Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don't think it is 'technically' a McQuarrie series figure, I'm looking forward and actually planning on getting the General McQuarrie figure to go with his creations. I plan on looking for him next time I watch ESB.

Buttmunch said:
While I don't think it is 'technically' a McQuarrie series figure, I'm looking forward and actually planning on getting the General McQuarrie figure to go with his creations. I plan on looking for him next time I watch ESB.

Did he actually make a cameo appearance, I thought the Hoth body was just the choice of body to put his head on.

MaulFan said:
Did he actually make a cameo appearance, I thought the Hoth body was just the choice of body to put his head on.

I guess so.

general_mcquarrie.jpg

Never noticed him before though.

Received my second MacQuarrie droid figures today from TOYROCKET and very happily opened up this one... I've got a collection of the MacQuarrie prints and I intend on framing several that show the actual characters and pose the figs on a mini shelf with the framed print... The C-3PO and R2-D2 are great figs.

Got my Boba and Chewie today... look great (but chewie is one scary dude.) I'm still not sure if I want to open all these or not though.. they look good in the packages.

Buttmunch said:
I guess so.

general_mcquarrie.jpg

Never noticed him before though.
Thats how they have him on the bookmarks they gave out at CIV with McQuarrie art on them , it was given out at his panel.

I picked up a couple boxes of the figures stands Hasbro was selling at C4 and included with the stands is a sheet of name tag stickers. Here's what they provide, McQuarrie Concept-wise:

Boba Fett
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Luke Starkiller
Luke Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
R2-D2
Rebel Trooper
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper
Yoda

That makes 13 figures unless they're counting R2 & 3PO as one due to their having come out in a set. But then again, they appear to be counting Concept Obi & Concept Yoda as separate figures even though THEY will be in a 2-pack... go figure.

And yes, there is a name tag for General McQuarrie, but there is no sticker for Concept Grievous.

- J!

Sith Lord 0498 said:
So I wonder when we'll see the McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper? Unless that's General McQuarrie??

He said there is a different sticker for the General so it may be different but I bet its the same one.

Since we have an official thread for this figure line, I wanted to post links to all my current reviews. The Celebration IV Concept Luke should be on the website within the next few days.

McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2007McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper.htm

McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2007McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett.htm

McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2007McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca.htm

McQuarrie Concept C-3PO and R2-D2

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/McQuarrie Concept C-3PO and R2-D2.htm

Great reviews.

I've got the Stormtrooper, three Bobas, two sets of the droids, and one Luke (with a second on the way).

I'd have to agree that the Boba rocks---- but I was a bit confused when he fell apart in my hands when I opened him the first time.

I'm looking forward to getting Chewie and the others.

DarthNeil said:
Great reviews.

I've got the Stormtrooper, three Bobas, two sets of the droids, and one Luke (with a second on the way).

I'd have to agree that the Boba rocks---- but I was a bit confused when he fell apart in my hands when I opened him the first time.

I'm looking forward to getting Chewie and the others.

Thanks for the kudos! I'll be sure to post the link to the Luke review when it goes up.

As for Fett falling apart...if I hadn't already known about it, I would've been just as baffled as you. :lol

Have'nt bought any ahsbro figure for a long time, but i saw the concept Boba Fett yesterday and i got cause i wanted to have a good look at him. He sure is smaller than anything i got before, either i was smaller or the figures are smaller.

Back