Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really liking this line too. They're really well done. Can't wait for Vader.

Vader is going to be a mild disappointment for me because Hasbro used the swivel-cut elbows, which is going to make it harder to do a lot of saber poses. I still think it'll be a cool figure, but Hasbro really dropped the ball on the articulation design with Vader (as well as Luke and the upcoming Starkiller Hero).

Got my Obi/Yoda pack from HTS yesterday...Ironically, these were supposed to be my first foray into McQuarrie figs as I just can't find them anywhere. I got lucky yesterday while at FYE. They had 2 McQuarrie Boba Fetts sitting on the peg. I grabbed 1 but they were kinda expensive at $12.99 each (same price as the rest of series).

Just ordered another Ben/Yoda.

Received yesterday Boba and Chewie
still waiting for C3p0 & R2, Stormie, and Luke

I think I'll have to give up on collecting the McQuarrie figures, I still have yet to see a Boba Fett on the peg, and I'm not paying scalper prices to obtain one. Right now I just have a Luke, Stormie and the original release Stormie.

I think I'll have to give up on collecting the McQuarrie figures, I still have yet to see a Boba Fett on the peg, and I'm not paying scalper prices to obtain one. Right now I just have a Luke, Stormie and the original release Stormie.
I didnt watch pegs, I waited for Hasbro Toy Shop to sell them. I am sure they will show up again.

Well, it's probably a guarantee that sometime next year, you'll see an entire McQuarrie figure boxed set as an online exclusive. So I think you'll eventually get your McQ collection.

I didnt watch pegs, I waited for Hasbro Toy Shop to sell them. I am sure they will show up again.
I was late on picking one up from HTS, I keep checking but it doesn't seem like it will come back in stock. One thing I've noticed is that my area gets SW figures in later then most so there's still hope that I might find one.
Well, it's probably a guarantee that sometime next year, you'll see an entire McQuarrie figure boxed set as an online exclusive. So I think you'll eventually get your McQ collection.
Yeah I keep hoping that will happen. That's what happened on the original McQuarrie Stormie. It would just be more reassuring to have them now and not hope for a rerelease.

Just got my C3PO and R2 today, great figures. Still waiting for Stormie and Luke.

Anyone know when Vader, Leia, Han and General Ralph McQuarrie come out?

Bigbadtoystore.com has Vader listed as arriving in August. Don't know what that means for the stores because around here (central Maine) the shelves are still dominated by the last Saga line.

Vader is the only one I want. I have a carded collection of my favorites of him, and this very much belongs amongst them. It would be kind of silly to have an open one with no other McQ's to join him.

Patience sir...

It's been a long drought for figures for a few months...and usually when they begin to show again, it's a few cases of the older waves before any of the new stuff shows. At least that has been the case around here. Our local TRU has NOTHING but after months of empty pegs, our local WM just put out a couple cases of the first "Legends" wave (no more reissues PLEASE) and one of wave 2 rev...(DS Trooper, Clones, and YES! McStormie and Boba).
I remember one of the Hasbro reps at ClV mentioning that all of the Mcfigures would be peppered into revision assortments throughout the year.

So keep checking you local area stores...it may take time, but hopefully they'll turn up...

Anyone interested in a straight-up trade, my Boba for a Chewie? The Boba is MOC and in really nice condition overall... Chewie could be loose (for all I care) as long as he's complete.

PM if interested... :chew

And if anyone is still in need of a Stormtrooper, I saw one at a local store the other day, I'd be happy to pick it up for you as long as you don't mind paying postage.

While out and about today, I saw all three of these figures out there..so they are showing up again....

I thought I'd show this line some appreciation...I'm really loving it..

The Imperial Stormtrooper
1087497319_a8d6896118_o.jpg

The Stormtrooper was released a few years back as part of the Saga line and it proved extremely popular. And no wonder...it's a solid figure, stands well and has unique accessories including a different take on the familiar lightsaber and a shield along with his sidearm. Since it is an older figure it doesn't sport the extra articulation that many of today's figures do but it's still a great representation of McQuarrie's take on this Imperial grunt...

Chewbacca
1088358478_f5dfbc3947_o.jpg

Han Solo's sidekick had a decidedly more sinister and intense look in his early incarnations...he even featured clothes! With his pointy ears and yellow eyes, he isn't quite the cuddly giant we all know....
The figure is fantastic...features great detail and articulation, two weapons and stands well. His look varies a bit from the concept art but still presents a fine interpretation of McQuarrie's vision of the wookiee...

Boba Fett
1088358206_0a06981929_o.jpg

The mysterious Mandolorian was the first new concept creation from McQuarrie for The Empire Strikes Back. It's interesting to observe his all-white appearance here in his early form resembles the Stormtrooper...and later (or earlier!) he becomes the template for them in the saga! And here was our first visual clue all those years ago...
The figure is another triumph...fully articulated for a range of posing possibilities, great detail, and two helmets illustrating the different stages of development. His lower chestplate swings open to access even more gadgets and his "flame" slides snugly in place. An excellent addition to this McQuarrie gallery...

Ralph McQuarrie's concept art is one of the most significant pieces of Star Wars history and memorabilia to me...in the dark years between the original movies (before we had the Internet and the endless stream of spoiler-filled fansites), his paintings kept the spark alive and created great anticiaption for the next chapter. It is really cool of Hasbro to acknowledge his contribution to the saga with these great figures!

I've always loved McQuarrie's work.

This is one of my favorite paintings. I had a poster of it from the SW Fan Club. I think I still have it somewhere.

Back