are real bendy wires, not sculpted!
DSCN0902.jpg
7134_press08-001.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely.I did have the maquette on order,but it was only through love of all things Mark 1 than any particular love for the piece itself.The brain damaged king charles 1st look killed it for me from the get-go so when something needed to be cancelled this went without a second thought.

However,if the 1/2 maquette proves a success and Legacy Sideshow team up for the 1/2 scale Mark 1 i ll be in a great deal of trouble indeed.The most pleasant kind though.

You guys with your talking.... your killing us. More pictures please? That close-up of the chest battery is completely insane!

Nope, no moving parts. Some of the protective metal plates on the legs, arms and rear do move a bit though.

ok, thanks. wasn't really expecting any articulation or moving parts there, but then again u never know with hot toys, eh. like the chest RT--- fantastic detail.

The collection is now complete... until Iron Man II comes out!
Dizzy:google

all i need is mark 1 for representation from the first movie. i'm sure the new mark 4 armour in iron man2 will be even more impressive, as will ht's figure for it. then i'll have an iconic armour from each of the films... :D

I think the sweat added was a REALLY cool touch, I'd get him if I had the money, but I still don't even have two face, and hes out in the US now!!

How's the articulation on this guy? We've seen mostly static poses which leads me to believe the armor on the shoulders somewhat limits his articulation? Any insight?

How's the articulation on this guy? We've seen mostly static poses which leads me to believe the armor on the shoulders somewhat limits his articulation? Any insight?

Very limited... but very amazing, if that makes any kind of sense?

Considering the bulk of the armor, its pretty good. For example, its got very good articulation at the knees, elbows and head. The waist isn't bad. But the shoulders and hips are limited because of the armor design...the belts and pulleys on the legs hit the waist belt, limiting how far you can spread the kegs, and the shoulder armor hits the edges of the chest plate which restricts upward movements, but not forward and backwards.

Here are a few crap photo's I took last night, terrible lighting, but you get to see some details-
Mi6.jpg

M14.jpg

M13.jpg

M15.jpg

M16.jpg

M11.jpg

M12.jpg

Those are nice clear pics wookster. Tons of detail! :google This is one of those figures that it would almost be a shame not to have a mirror behind him when displayed.

Thanks for posting those Wookster! I am thinking of canceling my MK I from SS and ordering from Toys2, just to get him a bit faster. Of all three this is the one I have been looking forward too the most.

Thanks for the pics wookster. This thing is amazing. I dropped mine and am getting from Toys2 to help speed up the arrival time. Worth the extra.

Back