Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering they only gave us a Newt from the original movie, I won't get my hopes up too high. But boy, I'd love a decent collection of FB figures.

So, is this real?

FB_IMG_1540295731986.jpg

FB_IMG_1540295723811.jpg

RIP Star Ace

Hoping the Wizarding World license also includes Harry Potter

though I'm convinced they only picked up the license so they could do one more Johnny Depp figure.

Does that ad actually say we're getting 1/6 figures? Alas, I can't read it. :lol

I agree. You can't release figure like POA Hermione, and follow it up with a Thunderbirds looking Lucious Malfoy and expect people to get excited about them, and future releases.

I'm really glad I have what I have that is from Star Ace, because that stuff is genuinely good, but nearly everything since May 2017 when I got my POA Harry has been awful.

They were charging Hot Toys money for sub $200 quality figures. But at least now when FB and Harry Potter collectors get charged Hot Toys money, they'll be getting HT quality too.

Maybe when Hot Toys puts up the first figure it should be time to start a new catch-all thread for the license?

"Official Hot Toys Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts Discussion Thread"

It looks like they have those two prototypes done. Unless that’s just stills from the movie, the image is quite small. I’d say when they are actually seen a new thread would be a good idea. I thought a few years back Star Ace would give Hot Toys a run for top of the market, sadly that never happened. As it stands QMX and Blitzway still might. If Hot Toys is worried about another legitimate company it’s one of those two. That recent QMX Westley has become my 2018 favorite purchase out of 19 figures so far this year. As for Blitzway they showed they weren’t afraid to throw a punch at SDCC this past July with some cool and some odd prototypes.

I agree. You can't release figure like POA Hermione, and follow it up with a Thunderbirds looking Lucious Malfoy and expect people to get excited about them, and future releases.

I'm really glad I have what I have that is from Star Ace, because that stuff is genuinely good, but nearly everything since May 2017 when I got my POA Harry has been awful.

They were charging Hot Toys money for sub $200 quality figures. But at least now when FB and Harry Potter collectors get charged Hot Toys money, they'll be getting HT quality too.

Maybe when Hot Toys puts up the first figure it should be time to start a new catch-all thread for the license?

Agree with this 1 million percent.

Star Ace started out amazing and then their prices rocketed and quality plummeted. As you say, they got greedy and wanted Hot Toys money for knockoff quality. You reap what you sew.

In a perfect world, competition drives innovation and benefits the end user. No point Star Ace being bitter about it. I doubt Star Ace will respond with better figures, but really hope they do. Even if they just revisit some of the sub par sculpts and rerelease some of their misses.

I am guessing fantastic beasts is as far as Hot Toys will go with this line. Even if they got license to the original series, they would never go as deep into it as Star Ace has. I’m grateful For the work Star Ace has put into the collection, but as many said here....quality likenesses have been on the decline.

Does that ad actually say we're getting 1/6 figures? Alas, I can't read it. :lol

Underneath Newt and Grindelwald it says "'Movie Masterpiece' 1/6-scale figures", so that seems pretty definitive if this is real!

They just revealed the FB cosababies of Newt, Grindlewald, and Dumbledore. I'm guessing the 1/6 figures aren't too far behind.

:exactly: This pretty much sums it up unfortunately. Love the figures that I do have, but I've not pre-ordered any Star Ace Harry Potter figures for a while and it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be getting my much coveted McGonagall figure :(

Still, interested to see these Hot Toys figures of the characters, I already have the Star Ace Newt (which I will be keeping) but I am sure I could be tempted to buy a HT version as well...as well as some of the other FB characters.

Back